1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » so, is?

#1 November 21st, 2006 09:44 PM

paintjam

so, is?

so, is like thanksgiving really just an american holiday?

do you have a similiar holiday in your part of the world?

you know, where you slaughter millions of turkeys and eat far too much?

hope you're happy wherever you are.

luv
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#2 November 22nd, 2006 09:30 AM

Paulie

Re: so, is?

paintjam wrote:

so, is like thanksgiving really just an american holiday?

do you have a similiar holiday in your part of the world?

you know, where you slaughter millions of turkeys and eat far too much?

hope you're happy wherever you are.

luv
jamie

My understanding of American Thankgiving is that it can be a more significant and lavish feast day than Christmas day.  Is this true?  I would like to know more about Thanksgiving - is it anything like Festivus?

Considering the reason for the Thanksgiving celebration, I would be surprised if any other countries would celebrate it.  In Oz, our main day for slaughtering millions of turkeys is Christmas day.  We also slaughter millions of pigs for ham.  My family has a tradition of salting and smoking our own hams (apologies to the vegetarians).

In a few weeks I will embark on my yearly pilgramage home to spend Christmas with my family so I'm pretty happy about that.

Does anyone else travel habitually to celebrate Christmas?

#3 November 22nd, 2006 09:51 PM

paintjam

Paulie wrote:

My understanding of American Thankgiving is that it can be a more significant and lavish feast day than Christmas day.  Is this true?  I would like to know more about Thanksgiving - is it anything like Festivus?

Considering the reason for the Thanksgiving celebration, I would be surprised if any other countries would celebrate it.  In Oz, our main day for slaughtering millions of turkeys is Christmas day.  We also slaughter millions of pigs for ham.  My family has a tradition of salting and smoking our own hams (apologies to the vegetarians).

In a few weeks I will embark on my yearly pilgramage home to spend Christmas with my family so I'm pretty happy about that.

it is a day, yes more so than christmas when much of humanity is overwhelmed with panic stricken gift giving, when lavish feasts are set out not only for those who have it, but for those who do not.

it is a festivus kinda holiday.   feats of strength on traditional t day football games.  usually when relatives get together they wind up saying what they dont like about other relatives.
so yes it is festivuslike.

i do not travel or 'suffer' from the christmas holiday any more.

i usually spend it quietly at home or with a few friends.

i would however, like to travel every year for christmas, to a remote island until the maddening buying/selling season ends.

oh yes, i do like many of the rock star and such artists renditions of christmas songs.

happy thursday anyway my dear.

jamie

'stay beautiful'

#4 November 24th, 2006 02:58 PM

SCSIgirl

Paulie wrote:

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » so, is?

Board footer