#1 October 12th, 2006 05:07 PM

ainslee

anyone in here do this for a living??

Hey guys
I have a random question... doing ISM has made me interested in doing osme other work around the place using my bod to make me some dollars lol.  I've been offered a few jobs for people's private portfolios and everyone keeps asking me what my hourly rate is.  Only problem is, I don't have an hourly rate and I dunno what to say. Does anyone know what the going rate for a nude folio shoot is?? it'd be greatly appreciated.  or can anyone even guess lol?
thanks
ainslee

#2 October 12th, 2006 05:51 PM

blissed

Re: anyone in here do this for a living??

Alright I'll offer you £750 purhaps 800 at a push. whats that in Ozzy smucks, that's 1939 dollars, thats too much!!  Ozzies work for half the rates you pay in london, so whatever alisha is getting you have to accept much less smile Actually Alisha's got a great site, she's got some really good pics there.

http://www.alishax.com/

#3 October 12th, 2006 07:13 PM

Stoneyyy

blissed wrote:

Ozzies work for half the rates you pay in london,

Get it right Blissed, you Poms work for 10% of the lifestyle we have in Aus smile

#4 October 12th, 2006 08:22 PM

paintjam

ainslee wrote:

Hey guys
I have a random question... doing ISM has made me interested in doing osme other work around the place using my bod to make me some dollars lol.  I've been offered a few jobs for people's private portfolios and everyone keeps asking me what my hourly rate is.  Only problem is, I don't have an hourly rate and I dunno what to say. Does anyone know what the going rate for a nude folio shoot is?? it'd be greatly appreciated.  or can anyone even guess lol?
thanks
ainslee

for a first folio here one would get paid between $500 and $1000 u.s.
that may mean multiple shoots on a folio rate.

hourly between $200 to $800 per hour (but this rate is flexible too)

jamie

'stay beautiful'

#5 October 12th, 2006 10:23 PM

Head
Administrator

paintjam wrote:

for a first folio here one would get paid between $500 and $1000 u.s.
that may mean multiple shoots on a folio rate.

hourly between $200 to $800 per hour (but this rate is flexible too)

jamie

I'm not sure where you get that info from, but unless that's for hardcore sex it's way higher than anything I've ever heard of.   I believe $100/hour for a novice for gentle nudity is about right.  If you look at agency sites and take a third or more off the rates, you'll get an idea of what the model is paid.

#6 October 12th, 2006 10:47 PM

SCSIgirl

Head wrote:

I'm not sure where you get that info from, but unless that's for hardcore sex it's way higher than anything I've ever heard of.   I believe $100/hour for a novice for gentle nudity is about right.  If you look at agency sites and take a third or more off the rates, you'll get an idea of what the model is paid.

I would say that estimate is more realistic,  although here in the Bay Area where everything is Silicon Valley priced,  $300 to $400 for about a 2-3 hour shoot is the norm.  However, here in the USA, the "model release" is the important thing.  Read it carefully,  most generic ones give the photog total rights.  NEVER pay a photog for a folio and then sign a release.  When you pay,  the pics are yours.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#7 October 13th, 2006 01:04 AM

MrPicMe

From my experience, posting in website forums doesn't pay well.

So come on Head, up the scale, dammit!

#8 October 13th, 2006 03:39 AM

Will_79

Stoneyyy wrote:

Get it right Blissed, you Poms work for 10% of the lifestyle we have in Aus smile

Which is why I plan to be in Australia within the next 3-4 years.

*though technically I'm not a Pom, I'm a Jock. Same crappy lifestyle though! smile

#9 October 13th, 2006 08:57 AM

paintjam

Head wrote:

i would say that you are correct for that type of modeling.
i know gorgeous women who model for artists for $50 - $100 per hour, and some that model for art classes for $20 - $30 per hour.

i guess it just boils down to who you are modeling for and for what and what you are willing to work for.

one has to be VERY careful NOT to be taken advantage of and it is true that higher paying modeling jobs are far and fewer between the ones that are not.   

jamie

p.s.   this is all just another reason to love THIS SITE.

'stay beautiful'

#10 October 13th, 2006 07:59 PM

paintjam

MrPicMe wrote:

From my experience, posting in website forums doesn't pay well.

So come on Head, up the scale, dammit!

oh it can lead to expensive perks.
take those lucky members that have acquired an original piece of my work.
they will be able to send their kids to college  or go to an early retirement if they sell them down the road a piece teehee

'stay beautiful'

#11 October 13th, 2006 08:02 PM

paintjam

SCSIgirl wrote:

I would say that estimate is more realistic,  although here in the Bay Area where everything is Silicon Valley priced,  $300 to $400 for about a 2-3 hour shoot is the norm.  However, here in the USA, the "model release" is the important thing.  Read it carefully,  most generic ones give the photog total rights.  NEVER pay a photog for a folio and then sign a release.  When you pay,  the pics are yours.

well the most this human has ever been paid for modeling was $200 for the ENTIRE DAY.
teehee  and it was a lot of work.   i just could not help thinking how much better the images would look if he shot them this way or that instead.

of course i did get to 'ahem' with the makeup girl a few weeks after the shoot wink

jamie

'stay beautiful'

#12 October 24th, 2006 11:42 PM

dirtycamera

maybe I can help... these are the rates I pay

day rates are less though..

Swimsuit:    60.00/hr
Lingerie:    70.00/hr
Topless:    90.00/hr
Artistic Nude Figure:    100.00/hr
Erotic Nude:    100.00/hr
Explicit Nude:    120.00/hr
Toys (explicit):    140.00/hr
Girl/Girl Simulated:    140.00/hr

these are the avg rates in Australia...

#13 October 25th, 2006 09:24 PM

paintjam

dirtycamera wrote:

maybe I can help... these are the rates I pay

day rates are less though..

Swimsuit:    60.00/hr
Lingerie:    70.00/hr
Topless:    90.00/hr
Artistic Nude Figure:    100.00/hr
Erotic Nude:    100.00/hr
Explicit Nude:    120.00/hr
Toys (explicit):    140.00/hr
Girl/Girl Simulated:    140.00/hr

these are the avg rates in Australia...

is that aus dollar?

does anyone still use rubles?

jamie

'stay beautiful'

#14 December 6th, 2006 01:39 PM

pollyanna

I have done about 5 videos since this and one still shoot, so there's plenty out there- they will most likely contact you first.

#15 December 7th, 2006 10:44 AM

zille

ainslee wrote:

Hey guys
thanks
ainslee

Yes, for nude shoots, I tended to a $100/per hour with a 2 hour minimum.  If people wanted more than just nude, my rate rose pretty fast.  But it depends where you are -- you have to see what photographers in your area are offering.   One suggestion: as them what they pay before you tell them what you want to receive.  If the offer is good, go with it (and sometimes it's better than you would have asked for!) and if it's not, tell them your mimium rate and see if they go for it.  Don't forget you can be paid travel fees if you travel more than 25 miles, or you can ask for your travel costs to be reimbursed if you travel less.

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

Board footer