#1 September 22nd, 2006 09:21 AM

paintjam

what is your favourite pizza?

hmmmmmm?

mine is a veggie lou malnatis pizza.

wink
jamie

p.s.   if there are any of you from parts of the world that do not know what pizza is, DO NOT ASK, cause if you have one, you will want more...;)

'stay beautiful'

#2 September 23rd, 2006 08:35 AM

Stoneyyy

Re: what is your favourite pizza?

I had a hot and spicey last night it was yummieeeee

#3 September 23rd, 2006 09:26 AM

perl

Hell Pizza - Purgatory (with olives). I also like the Sinister a lot.

#4 September 23rd, 2006 09:33 AM

paintjam

perl wrote:

Hell Pizza - Purgatory (with olives). I also like the Sinister a lot.

really?
tell me about the sinister.
and purgatory
great names.
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#5 September 23rd, 2006 01:36 PM

katt

Hey all!!!
sorry i havent been round much u no how it is...
my fav pizza is... well i have to say first, i no im boring my fav is ham and pinapple YUMMMMMMMMMMM anyway hope ill be aroud more

mwaz katt

#6 September 23rd, 2006 03:33 PM

perl

paintjam wrote:

really?
tell me about the sinister.
and purgatory
great names.
jamie

There was a link to their site (with menu) in my post, but basically Purgatory has spinach and feta and sundried tomatoes and good stuff like that. Sinister is vegan and has refried beans and jalapenos and avocado and salsa. It's a nice lighter option for when I'm not feeling like grease.

#7 September 23rd, 2006 08:52 PM

paintjam

perl wrote:

There was a link to their site (with menu) in my post, but basically Purgatory has spinach and feta and sundried tomatoes and good stuff like that. Sinister is vegan and has refried beans and jalapenos and avocado and salsa. It's a nice lighter option for when I'm not feeling like grease.

yum

'stay beautiful'

#8 September 24th, 2006 01:00 AM

SCSIgirl

paintjam wrote:

hmmmmmm?

mine is a veggie lou malnatis pizza.

wink
jamie

p.s.   if there are any of you from parts of the world that do not know what pizza is, DO NOT ASK, cause if you have one, you will want more...;)

Years ago, in San Jose,  there was a mom & pop shop on the corner of 8th and Santa Clara streets called Nick's.  It was a block from San Jose State U so it was mobbed with students.  Their claim to fame was that they used a sourdough base for their pizza.  You couldn't get anything like it anywhere else.  Mom & Pop stayed in the kitchen and the two sons did all the waiting.

My fondest memory was coming in early one afternoon and the place was empty.  There was a lot of yelling going on back in the kitchen.  Not sure what was going on,  I circled the empty tables to try and get a look into the kitchen door.  What I saw was so classic,  I wish I had a camera.  Pop and the two boys were lined up against the refrigerator,  their hands behind their backs and their heads bowed.  In front was Mama with stained white apron and large wooden spoon in hand,  yelling at them and looking like she was about to execute them all with the spoon.  She was pissed about something.

Yep,  that was an genuine Italian family , alright.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#9 September 24th, 2006 09:47 AM

paintjam

SCSIgirl wrote:

Years ago, in San Jose,  there was a mom & pop shop on the corner of 8th and Santa Clara streets called Nick's.  It was a block from San Jose State U so it was mobbed with students.  Their claim to fame was that they used a sourdough base for their pizza.  You couldn't get anything like it anywhere else.  Mom & Pop stayed in the kitchen and the two sons did all the waiting.

My fondest memory was coming in early one afternoon and the place was empty.  There was a lot of yelling going on back in the kitchen.  Not sure what was going on,  I circled the empty tables to try and get a look into the kitchen door.  What I saw was so classic,  I wish I had a camera.  Pop and the two boys were lined up against the refrigerator,  their hands behind their backs and their heads bowed.  In front was Mama with stained white apron and large wooden spoon in hand,  yelling at them and looking like she was about to execute them all with the spoon.  She was pissed about something.

Yep,  that was an genuine Italian family , alright.

haaaaaaaaaa
oh a camera in hand would have been nice.
just so long as she did not see YOU teehee
our you would have been in the lineup ....;)
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#10 October 6th, 2006 12:45 PM

MrPicMe

I prefer my pizza with a little pizza topping. Yes, I do mean a plethora of pizza on my pizza, or I'd settle for the kind you get from a dirty handed adolescent with a bad cough. That will ensure I get a bang for my buck.

#11 October 10th, 2006 11:04 PM

strawberry

Crikey, that Purgatory one sounds DELICIOUS! Me, I can't get past mexicana with chillis galore! Oh, and you can't forget the garlic bread in tow!   smile

#12 October 11th, 2006 12:49 AM

liani

fresh tomato and white onion slices are my favorite toppings...and a wood oven pizza with an herby garlic crust is the best!

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."
--Kurt Vonnegut

#13 October 11th, 2006 05:59 AM

paintjam

liani wrote:

fresh tomato and white onion slices are my favorite toppings...and a wood oven pizza with an herby garlic crust is the best!

yum.

'stay beautiful'

#14 October 11th, 2006 10:14 AM

liani

paintjam wrote:

yum.

Hi Jamie...Isn't Chicago famous for its deep dish pizza?  I've never gotten to try any REAL deep dish (I don't think Pizza Hut pan pizza counts smile...but it sounds appealing.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."
--Kurt Vonnegut

#15 October 11th, 2006 11:57 AM

ainslee

my fav pizza would have to be boring old cheese pizza with bbq sauce.  I'm one of those horrible vegetarian people so it's hard to find a nice vego pizza.  Though when I was in Austria, there was this place that made this little pizza puffs, they were dough filled with pizza stuff and cooked in this traditional clay oven.  they were fantastic.

#16 October 11th, 2006 08:31 PM

paintjam

liani wrote:

Hi Jamie...Isn't Chicago famous for its deep dish pizza?  I've never gotten to try any REAL deep dish (I don't think Pizza Hut pan pizza counts smile...but it sounds appealing.

chicago does indeed have a number of pizzas that will alter ones waist if eaten TOO often. teehee

actually you can sample a few online as they ship them to you partially cooked and frozen.
but heating them up in ones own oven is not quite like having them come our of one of theirs, however they are still pretty good.

there is
lou malnattis
giordanos
eduardos
pizzeria unos
pizzeria due
ricobenes
connies
and on and on and on.

i like having a 'left over slice' for breakfast sometimes.
is that wierd?
and i like breakfast cereals for late nite snacks...;)

hugz
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#17 October 17th, 2006 07:40 PM

Stoneyyy

paintjam wrote:

i like having a 'left over slice' for breakfast sometimes.
is that wierd?
and i like breakfast cereals for late nite snacks...;)

hugz
jamie

I will agree with that smile

#18 October 18th, 2006 09:01 PM

paulie_09

spinach and ricotta - Sicilian style - and real greasy

#19 October 19th, 2006 09:37 AM

centrevom

I love experimenting with home made pizza.  My culinary guinea-pigs (i.e. best friends) swear that they really like my peanut butter and horseradish pizza and my avocado and artichoke based pizza.

#20 October 19th, 2006 10:12 AM

paintjam

centrevom wrote:

I love experimenting with home made pizza.  My culinary guinea-pigs (i.e. best friends) swear that they really like my peanut butter and horseradish pizza and my avocado and artichoke based pizza.

horseradish.   it is the season to clear the sinuses teeheee
what part of the world are you living in???
wink
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#21 October 19th, 2006 10:13 AM

paintjam

paulie_09 wrote:

spinach and ricotta - Sicilian style - and real greasy

what a fab avatar.

'spinach and ricotta see!'

'stay beautiful'

#22 October 20th, 2006 10:04 AM

paulie_09

paintjam wrote:

what a fab avatar.

'spinach and ricotta see!'

An Edward G. fan, huh? This one's for you..

"After living in the USA for more than thirty-five years they called me an undesirable alien. Me. Johnny Rocco. Like I was a dirty Red or something!"

#23 October 20th, 2006 07:41 PM

paintjam

“The best actor never to win an Oscar!”

yes i was always a fan.

p.s.  'see'

'stay beautiful'

#24 October 25th, 2006 11:08 AM

alyce

Sounds boring but I adore magherita with lots of herbs and fresh sliced tomato over the top. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Board footer