1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » hello

#1 September 30th, 2006 02:06 AM

liani

hello

hey everybody!
I've been lurking (that sounds so sinister) on ism for a couple of years now, always intending to shoot myself, but never quite getting around to it.  Well, a few months ago I stopped procrastinating and finally did it...and now it's about to go up.  It's kind of a strange feeling. In a good way, though.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to some interesting forum discussions.
liani

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."
--Kurt Vonnegut

#2 September 30th, 2006 06:43 AM

Belgareth

Re: hello

liani wrote:

hey everybody!
I've been lurking (that sounds so sinister) on ism for a couple of years now, always intending to shoot myself, but never quite getting around to it.  Well, a few months ago I stopped procrastinating and finally did it...and now it's about to go up.  It's kind of a strange feeling. In a good way, though.
liani

Hello Liani and welcome to you, after all that lurking! Yes, it does sound sinister but how else can you describe someone who says nothing, does nothing and just watches from the shadows?

At least you've now broken free and reveal yourself!

Just realised if a male lurker did that he'd probably be considered a flasher ;-)

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#3 September 30th, 2006 09:32 PM

paintjam

liani wrote:

hey everybody!
liani

hello fellow lurker
i was a lurker too teehee
after viewing your folio i am overjoyed (and wet mind you) that you decided to participate in this project.

it is indeed good to cast off a lifetime of cultural inhibitions regarding nudity.
actually it is utterly fabulous.

welcome and please hang around a while.

luv
jamie

p.s.   as a matter of fact you are welcome to participate in my ongoing art projects if you like.
http://www.sito.org/cgi-bin/egads/segads?idonly=sym

'stay beautiful'

#4 October 1st, 2006 01:31 AM

blissed

That looks like a nice folio Liani, I love the room it's in too! Mirrors are great for freeing you from  arms length only views, Your really pretty, I like 101 smile is that your painting in the background in 122. Anyway, welcome to the forum Liani, hope you like it here smile

#5 October 1st, 2006 02:13 AM

liani

Hello Liani and welcome to you, after all that lurking! Yes, it does sound sinister but how else can you describe someone who says nothing, does nothing and just watches from the shadows?

At least you've now broken free and reveal yourself!

Just realised if a male lurker did that he'd probably be considered a flasher ;-)

Hi Belgareth, that's funny...women have alot more social leeway, I think.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."
--Kurt Vonnegut

#6 October 1st, 2006 02:16 AM

liani

hello fellow lurker
i was a lurker too teehee
after viewing your folio i am overjoyed (and wet mind you) that you decided to participate in this project.

it is indeed good to cast off a lifetime of cultural inhibitions regarding nudity.
actually it is utterly fabulous.

welcome and please hang around a while.

luv
jamie

p.s. as a matter of fact you are welcome to participate in my ongoing art projects if you like.

Hi Jamie...Thanks for the kind words.  That would be my husband who is the painter.  I dabbled with painting in high school, but it didn't "take."  I'm more into photography & collage.  Glue and scissors are fun.  I will check out your art link later today.

--Kurt Vonnegut

#7 October 1st, 2006 02:18 AM

liani

That looks like a nice folio Liani, I love the room it's in too! Mirrors are great for freeing you from arms length only views, Your really pretty, I like 101 smile is that your painting in the background in 122. Anyway, welcome to the forum Liani, hope you like it here smile

Hi Blissed...Thanks for the nice comments.  Yes, mirrors are good.  I don't know how I would've done the shoot without one, though I'm amazed by how creative some girls here can get without one.  All of the paintings in the background are my hubby's.

--Kurt Vonnegut

#8 October 1st, 2006 10:45 AM

blissed

I like them, do they sell for huge amounts of money smile

#9 October 1st, 2006 01:53 PM

Stoneyyy

liani wrote:

hey everybody!
liani

A big hello to you too

I am glad that you have got around to it, as its a lovely shoot and love the warm glow, and of course your a very pretty woman

Yes I would love to see more of you in the forums

#10 October 2nd, 2006 11:58 AM

liani

Stoneyyy wrote:

A big hello to you too

I am glad that you have got around to it, as its a lovely shoot and love the warm glow, and of course your a very pretty woman

Yes I would love to see more of you in the forums

Thanks for the kind words, Stoneyyy.

--Kurt Vonnegut

#11 October 2nd, 2006 12:03 PM

liani

blissed wrote:

I like them, do they sell for huge amounts of money smile

Huge amounts?  Not yet...that would be nice smile
But then, I usually like them too much to want them to sell at all.

--Kurt Vonnegut

#12 October 2nd, 2006 12:07 PM

liani

paintjam wrote:

p.s.   as a matter of fact you are welcome to participate in my ongoing art projects if you like.

Very cool images, Jamie.  The colors are great; and what better subject matter than the female figure...

--Kurt Vonnegut

#13 October 2nd, 2006 07:13 PM

yazmine

Hi Liani and welcome to what feels like the I shot myself family, great shoot I also loved  the lighting and background items, fantastic!!!

Enjoy

[color="Teal"]Yazmine[/color]

#14 October 2nd, 2006 09:13 PM

paintjam

liani wrote:

Very cool images, Jamie.  The colors are great; and what better subject matter than the female figure...

why thank you.
i like to think so.
you are welcome to join the ranks or 'original syms' anytime you like.
hugz
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#15 October 3rd, 2006 12:42 AM

liani

yazmine wrote:

Hi Liani and welcome to what feels like the I shot myself family, great shoot I also loved  the lighting and background items, fantastic!!!

Enjoy

Hi Yazmine,
Thanks, I'm happy to be here finally.  I enjoyed your folio as well.  Photo 93 is my favorite...great composition & pose.

--Kurt Vonnegut

#16 October 3rd, 2006 03:02 AM

Belgareth

liani wrote:

Hi Belgareth, that's funny...women have alot more social leeway, I think.

I'm sure that women have a lot more social leeway but it's about flippin' time that they did, after centuries of being the underdogs in a bigoted, arrogant, male-dominated society.

I wrote my welcome before your folio was up, so I will offer my belated appreciation of it. I found it so relaxing and enticing at the same time (if that make any sense?). A wonderful folio with a beautiful subject - and the photographer isn't bad either ;-)

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#17 October 4th, 2006 06:08 AM

liani

Belgareth wrote:

I'm sure that women have a lot more social leeway but it's about flippin' time that they did, after centuries of being the underdogs in a bigoted, arrogant, male-dominated society.

Yes, yes.  It just seems that these days, men are under more pressure to conform to rigid gender roles than women...just a thought.

I wrote my welcome before your folio was up, so I will offer my belated appreciation of it. I found it so relaxing and enticing at the same time (if that make any sense?). A wonderful folio with a beautiful subject - and the photographer isn't bad either ;-)

Thanks so much for the kind words...I'm quite glad to have done ISM.

--Kurt Vonnegut

#18 October 6th, 2006 12:38 PM

MrPicMe

liani wrote:

hey everybody!
liani

I get to use the library computer from time to time which allows me to engage in playful banter. It's just part of my sentencing agreements.

1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » hello

Board footer