#1 September 16th, 2006 06:39 AM

alyce

What's on for the weekend?

Always interested how others fill their time... and any discussion is good!

Me?  Well, it's early saturday am and I am about to head off to uni placement.  I work there 7am until about 1:30pm.  Then my bf is coming out for his first riding lesson, after that I'll have a ride.  Look after my horses and get changed.  At 7pm head off to Quarter Horse Club presentation dinner.

Tomorrow I work at the icecream shop from 10:30-3pm.  After that I will go look after my horses and hopefully squeeze in a ride then do some homework in the evening.

#2 September 16th, 2006 08:40 AM

SCSIgirl

Re: What's on for the weekend?

alyce wrote:

Me?  Well, it's early saturday am and I am about to head off to uni placement.  I work there 7am until about 1:30pm.  Then my bf is coming out for his first riding lesson, after that I'll have a ride.  Look after my horses and get changed.  At 7pm head off to Quarter Horse Club presentation dinner.

Tomorrow I work at the icecream shop from 10:30-3pm.  After that I will go look after my horses and hopefully squeeze in a ride then do some homework in the evening.

Friday (today):  Up at 5:30am to work a rap show at the Pavilion.  Should get out around 2 or 3 am. 

Back at 8:00am Saturday for a day with the zany Englishman, Elton John.  Should get out around 2am.

Sunday morning I will be useless.  Maybe laundry or some other mindless chore. (My mind and body refuse to function after back-to-back rock shows.)  Maybe catch up on email and forums.  4:30pm Sunday, help take out an industrial show at the Convention Center.

Monday put in another industrial show.

Tuesday:  Cheetah Girls. (Disney!  Not the chain of strip clubs... darn it!)

Wed:  I'M OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll need ice cream.....  lots of it!

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#3 September 16th, 2006 09:09 AM

lollee

i get to wash my dog--and i found out from the vet last night, i get to wash him every saturday! hooray! and for the next two wednesdays! jealous???hahaha, other than that, i have laundry, and more laundry, housecleaning in general, sleeping, cos my sis my bf and i stayed up till 4am last night watching the entire last season of degrassi high, and then the degrassi movie--and then watch our cat crawl around the house mewing about her pregnancy! oh did i mention laundry???

[color="Red"]L[/color][color="Orange"]O[/color][color="Yellow"]L[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="Cyan"]E[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]E[/color]

#4 September 16th, 2006 09:33 AM

ainslee

This weekend is the Valley Fiesta! Hooray ( for you melbourne-ites, the brisbane's fortitude valley is sort of like fitzroy).  And they've closed off Brunswick street for a big street party with live bands and dancing and free public transport.  My best mate came over last night so today I'm gonna go with her!! and then there is a wierd poetry gig on at the Powerhouse in Newfarm which is free to get into so I'm gonna go there! um that's about it for tonight I think.  And tomorrow I am going to another poetry gig and read some of my stuff and then I'm going to soccer! Wow i have a pretty full on weekend this weekend when I think about it actually. ANd hopefully next week I'm going to get my nipple pierced! youch.  But only if I have enough money.  Fingers crossed. and next thrusday I have a physics exam dammit but after that I am on holidays for a week. So there ya go, my week in a nutshell.  Oh yeah and I'll do some firedancing some time this afternoon woo.

Make sure youre cat doesnt eat its babies!

#5 September 16th, 2006 10:16 AM

paintjam

alyce wrote:

i have to work part of it away....waahhhhhhhhhhhh!
teehe

but
on sunday
AHEM with one of my new girlfriends!   TEEHEE

luv
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#6 September 16th, 2006 12:54 PM

Stoneyyy

paintjam wrote:

i have to work part of it away....waahhhhhhhhhhhh!
teehe

but
on sunday
AHEM with one of my new girlfriends!   TEEHEE

luv
jamie

Looks like you will be working both days smile:):) TEEHEE

#7 September 16th, 2006 01:39 PM

SCSIgirl

ainslee wrote:

This weekend is the Valley Fiesta! Hooray ( for you melbourne-ites, the brisbane's fortitude valley is sort of like fitzroy).  And they've closed off Brunswick street for a big street party with live bands and dancing and free public transport.  My best mate came over last night so today I'm gonna go with her!! and then there is a wierd poetry gig on at the Powerhouse in Newfarm which is free to get into so I'm gonna go there! um that's about it for tonight I think.  And tomorrow I am going to another poetry gig and read some of my stuff and then I'm going to soccer! Wow i have a pretty full on weekend this weekend when I think about it actually. ANd hopefully next week I'm going to get my nipple pierced! youch.  But only if I have enough money.  Fingers crossed. and next thrusday I have a physics exam dammit but after that I am on holidays for a week. So there ya go, my week in a nutshell.  Oh yeah and I'll do some firedancing some time this afternoon woo.

Make sure youre cat doesnt eat its babies!

Soooooo...........  when you gonna read to us?  Ms Po8?

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#8 September 16th, 2006 07:21 PM

ainslee

haha do you know how long it took for me to realise what Po8 meant?? man i feel stupid now. hehe

#9 September 16th, 2006 11:46 PM

MrPicMe

It's been raining today, so I've been working on some photos:
RED.JPG

Hopefully it will clear up for some rollerblading tomorrow.

#10 September 17th, 2006 12:24 AM

paintjam

MrPicMe wrote:

It's been raining today, so I've been working on some photos:
RED.JPG

Hopefully it will clear up for some rollerblading tomorrow.

waahhhhhh
i havent been on roller blades since i MAJORLY sprained an ankle 3 years ago.
have been scared to go through that again.
waahhhhhhhh
i like roller blading too.
but my ankle was a big as my knee for 16 weeks and its never been the same since.
so
enjoy your rollerblading day (sniff)
waaahhhhh!
wink
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#11 September 17th, 2006 12:30 AM

paintjam

Stoneyyy wrote:

Looks like you will be working both days smile:):) TEEHEE

oh yes i love doing most of the work ....;)
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#12 September 17th, 2006 06:07 AM

PsychoEddie

ainslee wrote:

haha do you know how long it took for me to realise what Po8 meant?? man i feel stupid now. hehe

Do you know how long it took me to figure out what goon meant?

PS.  great folio.

#13 September 17th, 2006 01:01 PM

SCSIgirl

ainslee wrote:

That was the signature that Black Bart use when holding up stagecoaches North of San Francisco.  He'd steal the passenger's money,  read them some of his poetry, and leave his signature cart:  Black Bart, the po8.

#14 September 18th, 2006 12:41 PM

ainslee

well there you go, i learnt something today. thanks, that was quite an interesting snippet of info, oh and also sorry about the goon thing lol I forgot that was a stupid aussie word. for anyone else a little confused by 'goon' it's really cheap wine that comes in a box and is about $6 for 4 litres lol.

#15 September 18th, 2006 04:34 PM

PsychoEddie

What other silly Aussie expressions have you got?

#16 September 18th, 2006 07:14 PM

lollee

Make sure youre cat doesnt eat its babies![/QUOTE]

haha i hope she doesnt, i bet she'll have them while my boyfriend and i are at work!

[color="Red"]L[/color][color="Orange"]O[/color][color="Yellow"]L[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="Cyan"]E[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]E[/color]

#17 September 18th, 2006 11:07 PM

pia

mmmm the weekend ... usually the weekend for me is more like a work-end but this weekend I have taken off to spend time with my best friend who is visiting me from melbourne smile So I predict lazy days laying on the beach and lots of eating. On Saturday night we are going to the theatre to watch a dance performance and on Sunday I am hosting a tea party at my place .. which I am very excited about. There will be scones and cucumber sandwiches and little cupcakes and... ummm tea .. and we will play cards and board games I think. You know I have actually never hosted nor attended a tea party so if anyone has any sugestions on which things are essential for a succesful tea party I would be most happy to hear them smile

#18 September 19th, 2006 04:29 PM

SCSIgirl

SCSIgirl wrote:

Friday (today):  Up at 5:30am to work a rap show at the Pavilion.  Should get out around 2 or 3 am. 

Back at 8:00am Saturday for a day with the zany Englishman, Elton John.  Should get out around 2am.

Sunday morning I will be useless.  Maybe laundry or some other mindless chore. (My mind and body refuse to function after back-to-back rock shows.)  Maybe catch up on email and forums.  4:30pm Sunday, help take out an industrial show at the Convention Center.

Monday put in another industrial show.

Tuesday:  Cheetah Girls. (Disney!  Not the chain of strip clubs... darn it!)

Wed:  I'M OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll need ice cream.....  lots of it!

Elton was certainly one of the best shows of the year.  It was simple, yet spectacular.  The lighting trusses were lined with strip LEDs and all the fixtures were moving lights.  He opened with Funeral/Love lies Burning and the light show made it incredible.

He came in only 6 trucks  (as opposed to Madonna's 29 or Shakira's 14) but it was tight, a clean stage, and well presented.

#19 October 10th, 2006 10:55 PM

strawberry

Hey there all!!
How's everyone going? In reply to your question Ainslee, usually the weekends are my times for relaxing and catching up with everyone cos I work n am at uni all week (I'm nearly finished my course...only 3 weeks to go FOREVER!!!!!!!)   smile   Not long ago, had a grand final day party at my house which was pretty awesome, tho kinda messy too! Sooo glad WC won this year, hafta share it around! As a Cats supporter I totally understand, considering we haven't won a premiership in 43 years! Agh/... Soz about going off on a tangent....   So, did you end up getting your nipple pierced??? I used to have mine done but it got caught on my bra one night when I was taking it off, n yeah.... ouch!!!
Crikey, just the thought of goon reminds me of my first year at uni! That's ALL I drank!!! N it also served well as a pillow once I'd emptied it a bit!   smile

#20 October 11th, 2006 11:50 AM

ainslee

no i didn't get to get pierced! I ran out of money haha.  It's not cheap, jeeze.  What are you studying at uni?  good luck with exams, eeek mine are in 2 weeks!

cheers

#21 October 11th, 2006 05:45 PM

PsychoEddie

has anyone got an Aussie to Yank dictionary?  .....and is goon pronounced goon, or go-on; as in: go on bottoms up, it may be cheep but it won't kill you...much.

please. Igotstaknow.

#22 October 11th, 2006 05:56 PM

ainslee

nah its pronounced goon as in moon.  dunno why or how it got called that.  anyone?? hows that for a trivia question, why is goon called goon?

Board footer