#1 July 13th, 2006 01:25 AM

thelastclown

iTunes Personality Disorder

Ok, a wee bit of a diversion from all the nudity and beauty (I know....it's a hard life).

All iTunes users, click on Party Shuffle and let us know the top 10. No cheating now, just list the first ten as they come up....artistic integrity and taste generally goes out the window!

Mine....

1. Sia - The Bully
2. Skinny - Sweet Thing
3. Gomez - Hangover
4. Thievery Corporation- Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes
5. Saint Etienne - Spring
6. Kathryn Williams - Tell The Truth As If It Were Lies
7. Moloko - The Time Is Now
8. Fiona Apple - Shadowboxer
9. The Cure - A Forest (Live)
10. Garbage - Milk (The Classic Mix by Massive Attack)

#2 July 13th, 2006 04:55 AM

jackscratch

Re: iTunes Personality Disorder

Cool idea, tlc...I was just about to post something not so different. Absolute raw uncut, unedited strange Party Shuffle (how does Mr Itunes come up with this listing?):

1. Mama - Hugh Masekala Remix
2. Anger - Joules Graves
3. Indian Sunet - Elton John
4. Three Aces on the Bottom of the Deal - Sonny Terry, Brownie McGee and Lightning Hopkins
5. Svefn-G-Englar - Sigur Ros
6. Boogie with Stu - Led Zeppelin
7. Black Coffee in Bed - Squeeze
8. Fools - V
9. Speaking of Tongues - Michael Franti and Spearhead
10. Pin Your Wings - Copeland

Man, that is one strange set list. Just glad none of the Britany Spears showed up...now THAT would be embarassing ;-) Next on the list: Rae and Christian, Sun Kil Moon, Brandenberg Concertos, James Brown, M.I.A. and Captain Beefheart...how does Mr. Itunes choose these songs - I once actually played the Party Shuffle at a party - clearly it didn't work out so well - norwegian death metal and crooner rat pack music in the same set is a strange cocktail indeed...

#3 July 13th, 2006 03:44 PM

catt

jackscratch wrote:

Cool idea, tlc...I was just about to post something not so different. Absolute raw uncut, unedited strange Party Shuffle (how does Mr Itunes come up with this listing?):

1. Mama - Hugh Masekala Remix
2. Anger - Joules Graves
3. Indian Sunet - Elton John
4. Three Aces on the Bottom of the Deal - Sonny Terry, Brownie McGee and Lightning Hopkins
5. Svefn-G-Englar - Sigur Ros
6. Boogie with Stu - Led Zeppelin
7. Black Coffee in Bed - Squeeze
8. Fools - V
9. Speaking of Tongues - Michael Franti and Spearhead
10. Pin Your Wings - Copeland

Man, that is one strange set list. Just glad none of the Britany Spears showed up...now THAT would be embarassing ;-) Next on the list: Rae and Christian, Sun Kil Moon, Brandenberg Concertos, James Brown, M.I.A. and Captain Beefheart...how does Mr. Itunes choose these songs - I once actually played the Party Shuffle at a party - clearly it didn't work out so well - norwegian death metal and crooner rat pack music in the same set is a strange cocktail indeed...

Oo, I like your #5.  Such an incredible band, especially live.  I'll have to do this meme at home when I have the iTunes running...but no doubt I'll be mortally embarrassed and have to leave the room.

xxCattxx

the beauty of simplicity is the complexity it attracts.

#4 July 13th, 2006 08:47 PM

paintjam

1 - wooly muffler - harvey danger
2 - we like the cars that go boom - letigre
3 - protege moi - placebo
4 - things that scare me - neko case
5 - never let me down again - depeche mode
6 - you oughta know - alanis morisette
7 - obstacle 2 - interpol
8 - ironic - alanis morisette
9 - stinging velvet - neko case
10 - je m'appelle jane - jane birkin/mickey 3d

i do think this is a way to find out about some good new music.c

'stay beautiful'

#5 July 14th, 2006 05:54 PM

kitty_kat

This is a great idea for a thread!
Here's mine:

1. Nightwish - Audio Track 11 (Don't know why there's no title on that one..)
2. All American Rejects - My Paper Heart
3. Cold - It's All Good
4. Cold - Just Got Wicked
5. Funeral For A Friend - Dead By Dawn
6. DoubleDrive - Big Shove
7. Disturbed - Numb
8. Lacuna Coil - A Ghost Between Us
9. Sevendust - Broken Down
10. Jimmy Eat World - The World You Love

#6 July 14th, 2006 08:22 PM

paintjam

kitty_kat wrote:

This is a great idea for a thread!
Here's mine:

1. Nightwish - Audio Track 11 (Don't know why there's no title on that one..)
2. All American Rejects - My Paper Heart
3. Cold - It's All Good
4. Cold - Just Got Wicked
5. Funeral For A Friend - Dead By Dawn
6. DoubleDrive - Big Shove
7. Disturbed - Numb
8. Lacuna Coil - A Ghost Between Us
9. Sevendust - Broken Down
10. Jimmy Eat World - The World You Love

great tunes...i could live with these..;)

'stay beautiful'

#7 July 18th, 2006 08:15 AM

jackscratch

catt wrote:

Oo, I like your #5.  Such an incredible band, especially live.  I'll have to do this meme at home when I have the iTunes running...but no doubt I'll be mortally embarrassed and have to leave the room.

xxCattxx

Wow, that must have been a great live show... they don't make it this way much. PS Still awaiting yer Party Shuffle, girlie, mortal embarassment or otherwise. PPS Paintjam Jamie and Kittie Kat, fun music.

#8 July 18th, 2006 02:09 PM

THANDI

Great idea for a thread.

I'm also not with my music, but before I get home to it, wanted to say --

Paintjam -- your #10 with Jane Birkin is so timely to see -- it reminded me that I keep meaning to post in the "celebrities you'd like to see do an ism" thread Jane Birkin's daughter Charlotte Gainsbourg, who certainly has the very best photos of herself of any actor's website, don't y'all agree?  (If these are the photogs she chose, just think what she might turn in on her own!) --- >   http://www.charlottegainsbourg.net/

I'd also love to see her do a confession/lucubration, as well as an IFM submission. Such a sexy woman. Totally gives the lie to the idea (along with a couple of wonderful ladies here) that Brit. women are not hot. She is totally hot. . . .

(thread diversion) OMG!!!! I just remembered something!! Charlotte Gainsbourg HAD an orgasm ON SCREEN when she was like 17 in the movie The Cement Garden. Anyone seen??? (ok, back to music now. sorry. so sorry, really . . . . )

#9 July 18th, 2006 04:32 PM

nikkibrand

1. Stone Grey Soil ~Download
2. I Can't Understand ~ Los Lobos
3. I'm Left, You're Right, Shes Gone ~Elvis Presley
4. N.W.O. ~Ministry
5. Drug Train ~The Cramps
6. Third Eye ~Inbred Bipeds
7. Jawbone George ~Listing Ship
8. Doggie Style ~Psychopomps
9. Vibrator ~Motorhead
10. The Crablouse ~Lords Of Acid

I swear I didn't cheat, I just managed to get Doggie Style, Vibrator and The Crablouse by sheer coincidence!

#10 July 18th, 2006 08:51 PM

paintjam

THANDI wrote:

Great idea for a thread.

I'm also not with my music, but before I get home to it, wanted to say --

Paintjam -- your #10 with Jane Birkin is so timely to see -- it reminded me that I keep meaning to post in the "celebrities you'd like to see do an ism" thread Jane Birkin's daughter Charlotte Gainsbourg, who certainly has the very best photos of herself of any actor's website, don't y'all agree?  (If these are the photogs she chose, just think what she might turn in on her own!) --- >   http://www.charlottegainsbourg.net/

I'd also love to see her do a confession/lucubration, as well as an IFM submission. Such a sexy woman. Totally gives the lie to the idea (along with a couple of wonderful ladies here) that Brit. women are not hot. She is totally hot. . . .

(thread diversion) OMG!!!! I just remembered something!! Charlotte Gainsbourg HAD an orgasm ON SCREEN when she was like 17 in the movie The Cement Garden. Anyone seen??? (ok, back to music now. sorry. so sorry, really . . . . )

haaaaaa
i felt i would be giving away my age when i saw the jane birkin tune and simply did not care.
she still looks fabulous (and is actually 5 or 6 years older than i).
recently i caught a movie on ism (or sundance) films titled 'jane birkin, the mother of all babes'.
it was a fab film and i learned so much about her i was unaware of.

her daughter is indeed gorgeous and like her mother, exudes an intense feminine sexuality and deepness that is hard to resist.

her music is not that bad either teehee

luv
jamie

'stay beautiful'

Board footer