1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » New Girl!

#1 July 8th, 2006 06:53 PM

nikkibrand

New Girl!

Hi, I'm Nikki Brand, my first folio went up tonight!  I must say I'm very excited to see it! 
Some of you have already made comments.  Thank you so much for that!  It truly makes a girl feel at home!

#2 July 8th, 2006 07:11 PM

perl

Re: New Girl!

Hey there smile
Nice to see you here. I already commented but must say again that you are gorgeous. I was sitting here redoing my regrowth in black and then saw your photos and thought "I should've stayed red". Still, you suit it better than me smile

Also I am very taken with the red line work around the skull/key(?) tat on your side. It's so amazing and vivid but is one of those things I've always been lead to believe won't stay that way - I would love to be proved wrong. If you don't mind, how long have you had that piece and has it changed in that time?

#3 July 8th, 2006 07:14 PM

nikkibrand

perl wrote:

Hey there smile
Nice to see you here. I already commented but must say again that you are gorgeous. I was sitting here redoing my regrowth in black and then saw your photos and thought "I should've stayed red". Still, you suit it better than me smile

Also I am very taken with the red line work around the skull/key(?) tat on your side. It's so amazing and vivid but is one of those things I've always been lead to believe won't stay that way - I would love to be proved wrong. If you don't mind, how long have you had that piece and has it changed in that time?

I believe the tattoo in question is about 6 years old.  It eventually will get softer with time, but so will I. 
Its funny you say that about the hair,  Mine is darker now, Hehe!!

#4 July 8th, 2006 07:32 PM

perl

Hmm...seems pretty worthwhile to me if it's still looking that incredibly sharp after six years and you're right about the getting softer yourself thing - I can't understand people trying to use the "but it won't look good when you're old" reasoning for their dislike of tattoos.

So what colour's your hair now?
I have to admit that I'm a Tori fan (though less so for the past couple of albums) and your hair/eye/skin colour combination in this folio put me very much in mind of her back in the day.

#5 July 8th, 2006 07:56 PM

paintjam

nikkibrand wrote:

Hi, I'm Nikki Brand, my first folio went up tonight!  I must say I'm very excited to see it! 
Some of you have already made comments.  Thank you so much for that!  It truly makes a girl feel at home!

welcome nikki
an amazing folio.

tell me about your tats (if it is not personal)
did the same person do them all?

jamie

'stay beautiful'

#6 July 8th, 2006 07:59 PM

paintjam

perl wrote:

Hmm...seems pretty worthwhile to me if it's still looking that incredibly sharp after six years and you're right about the getting softer yourself thing - I can't understand people trying to use the "but it won't look good when you're old" reasoning for their dislike of tattoos.

I have to admit that I'm a Tori fan (though less so for the past couple of albums) and your hair/eye/skin colour combination in this folio put me very much in mind of her back in the day.

haaaaaa
i cant remember how many times i have hear 'but it wont look good when you're old' or 'you'll wish you did not have them when you are older' or 'when your body starts sagging wait til you see what that one looks like'.

one of the worst things for a tat is sun i am told...it will fade them all and coloured ones quicker.

smooches
luv
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#7 July 8th, 2006 09:23 PM

alisha_x

Welcome nikkibrand! I was saying not so long ago we needed more tattooed hotties here! smile

Yeah Jamie sun is a killer but thats why they invented sunblock! lol

I hate the 'you will look bad when your old' crap - im not gonna make all my decisions based on what it will do in many eyars time - when those people say it remind them what their nights out drinking/drugs/sunbathing/not sleeping enough will do to them when they are older! the result will be far worse than having artwork on them like us lol!

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

http://www.alishax.com

#8 July 9th, 2006 11:15 AM

katt

perl wrote:

- I can't understand people trying to use the "but it won't look good when you're old" reasoning for their dislike of tattoos.

Welcolm, welcolm love your tatts! your folio is beautiful.

i have to say i work in aged care and a lot of the men have tatts, yes there a bit saggy but there still art and when you look closely at them they dont look bad. havent seen a woman with one yet!

mwaz katt

#9 July 9th, 2006 03:07 PM

nikkibrand

paintjam wrote:

welcome nikki
an amazing folio.

tell me about your tats (if it is not personal)
did the same person do them all?

jamie

Thanks!
No, I've been tattooed by about 30 different people over the years.  A select few did a lot of the major stuff, though.

#10 July 9th, 2006 05:14 PM

nikkibrand

perl wrote:

My hair is a dark violet color.  I've gotten the Tori thing before.  Our features are not very similar, I think its mostly the hair/skin thing.

#11 July 9th, 2006 08:59 PM

paintjam

nikkibrand wrote:

Thanks!
No, I've been tattooed by about 30 different people over the years.  A select few did a lot of the major stuff, though.

same here.
i only have 6 tattoos but i soon am going to get some new 'ones' dancing around the others.

hugz
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#12 July 11th, 2006 06:24 PM

alisha_x

you going to try to join some of them up into one larger tattoo?

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

#13 July 11th, 2006 07:50 PM

paintjam

alisha_x wrote:

you going to try to join some of them up into one larger tattoo?

nope   wink
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#14 July 12th, 2006 01:41 AM

alisha_x

and the prize for shortest ever answer goes to... tongue

What's your plan for them? I keep wanting mroe but I dont know how to get more and have them all 'work' together as I designed both mine years ago a fwe weeks apart and my tattooist has left the country :s

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

#15 July 12th, 2006 04:06 AM

paintjam

alisha_x wrote:

and the prize for shortest ever answer goes to... tongue

What's your plan for them? I keep wanting mroe but I dont know how to get more and have them all 'work' together as I designed both mine years ago a fwe weeks apart and my tattooist has left the country :s

well mine are all seperated and i was thinking of having the same (secret???) design just around the existing ones.

why do we always love to keep our tattoos a surprise??? teehee

smooches
luv
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#16 July 15th, 2006 08:22 AM

zille

Hey hot stuff!  Welcome to the forums!

Everyone, Nikki is one of my favorite people in the world!  You are all quite lucky to have her here!

She's going to do my next tattoo!

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#17 July 18th, 2006 04:19 PM

nikkibrand

zille wrote:

Hey hot stuff!  Welcome to the forums!

Everyone, Nikki is one of my favorite people in the world!  You are all quite lucky to have her here!

She's going to do my next tattoo!

Thanks, Zille
I hope you're having a great time in England! 
Hopefully we'll see eachother soon!

#18 July 19th, 2006 07:12 PM

zille

nikkibrand wrote:

Hopefully we'll see eachother soon!

August, I hope!  Maybe we can do an ISM set together!  I know a nice cememtary we could pose in!

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#19 July 20th, 2006 04:12 AM

nikkibrand

zille wrote:

August, I hope!  Maybe we can do an ISM set together!  I know a nice cememtary we could pose in!

That sounds like a huge amount of fun!

#20 July 20th, 2006 06:03 AM

alisha_x

I dont think I have seen a cemetary yet on ISM - very gothic erotica - go for it! smile

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » New Girl!

Board footer