#1 July 6th, 2006 05:52 AM

girlfrommars

Let me introduce myself...

Hi everyone :-)

My first shoot went up on the website on the second of July (I did the pop art, trippy psychadelia-type shoot). It's already been relegated to the archives, but it was a lot of fun being in the limelight for a few days!  I've been eavesdropping on your posts since my folio went up and you seem like a very interesting, insightful bunch of people! Thank you so much to those of you who commented on my folio - I've been walking round in a slight state of incredulity at the whole thing. Still can't quite believe that's me in those pictures, on view to all these people. Every time I think about it, I have to smile!

If anyone wants to take a look I'm at:

[URL="http://www.ishotmyself.com/public/view_artist.php?artid=f1740&folio=prismatic"]

I'd love to hear what you think. I also shot a slightly more conventional folio, which hopefully should be up at some point.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to sharing some forum space with you guys ;-)
And if you have any questions feel free to ask!

girlfrommars

#2 July 6th, 2006 06:24 AM

paintjam

Re: Let me introduce myself...

greetings girfrommars

i have always been fond of mars as it is my ruling planet.

colourful and beautiful is what your shoot is.   would love to see you come back many times.

what part of the u.k. are you from?

it is always nice when a new artist arrives.

smooches
luv
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#3 July 6th, 2006 12:01 PM

blissed

Hi girlfrommars
That's a really nice folio. You've got a nice characterful  face and pretty eyes.
It's quite funny, Alesha would love to get hold of a digital projector smile  she did a really good folio with an analogue acitate projector but with a digital projector you get so many more options.
I like the purply wispy patterns that fall across your curves Oooooooh! smile The ishotmyself logo was a good idea too. I think you had some fun doing this. I think it's probably weird having pictures of you naked on the net, but it's an appreciative community and your folios really good. You have to be proud of it smile

#4 July 6th, 2006 10:30 PM

alisha_x

Yeah Id have killed for a digital projector - I couldnt get colours anywhere near that vibrant with mine :'(

Great folio hun - we look forward to your reload!

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

http://www.alishax.com

#5 July 7th, 2006 06:57 AM

girlfrommars

I'm from Wales. I've been living in Cardiff ever since I finished uni, but last year I managed to escape on a one and a half year 3-continent expedition! I did my ISM shoots in the Australian part of my adventure, after answering a 'nude models wanted' ad. At first I was just curious and thought it might be an interesting (!) way to make some money so that I could see the Great Wall of China, but when I found out more about it I realised that ISM was a pretty cool idea! Now I think I'm probably hooked :-)

My boyfriend and I came up with the projector idea back in February, and were looking into hiring one, but one day our landlord in Sydney produced one to watch a Madonna concert on the side of our house, much to the amusement of the passersby. We borrowed the projector to, ahem, look at some holiday snaps!

I'd really be interested to see your projector shoot Alisha, but I don't have high enough access :-( Do you have any anywhere else?

#6 July 7th, 2006 11:08 AM

paintjam

girlfrommars wrote:

I'm from Wales. I've been living in Cardiff ever since I finished uni, but last year I managed to escape on a one and a half year 3-continent expedition! I did my ISM shoots in the Australian part of my adventure, after answering a 'nude models wanted' ad. At first I was just curious and thought it might be an interesting (!) way to make some money so that I could see the Great Wall of China, but when I found out more about it I realised that ISM was a pretty cool idea! Now I think I'm probably hooked :-)

My boyfriend and I came up with the projector idea back in February, and were looking into hiring one, but one day our landlord in Sydney produced one to watch a Madonna concert on the side of our house, much to the amusement of the passersby. We borrowed the projector to, ahem, look at some holiday snaps!

I'd really be interested to see your projector shoot Alisha, but I don't have high enough access :-( Do you have any anywhere else?

here it is
http://ishotmyself.com/public/view_gall … g=mythical
hugz
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#7 July 7th, 2006 07:26 PM

girlfrommars

Thank you jamie :-) But I only have standard access so I can only view primary folios. Is the access upgraded if you do a reload?
xx

#8 July 7th, 2006 08:09 PM

alisha_x

Im not sure if my access was upgraded when I submitted my second folio - If you wander into my projector pictures thread in the forum there are some in there somewhere - I projected Tyger Tyger poetry, flowers, a barcode, Japanese edo period art and manga girls onto myself - it took em ages to get any projector and all i could get was a college cheap one - it made a nice dark moody set but I woudl have loved the oppertunity to do some with bright colours like you did smile

ISM is great - i found it by accident and realised it would be a great place to combine my two loves - art and modeling (im a design student and a part time amature model) - i hope you get to do a reload and stay in the ISM community - everyone is really nice here smile

Again - great folio!

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

http://www.alishax.com

#9 July 7th, 2006 08:49 PM

paintjam

girlfrommars wrote:

Thank you jamie :-) But I only have standard access so I can only view primary folios. Is the access upgraded if you do a reload?
xx

i am not sure.
i am beginning to think i got lucky with extra folios of which i am one.

perhaps they would change your logins to see these if you asked?

jamie

'stay beautiful'

Board footer