#1 June 23rd, 2006 02:00 PM

katt

once again a stupid question from me

once again im going to ask a stupid question, please all feel free to laugh at me, lol,
ok so ive noticed that a lot of forum users have pics next to ther names how do i do this? and can i use a pic from my folio?????

mwaz katt

#2 June 23rd, 2006 05:12 PM

LeoBloom

Re: once again a stupid question from me

Wonderful to see someone even more techy-illiterate than me. You go on to your User CP and use the option 'Edit avatar'. All very simple.

#3 June 24th, 2006 02:11 PM

katt

LeoBloom wrote:

Wonderful to see someone even more techy-illiterate than me. You go on to your User CP and use the option 'Edit avatar'. All very simple.

thanx, yep im very bad on the computer but im learning very slowly lol i hope its ok to use a pic from my folio if not please let me know ans i'll remove it

mwaz katt

#4 June 24th, 2006 04:40 PM

SCSIgirl

katt wrote:

thanx, yep im very bad on the computer but im learning very slowly lol i hope its ok to use a pic from my folio if not please let me know ans i'll remove it

mwaz katt

Yo move it, I slappa you hand!!!!

Actually,  I think you should change it with your mood like Jamie does.  Not necessarily folio pics,  but fresh new twists of fate.  Come, bathe us in your glory.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#5 June 24th, 2006 04:43 PM

SCSIgirl

katt wrote:

once again im going to ask a stupid question, please all feel free to laugh at me, lol,
ok so ive noticed that a lot of forum users have pics next to ther names how do i do this? and can i use a pic from my folio?????

mwaz katt

Did I mention that I just LOVE katts (Kittys, Catts, Kitty Kats, etc)?  A dog's gotta get tongue aerobics somehow!

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#6 June 24th, 2006 04:54 PM

katt

SCSIgirl wrote:

Yo move it, I slappa you hand!!!!

Actually,  I think you should change it with your mood like Jamie does.  Not necessarily folio pics,  but fresh new twists of fate.  Come, bathe us in your glory.

see what i can do, as i say im not so good with computers, but ill give it a go!

#7 June 24th, 2006 09:41 PM

alisha_x

Its easy - just make sure the pic is the right dimentions and file size or it wont work well smile

If you arent sure host the pic you want in the forum here and I will make u an avatar in photoshop and post it back smile

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

http://www.alishax.com

#8 June 24th, 2006 09:42 PM

blissed

Where it says "welcome Katt" at the top right hand corner of the forum, click on "Private messages" that gets you into whatever it's called, and look on the left hand site where it says 'CONTROL PANEL' under that is a menu and one of the options says "edit avatar' click on that. You'll then get the edit avatar page. where theres a button near the bottom which says "Choose file" that activates a pulldown menu showing what you have on your computer. You click on the file that is your avatar (it must be 80 x 80 pixels) and then click the button at the bottom of the page that says "save changes" and that does it smile

If you can't resize a pic that small just post it and if you want me too I'll do it for you.

#9 June 24th, 2006 09:50 PM

alisha_x

Hey! I just offered to do that Blissed! We having a competition for the lovely kitty now? hehe!

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

#10 June 24th, 2006 09:53 PM

blissed

alisha_x wrote:

If you arent sure host the pic you want in the forum here and I will make u an avatar in photoshop and post it back smile

Oh yeah, I should have read the thread. well in a competition between Photoshop and Fireworks I think Photoshop wins smile

#11 June 24th, 2006 10:30 PM

katt

alisha_x wrote:

Hey! I just offered to do that Blissed! We having a competition for the lovely kitty now? hehe!

WOW settle down peoples... hahahaha
thanx 4 all your help guys!

mwaz katt

#12 June 25th, 2006 01:10 AM

Belgareth

blissed wrote:

Oh yeah, I should have read the thread. well in a competition between Photoshop and Fireworks I think Photoshop wins smile

All this expensive software flying about and I manage quite well with GIMP ... it's like me .... it costs nothing but it's worth a fortune ;-)

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#13 June 25th, 2006 04:23 AM

blissed

I've never heard of GIMP. and it's free. They do it for macs, so I think I'll try it out. Thanks B.
Katt you could downloasd it as well, I find it's just figuring out how to use it that takes time.

http://www.gimp.org/

#14 June 25th, 2006 09:29 AM

katt

blissed wrote:

I've never heard of GIMP. and it's free. They do it for macs, so I think I'll try it out. Thanks B.
Katt you could downloasd it as well, I find it's just figuring out how to use it that takes time.

i hade a look at the site but were do you downlod it?

#15 June 25th, 2006 10:22 AM

perl

Belgareth wrote:

All this expensive software flying about and I manage quite well with GIMP ... it's like me .... it costs nothing but it's worth a fortune ;-)

So you also have a terrible user interface? tongue

#16 June 25th, 2006 11:34 AM

blissed

katt wrote:

i hade a look at the site but were do you downlod it?

Heres a link. When you get to the page there are 3 types of GIMP available. Choose the one you want and click on "Select download mirror" that will take you to a page where you select the nearest server to you to download from. I'm assuming you have a Windows PC.

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

I'd go for the first version from this page

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gimp … p?download

#17 June 25th, 2006 12:02 PM

katt

so how was my attempt???

mwaz katt

#18 June 25th, 2006 12:44 PM

blissed

Ooh! yeah thats good.  We need a bit of blue round here.

#19 June 25th, 2006 01:01 PM

katt

blissed wrote:

Ooh! yeah thats good.  We need a bit of blue round here.

well blue is my fav colour

myaz katt

#20 June 25th, 2006 01:36 PM

blissed

Actually blue was mine for a long time, but I'm going through my green period now.
All my clothes are turning green. you've got green eyes in your folio, I think thats nice. I'm looking at your folio now. You've got really nice hair too. Ha ha I obviously didn't put enough comments on your folio did I smile I think it's lovely anyway. If you want to you should definitely do another one. I haven't seen a winter one in a warm room in front of a log burning fire. I'm getting carried away now smile

#21 June 25th, 2006 01:47 PM

katt

blissed wrote:

Actually blue was mine for a long time, but I'm going through my green period now.
All my clothes are turning green. you've got green eyes in your folio, I think thats nice. I'm looking at your folio now. You've got really nice hair too. Ha ha I obviously didn't put enough comments on your folio did I smile I think it's lovely anyway. If you want to you should definitely do another one. I haven't seen a winter one in a warm room in front of a log burning fire. I'm getting carried away now smile

thank you so much. i have asked about another shoot and ive got some good ideas to coz were moveing into a new house on friday and its got an old style bath with feet on it! im thinking bubbles lol its also got an open fire in the bedroom... oooooh so lots of ideas but they dont seem to hot on the idea of me doing another shoot. dont no why? im dieing to do another!!!!!

#22 June 26th, 2006 02:33 AM

alisha_x

Bubbles are always good! I vote for that!

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

#23 June 26th, 2006 04:59 AM

Belgareth

blissed wrote:

So how did you get on with GIMP? It's different from the other packages but it's got so many plugins that there isn't much it won't do - when you get used to it.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#24 June 26th, 2006 11:11 AM

blissed

I haven't downloaded yet,     I'm not really doing graphics at the moment, but when I am I might try it out.

#25 June 26th, 2006 11:14 AM

blissed

katt wrote:

thank you so much. i have asked about another shoot and ive got some good ideas to coz were moveing into a new house on friday and its got an old style bath with feet on it! im thinking bubbles lol its also got an open fire in the bedroom... oooooh so lots of ideas but they dont seem to hot on the idea of me doing another shoot. dont no why? im dieing to do another!!!!!

Just ring or email Richard and tell him I want you to do one. He has a great deal of respect for me and my opinion smile So if you mention me, that should clinch it wink You could go for the bath surrounded by candles and the open fire with the theme being flamelight or firelight and  water or something. Lowlight pics are great but they can be a bit blurry. the rules say that you must have one hand on the camera but doesn't say the camera can't be attached to an adjustable  tripod. Then lowlight photo's would be pin sharp.

Board footer