#1 June 16th, 2006 03:45 AM

SCSIgirl

It's Summer

Offically in a few more days,  but it's happening here.  It's pushing 100d,  women are running around without clothes,  the meter maid's topless,  decadence is run amok,  and I just found a great new food.   Not as good as the original, though.....

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#2 June 16th, 2006 05:56 AM

mlwade

Re: It's Summer

?????????

#3 June 16th, 2006 01:51 PM

paintjam

SCSIgirl wrote:

Offically in a few more days,  but it's happening here.  It's pushing 100d,  women are running around without clothes,  the meter maid's topless,  decadence is run amok,  and I just found a great new food.   Not as good as the original, though.....

oh i know.
well into the 90's here this weekend again.
imagine i will be doing lots of this to keep cool wink
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#4 June 17th, 2006 08:14 PM

alisha_x

Yay summer! and despite all odds its summer in england too! - i have tanlines - i get to wander about in a bikini a lot and pretend Im abroad haha.

The sun turned up here last weekend when I was at the Isle of Wight festival (which was great timing!) so I got to see Foo fighters, prodigy, goldfrapp, placebo, the kooks, dirty pretty things, primal scream and loads more outside in the sun - pictures attached! Proof sun exitis in the UK!

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

http://www.alishax.com

#5 June 17th, 2006 08:51 PM

paintjam

alisha_x wrote:

Yay summer! and despite all odds its summer in england too! - i have tanlines - i get to wander about in a bikini a lot and pretend Im abroad haha.

The sun turned up here last weekend when I was at the Isle of Wight festival (which was great timing!) so I got to see Foo fighters, prodigy, goldfrapp, placebo, the kooks, dirty pretty things, primal scream and loads more outside in the sun - pictures attached! Proof sun exitis in the UK!

oh you lucky girl...you got to see so many of my favourite bands...especially placebo.
they do not come to the usa often enough.

happy darker tan lines to you.....;)

luv
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#6 June 17th, 2006 09:38 PM

perl

While I'm here huddling by the heater I'd just like to express my jealousy of all you Northern hemisphere folks.

#7 June 18th, 2006 12:46 AM

SCSIgirl

alisha_x wrote:

I hope you were topless, at least.  The sun needs SOME competition, ya know!!

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#8 June 18th, 2006 12:48 AM

SCSIgirl

perl wrote:

While I'm here huddling by the heater I'd just like to express my jealousy of all you Northern hemisphere folks.

I have no pity for you.You have sooooooo many HOT ladies down there to huddle with through the winter.

#9 June 18th, 2006 08:36 PM

perl

SCSIgirl wrote:

I have no pity for you.You have sooooooo many HOT ladies down there to huddle with through the winter.

Well none of them are huddling with me sad

#10 June 19th, 2006 11:02 PM

alisha_x

Hi ya,

the bands were great yeah - I wasnt topless but my bikini was so small it didnt really count haha.

Hey paintjam, placebo were kewl - ive seen them plenty of times now as they play around here a lot smile - i just always look up and wish he grew his hair back again he was perfect in the pure morning video *swoons*

Foo fighters were the best performers I think and the lasers they had were awsome - they spread far acorss the sky making patterns on what clouds we had - it was magic.

perl I really think u need to find these hot girls SCSIgirl is talking about - or if u would prefer to keep the heater send them my way sun or no sun I wouldnt mind some warming up! tongue lol.

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

#11 June 20th, 2006 10:25 AM

paintjam

alisha_x wrote:

Hi ya,

the bands were great yeah - I wasnt topless but my bikini was so small it didnt really count haha.

Hey paintjam, placebo were kewl - ive seen them plenty of times now as they play around here a lot smile - i just always look up and wish he grew his hair back again he was perfect in the pure morning video *swoons*

Foo fighters were the best performers I think and the lasers they had were awsome - they spread far acorss the sky making patterns on what clouds we had - it was magic.

perl I really think u need to find these hot girls SCSIgirl is talking about - or if u would prefer to keep the heater send them my way sun or no sun I wouldnt mind some warming up! tongue lol.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh now i am sooo jealous teehee
i love placebo...their music does make me swoom and yes i wish he would grow his hair back.   it goes better with the sishedo mac and maybelline....;)

luv
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#12 June 21st, 2006 06:56 AM

alisha_x

Yeah totally - maybe we should start a petition? lol.

I also loved the pyramid of beer cups (see post earlier with pics) that was huge by the end of the festival lol.

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

#13 June 22nd, 2006 06:00 PM

alyce

It's cold and raining today in Melbourne sad

#14 June 22nd, 2006 07:43 PM

paintjam

alyce wrote:

it is rainy here in chicago today too...but hot and humid.
and its my day off.
no beach today.

jamie

'stay beautiful'

#15 June 22nd, 2006 07:48 PM

perl

alyce wrote:

Ditto here in Wellies. Actually half the roads in this country are closed because of snow. You'd think we'd be more prepared since it does kinda snow every winter.
I knitted myself a pair of legwarmers this week in an effort to keep out the cold.

#16 June 23rd, 2006 03:47 AM

paintjam

perl wrote:

Ditto here in Wellies. Actually half the roads in this country are closed because of snow. You'd think we'd be more prepared since it does kinda snow every winter.
I knitted myself a pair of legwarmers this week in an effort to keep out the cold.

i am sorry you guys are so brrrrrrrrr!

jamie

'stay beautiful'

#17 June 23rd, 2006 06:04 AM

blissed

perl wrote:

Snow? I never think of snow in Oz. In winter I found wearing a scarf makes a big difference,  I  wear it indoors when it's really  freezing.

Paintjam, you've got another good avatar there. Your gonna have to start selling them smile

#18 June 23rd, 2006 06:40 AM

perl

blissed wrote:

Snow? I never think of snow in Oz. In winter I found wearing a scarf makes a big difference,  I  wear it indoors when it's really  freezing.

Well, actually I'm in NZ, hence being that much colder.
Agreeing with you about the scarves - I have a selection for this time of year.

#19 June 23rd, 2006 06:49 AM

blissed

Actually on my myspace page I've just added this guy

fatherdougal5hn.jpg

I don't know if it really is him who runs it but I've confessed all my sins,  been absolved and I'm now guilt free.
Actually should I update my avatar? smile

#20 June 23rd, 2006 07:55 PM

perl

Dougal is too cool.
We were watching Father Ted the other night and I came up with a list of things that I want on t-shirts. Unfortunately I only got so far with t-shirt artwork and all I came up with was this:

lovely_horse_sml.png

#21 June 23rd, 2006 09:34 PM

alyce

perl wrote:

Any pics?

#22 June 23rd, 2006 10:57 PM

blissed

Actually Perl dougal is a bit close to the truth for me as I'm probably only slightly more employable than he is smile
I like the T-shirt design, I found a music page with My lovely horse and the other one's good too DFAG Drink Feck Arse Girls.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … D=41280368

#23 June 24th, 2006 05:12 PM

perl

blissed wrote:

Actually Perl dougal is a bit close to the truth for me as I'm probably only slightly more employable than he is smile

So are you a priest or a milkman?

#24 June 24th, 2006 08:54 PM

blissed

I am slightly more compis metis than dougal, but I'm a bit of a daydreamer, so I have my head in the clouds distracted by thoughts I find interesting, while he's thinking about top of the pops and rollerskates, but the end result is the same. I have much the same competence level and can't really be trusted with anything where you have to make life or death decisions, like driving, in fact an 8 mph milk float is probably my ideal transport smile Actually, if the milkman in father Ted is a fairly accurate outline of what a milkman does, then I might give it a go smile

#25 June 25th, 2006 01:06 AM

Belgareth

blissed wrote:

I am slightly more compis metis than dougal, but I'm a bit of a daydreamer, so I have my head in the clouds distracted by thoughts I find interesting, while he's thinking about top of the pops and rollerskates, but the end result is the same. I have much the same competence level and can't really be trusted with anything where you have to make life or death decisions, like driving, in fact an 8 mph milk float is probably my ideal transport smile Actually, if the milkman in father Ted is a fairly accurate outline of what a milkman does, then I might give it a go smile

If you struggle to point things in the right direction at more than twice walking speed, how on earth do you cope with ......... being a milkman :-D

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

Board footer