#1 June 11th, 2006 07:36 AM

paintjam

the eArly folios

you know, in some ways i find the early folios from when this site began, some of the most creative and fun to view.
dunno why?!?

jamie

'stay beautiful'

#2 June 11th, 2006 12:00 PM

Head
Administrator

Re: the eArly folios

paintjam wrote:

you know, in some ways i find the early folios from when this site began, some of the most creative and fun to view.
dunno why?!?

jamie

Which ones in particular?

I tend to agree.  I wonder whether it's because a lot of them were submitted before the site was up, so they hadn't seen each other's folios and had no preconceptions.

#3 June 11th, 2006 09:50 PM

paintjam

Head wrote:

Which ones in particular?

I tend to agree.  I wonder whether it's because a lot of them were submitted before the site was up, so they hadn't seen each other's folios and had no preconceptions.

you know i believe that may be the reason.
this one really got me going form some reason, the model and the shots are creative and quite beautiful.
http://ishotmyself.com/public/view_gall … ?g=cowchic

oh sure, there are only so many ways to shoot oneself holding a camera.  our arms are only so long and such, and then there are mirror shots, and although from folio to folio some shots seem similiar, they are all quite unique in some way, but i find these earlier ones even more so.

happy sunday/monday shannon darlin'

jamie

'stay beautiful'

#4 June 11th, 2006 10:23 PM

blissed

She's certainly attractive in the cowchic folio, and I love the idea of making a mirror out of an old window.

#5 June 12th, 2006 12:25 AM

Head
Administrator

paintjam wrote:

you know i believe that may be the reason.
this one really got me going form some reason, the model and the shots are creative and quite beautiful.
http://ishotmyself.com/public/view_gall … ?g=cowchic

jamie

That was actually the very first folio submitted, shot in September 2002.  I don't think we even had a site name then.   Funnily enough I saw her in the pub the other night.  Totally by co-inkydink she has moved to live right near our office (at the time of the shoot she lived on the other side of the country).  I didn't get a chance to ask her to reload and we don't have current contact info (:

#6 June 12th, 2006 10:42 AM

paintjam

blissed wrote:

She's certainly attractive in the cowchic folio, and I love the idea of making a mirror out of an old window.

oh my yes i loved the mirrored window.   definitely caught my eye (along with her beauty of course) teehee

hugz
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#7 June 12th, 2006 10:44 AM

paintjam

Head wrote:

That was actually the very first folio submitted, shot in September 2002.  I don't think we even had a site name then.   Funnily enough I saw her in the pub the other night.  Totally by co-inkydink she has moved to live right near our office (at the time of the shoot she lived on the other side of the country).  I didn't get a chance to ask her to reload and we don't have current contact info (:

the first folio?   
how cool.
it was a dandy.

well at least you know where to possibly link up with her for a re-load...in the pub wink
small world huh, even in big beautiful australia.

luv
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#8 June 13th, 2006 08:02 AM

alisha_x

I think the volume of submissions has just made it seem that more recent ones are less artistic - some of the recent ones are beautiful artistic nudes (black and white nudes) - themed sets (fruit and so on) and some that are just HOT 

With so many updates its just easy to miss the more arty ones - quite a few people like myself are just using this space to create art and outdo themselves so I think its just a case of keeping your eyes pealed on the updates - its a shame they dont do themed notifications where you could get an email when a set you might like went up but as with all art its just subjective so there would be no way to do it :s

Kinda killed my own thought process there! lol.

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

http://www.alishax.com

#9 June 13th, 2006 11:00 AM

paintjam

alisha_x wrote:

I think the volume of submissions has just made it seem that more recent ones are less artistic - some of the recent ones are beautiful artistic nudes (black and white nudes) - themed sets (fruit and so on) and some that are just HOT 

With so many updates its just easy to miss the more arty ones - quite a few people like myself are just using this space to create art and outdo themselves so I think its just a case of keeping your eyes pealed on the updates - its a shame they dont do themed notifications where you could get an email when a set you might like went up but as with all art its just subjective so there would be no way to do it :s

Kinda killed my own thought process there! lol.

you're probably right.
hugz
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#10 June 18th, 2006 06:49 PM

LeoBloom

I don't agree at all that the early shoots are better. Any sense of repetitivenes is due, I think, not to contributors drawing on previous shoots, but simply to certain inevitable restraints as to how you can hold the camera.
It seems to me that not only is the artistic quality improving and the inventiveness more surprising, but also - heh heh heh - in a natural desire to outdo previous submissions, the general level of explicitness is being extended too. Once one girl shows she's willing to show certain things, others will too. How long before...? - well no, I'll stop there.

#11 June 18th, 2006 09:38 PM

paintjam

LeoBloom wrote:

I don't agree at all that the early shoots are better. Any sense of repetitivenes is due, I think, not to contributors drawing on previous shoots, but simply to certain inevitable restraints as to how you can hold the camera.
It seems to me that not only is the artistic quality improving and the inventiveness more surprising, but also - heh heh heh - in a natural desire to outdo previous submissions, the general level of explicitness is being extended too. Once one girl shows she's willing to show certain things, others will too. How long before...? - well no, I'll stop there.

now that i do agree with you on.
there are a few folios in here, one in particular titled 'no hands' that shows beautiful self images without the arms length restraint on creating these images.   to me it is one of the best folios in here, (even though it did get a few viewers boxers/briefs in a roar). 
we could most definitely create some beautiful images without camera in hand that work magic i am sure.
perhaps the guideline for a shoot should be half and half.
oddly enough though, i have been using a bit of ism style shooting in my self artwork these days and have been getting fab comments on them.

hugz
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#12 June 19th, 2006 08:47 AM

mlwade

Perhaps because the erotic content interests me more in these folios than the aesthetic content (my aesthetic sensibilities are rather naive and untutored), the variety of women, physiques, and personalities overshadow for me any of the repetitiveness that has been mentioned by others.  I do appreciate when someone takes a different approach but mostly for the sheer novelty of it.

#13 June 19th, 2006 10:54 PM

alisha_x

Hi ya,

I agree this kind of photography often captures your personality and this can often overshadow any repetiveness in content as the girls are of every kind of beauty on ISM.

Also, like all art, whats artistic or not is so much down to personal taste that it would be impossible for anyoen to decide which ones were and werent artistic/experimental as you just can't put ISM into catagry boxes - also as ISM grows there are just more folios and more artists here to choose from and more people to look at them to cater for - on top of this ISM is about free expression and letting every girl make her own art so editing them down to match anyones idea of artistic or not would send out bad vibes and get girls to try to conform to a certain standard to show their work rather than express themselves freely even if it makes a similar folio to an exisitng one - so to try to stop this would go against the whole point...

So basicly.... we just have to force ourselves to look at EVERY photo and decide as we go along which sets to bookmark/download for ourselves - creating our own 'best of' depending on what we like (art, erotic, cute, downright rude etc) - its a tough job but I think Im up to it! hehe!

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

#14 June 20th, 2006 10:27 AM

paintjam

alisha_x wrote:

Hi ya,

I agree this kind of photography often captures your personality and this can often overshadow any repetiveness in content as the girls are of every kind of beauty on ISM.

Also, like all art, whats artistic or not is so much down to personal taste that it would be impossible for anyoen to decide which ones were and werent artistic/experimental as you just can't put ISM into catagry boxes - also as ISM grows there are just more folios and more artists here to choose from and more people to look at them to cater for - on top of this ISM is about free expression and letting every girl make her own art so editing them down to match anyones idea of artistic or not would send out bad vibes and get girls to try to conform to a certain standard to show their work rather than express themselves freely even if it makes a similar folio to an exisitng one - so to try to stop this would go against the whole point...

So basicly.... we just have to force ourselves to look at EVERY photo and decide as we go along which sets to bookmark/download for ourselves - creating our own 'best of' depending on what we like (art, erotic, cute, downright rude etc) - its a tough job but I think Im up to it! hehe!

perfectly put my dear, as one of ism's top artists....;)
luv
jamie

'stay beautiful'

#15 June 24th, 2006 09:38 PM

alisha_x

Just saw that post - Aw thanks smile

Kisses,

Alisha

Xxx

Board footer