1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » membership

#1 June 10th, 2004 12:07 PM

wilmarthp

membership

I really appreciate the quality of the ISM images--first rate, really!!
But, I have to say that the price of membership ($21.0) after exchange rate is calculated, is way too steep considering the fact that you can only access current image set.
Maybe a better way to go would be to offer a 7-day trial with full access to archives.
I'm not an MBA, but it just seems that you don't give patrons very much for their $$
signed,
a Patron

#2 June 10th, 2004 01:04 PM

Head
Administrator

Re: membership

wilmarthp wrote:

I really appreciate the quality of the ISM images--first rate, really!!
But, I have to say that the price of membership ($21.0) after exchange rate is calculated, is way too steep considering the fact that you can only access current image set.
Maybe a better way to go would be to offer a 7-day trial with full access to archives.
I'm not an MBA, but it just seems that you don't give patrons very much for their $$
signed,
a Patron

You also don't need an MBA to work out that most people would join for cheap, download every zip, then quit. And again in 6 months.  If you like the site then upgrade to a 90 day plan and you'll be credited with your US$15 already spent.

Incidentally if you compare similar sites you'll find our  rates are at the very low end of the scale.

#3 June 12th, 2004 08:47 PM

spykke

I can't agree with wilmarthp although I will say that the 30 day membership isn't great value. As a lover of ordinary birds as opposed to well buffed and polished models, I made a comparison of some of my favourite "amateur" sites.

For 90 days membership:

Amateur Teen Kingdom: $65
Simon Scans  $69
Abby Winters $45.50
ism Extra $59
ism standard $39
In terms of content, frequency of updates and value for money, I would rate them as:

1st AW
2nd ism standard
3rd ATK
4th ism extra

If I have a quibble, I'm not convinced that the extra posts that ism extra members get quite justifies the $20 differential between standard and extra but there's not a lot in it.

#4 June 13th, 2004 01:27 AM

modulus9

I thought I would mention that the ISM prices you quoted are trial prices.  With recurring billing, the price goes down to $45 for 90 days for extra - that's $0.50 less than abby winters.

Also, if you just get standard than ISM is the cheapest at $30 for 90 days.

#5 June 13th, 2004 06:22 PM

spykke

True but I was comparing like for like ie single shot -v- single shot.

OK, taking the recurring rates. ISM standard is $29 and ism extra is $45, do extra members consider that the additional galleries are worth the $16 differential?

I am an extra member and as I stated in my previous post, I think it's a close run thing. I would respectfully suggest that the differential is a touch too big.

#6 June 14th, 2004 06:57 AM

fatquack

spykke wrote:

OK, taking the recurring rates. ISM standard is $29 and ism extra is $45, do extra members consider that the additional galleries are worth the $16 differential?

Obviously I do, otherwise I wouldn't pay it. And my membership is not just for looking at the pics (in my job I get paid to look at naked girls, there's more nudity on my harddisk then I can ever watch) but to support the site and the concept which I really like.

1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » membership

Board footer