1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » ISM Videos?

#1 August 10th, 2024 04:06 PM

Head
Administrator

ISM Videos?

Those who have been around long enough know that for along time, we were publishing videos as well as photosets.  But we didn't have streaming, so they were overlooked by a lot of people.

How much support would there be for restoring some of the videos and offering them as streaming content?  Would you pay extra to fund it?

#2 August 17th, 2024 02:11 AM

LeoBloom

Re: ISM Videos?

I'm not suren I've fully understood the question. I hadn't realized that the early videos weren't available for streaming. How many of them are there? Or, when did you add the streaming facility<'

Re the videos in general, my general view is that they tended to excite me less than the photosets. It required an exceptional level of personality and talent for them to become really good - exceptions that come to mind being Altea (who did the last video 4 years ago, and Tana, whose videos have now been taken down.

#3 August 18th, 2024 06:40 PM

Head
Administrator

They were a download-only thing - or were you able to make them stream?  There were a few hundred I think.

#4 August 19th, 2024 03:53 PM

LeoBloom

No, you're right (of course). I'd never noticed that the early ones were download-only.

I doubt there would be much interest in restored versions. The restoration project makes sense on IFM as they are professionally shot (mostly) and the focus of that site means we are interested in as clear a view of all the detail as possible. The attraction of the ISM videos was much more that they were clearly amateur and without pretentions to being anything else, and they had a mucking-around-among-friends appeal.

#5 September 4th, 2024 04:57 PM

Raeburn

I'd love to see videos once again. It's good to see contributors move, and even better to hear them speak. It's like being in their company, if only for a few minutes. So, better than just reading the profiles. Of course some are better than others, but that's true of the photoshoots too. I remember some excellent videos. Elie did some very good ones, and there was one of three girls wrecking an office. And, I can't remember her name just now, but she did a series of videos in a cemetery--like works of art. Likewise Avocado Girl by the Great Ocean Road. It's also good to see them over the years--Redbird has treated us this way. Please bring them back, and encourage your models to take part.

#6 September 16th, 2024 03:33 AM

spam152

I think it would be nice. I enjoy the feature in ifm as it gives more context to the contributor. Some of the videos here are pretty old. It would be nice to have something a bit more high quality that are easy to watch.

#7 October 6th, 2024 07:54 PM

LeoBloom

Perhaps we could use this thread to pass on the good news about videos we particularly like. I've just discovered Gizele's and WOW!

1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » ISM Videos?

Board footer