#1 June 18th, 2009 11:27 AM

Folly

upskirt - oedipus complex?

It's occured to me lately that the whole upskirt fascination could stem from that ol' idea by Freud. 
This is because recently I have read/heard two accounts of early memories by males which described the sensation of looking up at - or just up - their mother's (or babysitter's) skirt.  One described how safe they felt hiding underneath the long skirt of a woman figure while she was seated in a chair. 
So could the upskirt fascination come from early experiences like these?

Then again one of these memories that I read was by a gay man - and probably more lead to his desire to wear skirts.

Anyway upskirts do make beautiful photographs.  Just check out Lynsey's latest folio. Bottoms look so good from that angle!

#2 June 18th, 2009 03:56 PM

bobby

Re: upskirt - oedipus complex?

That's interesting because I vaguely remember someone (may have been Freud himself, or someone he influenced like Lacan or Bataille) using this example the example of seeing a motherly figures underwear for the first time to explain where an underwear fetish could originate. I can't remember if they attributed this to an Oedipus thing, early sexual experiences, both or neither. In fact I don't remember much of the context but it's a bit interesting.
I've always liked upskirts because of the way the skirt frames the image and the verticals of ones legs. I have a leg fetish, I wonder where that came from.

#3 June 19th, 2009 10:19 AM

veronicaf

That sounds like something Bataille would say.  Do you think it's in Story of an Eye?  It sounds really familiar.

#4 June 19th, 2009 11:45 AM

ashmedi

I think it's just base genetic male curiosity smile

There's something different between her legs, and skirts are not that restrictive, if I could just find a way or position to get a peek at what she has that I don't, it would make me feel so much better wink

Also why so many guys are so fascinated with breasts, all breasts, big ones and nice small firm ones smile

My $.02, just part of what Mother Nature uses to keep the species propogating ....

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#5 June 19th, 2009 02:50 PM

Folly

true true ashmedi, but was it your mother's skirt that you first wanted to see up? Just wondering....

#6 June 20th, 2009 01:16 AM

DameSarah

Let's not forget that Freud is also responsible for the theory of "penis envy". I think it's important to take all of his ideas with a heaping pile of salt. For ex:

"They notice the penis of a brother or playmate, strikingly visible and of large proportions, at once recognize it as the superior counterpart of their own small and inconspicuous organ, and from that time forward fall a victim to envy for the penis. …The psychical consequences of envy for the penis, in so far as it does not become absorbed in the reaction-formation of the masculinity complex, are various and far-reaching. After a woman has become aware of the wound to her narcissism, she develops, like a scar, a sense of inferiority. When she has passed beyond her first attempt at explaining her lack of a penis as being a punishment personal to herself and has realized that that sexual character is a universal one, she begins to share the contempt felt by men for a sex which is the lesser in so important a respect, and, at least in holding that opinion, insists on being like a man."
“Some psychical consequences of the anatomical distinction between the sexes"(1929)

That's funny - I've always felt that the vagina is obviously the superior sex organ!!

#7 June 20th, 2009 06:18 AM

blissed

Blissed's great grandad circ.1929 wrote:

It is quite clearly my opinion that both sexes should be furnished with penises of identical proportions, not to do so would be sheer folly.

#8 June 20th, 2009 11:27 AM

ashmedi

Folly wrote:

true true ashmedi, but was it your mother's skirt that you first wanted to see up? Just wondering....

Um no, and I'm not saying that to be argumentative smile

The young girls on each side and across the street, my spinster aunt, and the aunt that my uncle robbed the cradle for, all yes, smile and all just a burning curiosity, wink and sad to say, a curiosity that was never satisfied .........   sad

Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#9 June 22nd, 2009 10:51 AM

bathory

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot

I am so tired, and Ive had to read over every one of these to figure out what the hell is being said! I think we're looking into this far too much! Peeking up a skirt is just sly sneaky and fun, and I love looking up a sexily dressed womans skirt and seeing shes wearing girlie knickers, my housemate wears hannah montana knickers under her work suit eeehhehehe
The idea of looking up my mums skirt though.... thats a bit wrong...

Bathory loves Black metal, long haired men, blast beats and schofferhoffer

#10 June 22nd, 2009 10:55 AM

bathory

But then again, Im far more interested in Oedipina complex than oedipus complex. Maybe we should start a topic, "Bathory has lost interest in sex. Discuss?"

Bathory loves Black metal, long haired men, blast beats and schofferhoffer

#11 June 22nd, 2009 01:48 PM

veronicaf

oh noes bathory...does that mean the world is about to end?

#12 June 23rd, 2009 09:05 AM

ashmedi

ashmedi wrote:

I think it's just base genetic male curiosity smile

Bathory, that's what I said, you could have reading at that point wink

#13 June 24th, 2009 11:01 AM

Folly

bathory! oh noooo can it be true? have you become desensitised to the max!?
and also, knowing you like to look up skirts is a work since you reside beneath the stairs that I often walk up and down wearing a skirt!  That's the real reason you shush me so I can walk slower isn't it! Whoa exclaimation point overload!!!!!!!!

#14 June 24th, 2009 01:30 PM

veronicaf

roflmaobbq!!!!!

Board footer