1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » Time

#1 March 23rd, 2009 10:42 PM

annabel

Time

Just wanted to post 'something' to say how amazing it is looking at these photos almost a year after I took them.

I was convinced my first folio was the biggest waste of everyone's time (I couldnt even look at it when it went live!) but after seeing how nice people were about the reload I couldnt resist and it brought a big smile to my face... it's such a surprise to find beauty in yourself where you least expect it, and so lovely to see that others saw it all along xx

Does anyone else feel the same about old folios? Either your own or viewing the same photos of others months or years later?

Last edited by annabel (March 23rd, 2009 10:43 PM)

#2 March 24th, 2009 10:26 AM

gala

Re: Time

Annabel, your reload is just beautiful.  I wrote the description for it and it sat in my folder for an abnormally long time because I had a really hard time finding nice words to set to the pictures.  I think it's one of those folios that might just be better presented on its own without any words to colour it, but that's not really part of the deal at the moment. 

My folios never take long to go up because I have the privilege of working here and poking at the editors every day.  The only time I had the experience of waiting around for a folio to go up was with my Primary, which took months and months I think.  But there are too many other emotions and anxieties and things that took place alongside that experience so I can't really say how I felt about the time / distance.  But when I do go back and look at old folios now I do feel pretty odd.  Mostly I just feel a hell of a lot better now about my work and my body than I did at the time - which is why I'm amazed that I was even brave enough to do it when I was feeling less-so. 

I am particularly intrigued by Bobby's back catalogue of shoots, because she has been with the project longer than I have and is a more prolific contributor.  The distance between her first and last folios is monumental to a viewer, and that's a fascinating transition.  You can see themes picked up occasionally throughout the folios and there are some identities presented and shed and modified.  I recommend checking that out if you're thinking about this at the moment. 

Thanks again for your Reload, annabel - really beautiful stuff, and glad to see you posting here.

1. Index
  2. » Project_ISM
  3. » Time

Board footer