#1 December 6th, 2008 08:53 AM

vivienne

'Normal' .... Is a cycle on a washing machine!

I spent half my life wishing that I was 'normal'... until I discovered that 'normal' is only a cycle on the washing machine!..... I certainly don't aspire to be that these days! 

I love that project ISM celebrates the natural differences and diversity in women. I love the fact that a by-product of doing a shoot allows us to accept ourselves more freely, honor our individual differences, and gain greater acceptance of who we are...

NORMAL is the cycle on a washing machine!

#2 December 7th, 2008 08:24 AM

momentextase

Re: 'Normal' .... Is a cycle on a washing machine!

"NORMAL is the cycle on a washing machine!"
Quoted for truth!

Epiphany!!!!

I have seen and participated in so many discussions of what is "normal" on so many forums, scientific, political, philosphical, polyamouous, liguistic, swinging, sexual politics, GLBT, psychological, artistic... and on and on.

Finally, a definition that rings with the harmonic purity of a tuning fork!

It is funny how the details of our world, the accidents of our fates, the flurry of our lives and the quirks of the english language so often obscure -the flaming obvious.

"NORMAL"!!! -I noticed long ago it is the enemy of "wonder" and "wonderful," but could never accurately quite express what "normal" really was.

Thanks vivienne!

#3 March 9th, 2009 10:16 AM

illenya

we are all one... and wonderful, at that! smile

normal, is a word, like many. that has misplaced its context.
its not really "normal" for an infinity of galaxies and super massive energy sucking holes in space, but you know.... this stuff happens. haha.

WAVE YOUR FREAK FLAG.

#4 March 9th, 2009 12:12 PM

blissed

smiley-lol.gif

Actually a unifying theory of Einstein and quantum theory is that the universe is holographic, existing on a membrane with other membranes in a true 3D space.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 130708.htm

I reckon it's  likely even simply because it's so far from human imagination and story telling with no references to what we see as normal to try and make it believable.

Last edited by blissed (March 9th, 2009 12:13 PM)

#5 March 9th, 2009 05:20 PM

miss

Hi Vivienne,

'A cycle on the washing machine'

As I scroll through the images on ism I feel that we are all so similiar in the way we look but it is the energy we bring to our shots that makes us unique :-)

miss x

Board footer