#1 April 8th, 2008 11:21 PM

blissed

The very important thread :)

Last year I was investigating how an artist could do other modeling too because I'm sure she could, and what I found was awful, with all the power in the hands of the image makers and the people who model mostly used as tools, and changed to suit the requirements of the photographer. Thats why being a "model" is derided because they're abused in that way and a lot of what they have to offer is ignored. Contrast that with the way photographers photograph celebrities, taking pride in finding their character, so it's really hard to find an example of what I'm talking about above but I think I've found someone.

I don't know how world famous  Kelly Brook is (TV presenter and married to a film producer) she’s lovely and she looks fabulous, but her modeling stuff is over made up and subordinates her personality so a big part of her is wasted, most of those pics are really nice because she’s really beautiful, but they lack soul (basically hers) and in them she’s just a means for the photographer to express themself, they should start by seeing her, not what they want her to be. When me and Kelly are married tho, thats all gonna change :)

kellybrooklauncheslingefo7.jpg

v See, this pic could be anyone.

couldbeanyonezm9.jpg

Last edited by blissed (April 9th, 2008 05:30 AM)

#2 April 9th, 2008 10:03 AM

kitkat

Re: The very important thread :)

Hear hear.  A classic example of woman as woman and woman as object.

#3 April 10th, 2008 03:02 PM

SoulieBaby
Administrator

can we say photoshopped? lol

#4 April 10th, 2008 04:22 PM

chica

I was pondering over exactly this subject this morning blissed. The I Shot Myself process challenges and encourages contributors to think about who they are and how they want to express themselves, giving them an oppertunity to do this in an individual and creative way rather than, as you have demonstrated, turning them into something they are not or worse still a 'souless picture who could be anyone!'

#5 April 18th, 2008 09:56 AM

turtleman

Very good and very important thread. I wish more would think about this and do something too.

smile

These soul-less pictures turn me off in the long run.
What we get here is first class because it's REAL people, real artists.

Love you all.

turtleman

Board footer