#1 March 31st, 2004 07:04 AM

armandw

Artist profiles in ZIPs

Hi there,

I'm quite new to this site and I really like it a lot!
Good layout, services work fine and -of course- great pics.

The ZIP file service is a nice and convenient one for late subscribers such as me. However, I'm sort of missing the artist profile by the time a zip file is on my disk and I happen to browse it at a later time.
Has the profile been omitted from the ZIPs on purpose ? If not, I'd like to suggest an artist profile-file being added to each ZIP. (Perhaps starting from today, don't want to get you overworked...) Could be simple plain text, but also a nice HTML or even an HTML with profile and thumbnails. Of course the latter means more work to you guys.

Do other members agree ?

Thanks for considering & keep up the good work.

Greetz from up there,

Armand.

#2 April 1st, 2004 05:37 AM

fatquack

Re: Artist profiles in ZIPs

It is not such a bad idea, but maybe just be a screenshot jpg of the profile as picture number 00 in each serie would suffice. Something like this:

#3 April 6th, 2004 04:02 AM

rintoo

I do really wish the profiles had wound up in the zips somehow. The idea has my vote for sure.

#4 April 19th, 2004 10:38 PM

WaltW

I'm all for it as well.  It could even be a ".txt" file or a copy of the profile page (in html) to make it simple on the website end.

#5 April 26th, 2004 11:17 AM

coldmtsoul

Add my vote to that too! Great idea.

armandw wrote:

Hi there,

I'm quite new to this site and I really like it a lot!
Good layout, services work fine and -of course- great pics.

The ZIP file service is a nice and convenient one for late subscribers such as me. However, I'm sort of missing the artist profile by the time a zip file is on my disk and I happen to browse it at a later time.
Has the profile been omitted from the ZIPs on purpose ? If not, I'd like to suggest an artist profile-file being added to each ZIP. (Perhaps starting from today, don't want to get you overworked...) Could be simple plain text, but also a nice HTML or even an HTML with profile and thumbnails. Of course the latter means more work to you guys.

Do other members agree ?

Thanks for considering & keep up the good work.

Greetz from up there,

Armand.

#6 May 4th, 2004 09:41 PM

mercucio

This is a really good idea !

A screenshoot of the profile would be great !

#7 May 5th, 2004 12:10 AM

Head
Administrator

mercucio wrote:

This is a really good idea !

A screenshoot of the profile would be great !

OK it's on the list already!

#8 May 28th, 2004 08:32 AM

terryb45

Apple users can key Apple + shift + 4 then drag over the profile and add the resultant shot to the artists file. Sorry if this is stating the obvious.

Board footer