#1 June 10th, 2007 04:31 AM

MrPicMe

Problem viewing profile(s)...

When I click on someone's  ISM name to view their profile, I get this response:

"You do not have permission to view these forums."

Are others here experiencing the same thing, or is it just me?

Thanks to those who respond...

:-)

Last edited by MrPicMe (June 10th, 2007 04:31 AM)

#2 June 11th, 2007 05:05 AM

liberation

Re: Problem viewing profile(s)...

Yeah, in the forums, right?  It has always happened to me to. I have "Prime" membership, as opposed to "Extra" or "Lifetime Sponsor." I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

#3 June 11th, 2007 10:08 AM

MrPicMe

liberation wrote:

Yeah, in the forums, right?  It has always happened to me to. I have "Prime" membership, as opposed to "Extra" or "Lifetime Sponsor." I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I'm a 'lifer' and I'm experiencing it, but good thought though...

Are there any administrators that could shed some light on this issue?

Thanks for responding 'Liberation'.

smile

#4 June 21st, 2007 01:36 AM

MrPicMe

Hi Shannon,

If you get a chance...

...Is this a feature that can be "turned on" for us? Seeing more about other forum contributors makes this experience more interesting and enjoyable.

Thanks,

Scott

#5 June 22nd, 2007 09:50 AM

bayowie

MrPicMe wrote:

Hey guys, it may be called security, I don't think any of the ladies or many other forum members including myself would like others to know their personal details like their real name or private e-mail address if added to their profile, except themselves or the administrators.
I suspect the administrators have turned this feature off for just this purpose.
I may want to find out all I can about some of the lovely ladies, but at least the administrators protect them from overly curious people like me.

My mate Kong was right, Faye Wray should have been on here.

B.A. Yowie.

#6 June 22nd, 2007 10:42 PM

MrPicMe

bayowie wrote:
MrPicMe wrote:

Hey guys, it may be called security, I don't think any of the ladies or many other forum members including myself would like others to know their personal details like their real name or private e-mail address if added to their profile, except themselves or the administrators.
I suspect the administrators have turned this feature off for just this purpose.
I may want to find out all I can about some of the lovely ladies, but at least the administrators protect them from overly curious people like me.

Hi Bayowie, thank you for your response, and I fully understand the concern for private/sensitive information not being 'exposed'. However, when setting up an ISM forum profile, each member has the ability to control what information is displayed, if any at all. In other words, it's completely in the forum users control for any personal/sensitive information to be released. (At least that's the way it was a few months back.) For my purposes, it mainly serves to tell if I'm communicating with a male or female and what country they are from. It sometimes helps to add perspective on conversation.

Cheers

Scott

#7 July 4th, 2007 04:46 AM

MrPicMe

Hi Shannon,

I don't intend to be a pest, but is there a fix in the works or did ISM go to a whole new forum structure permanently?

Thanks,

Scott

Board footer