#1 November 29th, 2004 07:57 PM

onedaddy

duets

could someone please explain to me, why it is necessary to post the same video or photoshoot twice when a couple make a duet? The first one I d/l was a vid of Oscar & Naomi....such a disappointment when you spend that time on dialup for the same vid twice. I thought maybe Head had made a mistake and tried their 'Parklife' shoot....same thing. Why?

#2 November 29th, 2004 08:41 PM

Head

Re: duets

onedaddy wrote:

could someone please explain to me, why it is necessary to post the same video or photoshoot twice when a couple make a duet? The first one I d/l was a vid of Oscar & Naomi....such a disappointment when you spend that time on dialup for the same vid twice. I thought maybe Head had made a mistake and tried their 'Parklife' shoot....same thing. Why?

They're only 'posted' once, but they appear twice in a Folio listing because of the way the database is setup, i.e. by artist rather than by folio, so it appears once for each artist.  If you see the same little image twice, it's the same folio. New folios will always have a new placeholder image, even if they're part of a larger set. If you do your folio listings in text format, look for duplicated dates.

#3 November 30th, 2004 04:40 PM

shannon
Administrator

Re: duets

Head wrote:

They're only 'posted' once, but they appear twice in a Folio listing because of the way the database is setup, i.e. by artist rather than by folio, so it appears once for each artist.  If you see the same little image twice, it's the same folio. New folios will always have a new placeholder image, even if they're part of a larger set. If you do your folio listings in text format, look for duplicated dates.

.. or just duplicate folio names.  There will never be more than one shoot or video with the same name.  If the shoot is split in two for example or if there is a series of videos, the next ones will be named 'parklife2' and so forth.

Board footer