#1 May 12th, 2005 01:55 AM

nagaloo

Why do some people enjoy pain?

I have been thinking of getting my nipples pierced lately. Any time I see someone with just one done I think WHIMP couldn’t stand the pain of getting the other one done LOL. So if I go through with it I will get both done. Is there any symbolism related to body mods these days? One time a single ear and I forget which side meant you were gay.

As far as pain is concerned I love the pain of getting a tattoo, the one on my chest was the strongest so far. I guess there are chemical things happen in the brain and other things released during stimulation by pain that make it enjoyable. I have been told the tricep area of the upper arm is the most painful. Someday I will get one and tell how it measures up. Mr Jim is one spot I never want a needle to find its way to. But I think I might be ok with one near by.

Is there anyone on the forum who can expound on the reason some women get their vaginal lips and various parts pierced? Just wondering.

Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#2 May 12th, 2005 08:51 AM

hornysecret

Re: Why do some people enjoy pain?

I'm not into piercing. Neither into tatoos. Nevertheless I know one thing: Feeling pain just at the right moment - the second before orgasm - enhances the good feelings instead of really hurting you.
I wonder what the replies of the ladies who got piercings in intimate places will be. Where are you, ladies? I am really curious about those answers too!

#3 May 12th, 2005 03:35 PM

minka

Was going to get my clit pierced not long after i got my belly done. At the time i was going out with a german guy who had lots of piercings, incl. his nob pierced, i found it great fun during oral. He got it done for the sensation, said it made the area extra sensitive. (Not to mention, he loved a little pain).
A girlfriend of mine pierced her own clit in the bathroom...thats just plain crazy if u ask me. She also said it made the area extremly sensitive and gave her an awesome sensation during oral. (I think we are all big oral fans in Germany) Thats why i wanted to get it done...i think it looks quite sexy on a bare puss aswell. Strongly agree that pain at the right moment just before cumming, takes me over the egde.

#4 May 12th, 2005 04:26 PM

zille

Well, Stew, from my point of view, you have actually asked several somewhat disparate questions.  As someone who has had both her inner labia and clit-hood pierced, I can tell you that the genital piercings I got had nothing to do with pain at all.  Some people, guys in particular, would wince and exclaim when seeing them, but those piercings were actually some of the most painless ones you can get.  From what I understand nipples and belly buttons about tie for the worst ones (I don't know about male genital piercings.)  My ears getting pierced hurt way, way more, and took far longer to heal, than my lower ones.

Labia are just these slender bits of flesh.  And they are made even more so when put in the clamps (which also doesn't hurt a bit.)  Inside the skin, there are not really nerve endings set up to feel the pain of a needle passing through.  So a labia piercing is just a millisecond of not-very-intense pain.  I actually said to my piercer, "That's IT?!  I though it would hurt more!"  (She said, "Do you want more pain?")

The clit-hood piercing was not any more intense pain, just about 2 milliseconds of pain instead of 1.

Tattoos, esp. the shading/coloring, hurt a billion times more.  But you don't get tattooed for the pain, you get tattooed so you'll have a nice tattoo.

The same goes with piercings, although you do certainly get a lovely endorphin rush when you get pierced -- it's a nice perk!  When I had my piercings (I should dig out an image to show you guys) I had them mostly for me, because they looked cool and sexy and they were fun.  They were also good sexually because it encouraged partners to play with the pretty baubles and spend extra time down there doing stimulating things.  They were also good for BDSM play.

Which brings me to "Why do some people enjoy pain?"  Everyone who does has their own reasons.  My reason is that, the right kind of pain in the right amounts with the right timing (it is an exact science!) turns me on, and when mingled with pleasure, really turns me on and sometimes gets me off.  Do I need any more reason than that?!?!

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#5 May 12th, 2005 06:11 PM

capiango

Im not all that into tats and piercings either but when I see nice ones I think they look great. Though often, less is more in my book with these. I did decide to get my nipple pierced a few years ago (after seeing that old man in that movie the Waterboy if you can believe that!) and I was surprised how unimpressed I was with the pain I felt. I think the clamp they use just prior to piercing was about the same threshold as the piercing itself, and for a guy, mine are sensitive!
The healing process was slow which I didnt like but afterwards I loved it, for some reason there is an extra sensitivity that wasnt there before. A few years later I upgraded to a slightly larger gauge and my body rejected it and I just let it grow out and never went back and had it redone. Luckily though, the extra sensation still seems to be there so I probably wont, and I doubt I will get any others but I dont regret it at all. I guess its like the old saying, No Pain - No Gain in a twisted way wink

#6 May 12th, 2005 07:20 PM

nagaloo

zille wrote:

Tattoos, esp. the shading/coloring, hurt a billion times more.  But you don't get tattooed for the pain, you get tattooed so you'll have a nice tattoo.

The same goes with piercings, although you do certainly get a lovely endorphin rush when you get pierced -- it's a nice perk!  When I had my piercings (I should dig out an image to show you guys) I had them mostly for me, because they looked cool and sexy and they were fun.  They were also good sexually because it encouraged partners to play with the pretty baubles and spend extra time down there doing stimulating things.  They were also good for BDSM play.

Which brings me to "Why do some people enjoy pain?"  Everyone who does has their own reasons.  My reason is that, the right kind of pain in the right amounts with the right timing (it is an exact science!) turns me on, and when mingled with pleasure, really turns me on and sometimes gets me off.  Do I need any more reason than that?!?!

Well for me the pain of getting a tattoo is a big part of the whole experience. Now I don't get sexually aroused but it makes me feel good to be able to bear it. Part of my Klingon character coming out I guess. LOL It takes me a lot of time to decide what I want, cats are a big draw for me. But I have other things in mind too, one someday soon in memory of my grandfather because he had tattoos from his military service. The tattoo on my chest was way more painful than my arm. The closer to my nipple the more painful it was. And the guy complained that I don’t take the ink very well. It didn’t take in places and I have to be a tough guy and get it redone but I am looking forward to getting it done again. LOL.

I would be interested in seeing any pictures you have with a comment on how they affect you pleasure during sex. If you care to go in that direction. And anyone else who cares to share. I don’t think I could ever go to the point of having my “nob” pierced but would be interested in any more comments anyone might have had some interesting part done. Some places need to be done with extreme caution from what I have read. Anyone ever have a bad time with one or know someone who did?

Thanks Zille and everyone else for helping further my education concerning women.

Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#7 May 13th, 2005 01:46 AM

wantingscott

pain is different for me. even w/ all the psychiatric meds i'm on, sometimes i'll still slip into a fugue state and unconsciously start to lose time as i relive some long past unpleasantry. most of the time, i can't snap out of it without an X-Acto knife and some bloodletting...

my counsellor says the pain and sight of my blood reaffirms that i am real.

wscott

#8 May 13th, 2005 07:48 AM

Manring

For those interested in another viewpoint on this thread's main question, here's an interesting article, first published in Psychology Today in the fall of 1999, about "The Pleasure of Pain":

http://borchernews.com/articles/apostolides.html

If that doesn't work quite right, go to http://borchernews.com/articles.html and scroll down to the last article.

Manring

Board footer