#1 April 30th, 2005 10:56 AM

zimbonies

survey

Since we're taking surveys and asking questions, I was wondering --

How did everyone (including the artists) get turned on to ISM?  Friend suggestion?  Per-chance?  I know that I saw some photos on a BBS with the ISM logo stamped on them...the rest is history for me!  How 'bout you?

Jim

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#2 April 30th, 2005 06:24 PM

centrevom

Re: survey

Lycos UK viral chart - http://viral.lycos.co.uk - listed ISM in October 2003. As you say, the rest is history.

#3 April 30th, 2005 07:37 PM

Gimme_Danger

newsgroups smile

#4 April 30th, 2005 09:14 PM

Belgareth

ISM's sister site, Beautiful Agony, which was recommended to me by a very close friend (female of course) but I'm damned if I can remember which one of the two I joined first. I seem to recollect that it was ISM but I could be wrong.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#5 April 30th, 2005 10:28 PM

theconia2

Newsgroups!

#6 May 1st, 2005 03:05 AM

soneil

Newsgroups

#7 May 1st, 2005 03:14 AM

voyeur2

link - I think from Beautiful Agony but might have been some other one

Have I ever lied to you before?

#8 May 1st, 2005 02:15 PM

thylacine

MacFormat magazine.

#9 May 2nd, 2005 09:58 AM

wantingscott

i found it in a magazine, too. MacAddictUK ran a feature about the site in summer 2003. i owe it all to Borders Bookstore & their collection of foreign mags.

#10 May 2nd, 2005 05:03 PM

liandra_dahl

zimbonies wrote:

How did everyone (including the artists) get turned on to ISM?  Friend suggestion?  Per-chance?  I know that I saw some photos on a BBS with the ISM logo stamped on them...the rest is history for me!  How 'bout you?

Jim

My friend (known as Polly Gun to you guys) confessed that she had done it and told me what it was all about so I raced into the office, demanded a camera and never looked back.

#11 May 2nd, 2005 07:39 PM

zimbonies

liandra_dahl wrote:

My friend (known as Polly Gun to you guys) confessed that she had done it and told me what it was all about so I raced into the office, demanded a camera and never looked back.

A-Ha!  That's what I was looking for -- someone who joined (or submitted) strictly from word of mouth.  I'll bet there's a ton more contributors like yourself who heard about it from someone else who heard about it from someone else...

I'm so glad that Polly turned you on to this site.  Where would my life be without Liandra??!  smile

Jim

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#12 May 3rd, 2005 12:58 PM

Torture_Garden

zimbonies wrote:

Jim

Newsgroups; but the images were far too tantalising to wait for the possibility that more would get posted and besides, at the end of the day, posters in newsgroups violate copyright a teenie-weenie bit. How could you not want to support ISM?!

From memory (vague at the very best of times) it was Mias' "missdevo" set that sold me.

James
--
...and when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home...

#13 May 3rd, 2005 06:24 PM

Gimme_Danger

Torture_Garden wrote:

.....and besides, at the end of the day, posters in newsgroups violate copyright a teenie-weenie bit. How could you not want to support ISM?!

From memory (vague at the very best of times) it was Mias' "missdevo" set that sold me.

very often the images are propagated by webmasters to drum up business.

I saw a folio called 'wet slate' that led me here but '80s prom' was the one that made me join as I wanted to look at the additional images for a painting I was making at the time.

Board footer