#1 August 23rd, 2004 07:11 AM

scissorkicks

Firefox weirdness.

I'm using Firefox 0.9.3

Pretty much everything on ISM is ok, but the text on the homepage that says what date / time it is and who you are logged in as is all screwed up.  It's in a really weird lo res unreadable font.  Most odd.  Same goes for the text that says the filenames in a folio view.

Anyone else getting this?

#2 August 23rd, 2004 08:20 AM

Belgareth

Re: Firefox weirdness.

scissorkicks wrote:

I'm using Firefox 0.9.3

Pretty much everything on ISM is ok, but the text on the homepage that says what date / time it is and who you are logged in as is all screwed up.  It's in a really weird lo res unreadable font.  Most odd.  Same goes for the text that says the filenames in a folio view.

I use both Mozilla and it's browser only derivative, Firefox, under Linux. I have had experience of the same sort of problem that you are encountering but that was due to the fact that the sites were using Microsoft registered fonts, which are not available under the GPL.  This site however, does not seem to be pulling that sort of nasty stunt and behaves in a fair resemblance of the W3C standards.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#3 August 23rd, 2004 08:07 PM

scissorkicks

Belgareth wrote:

I use both Mozilla and it's browser only derivative, Firefox, under Linux. I have had experience of the same sort of problem that you are encountering but that was due to the fact that the sites were using Microsoft registered fonts, which are not available under the GPL.  This site however, does not seem to be pulling that sort of nasty stunt and behaves in a fair resemblance of the W3C standards.

Well, this morning it seems to fixed.  How odd.

Thanks!

#4 April 17th, 2005 09:40 PM

zimbonies

scissorkicks wrote:

I'm using Firefox 0.9.3

I hate to re-open a discussion like this, but I was wondering if anyone else (who is using Firefox) has this problem.
When viewing the pictures << First Prev [folio name] Next Last >> the background is white (instead of the ISM gray) which means that the text of the [folio name] is not visible (since the text is white also).
I'm using firefox v 1.03
It's not that big of a deal, but if it's an easy fix...

Thanks!
Jim

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#5 May 1st, 2005 10:10 PM

zimbonies

zimbonies wrote:

I hate to re-open a discussion like this, but I was wondering if anyone else (who is using Firefox) has this problem.
When viewing the pictures << First Prev [folio name] Next Last >> the background is white (instead of the ISM gray) which means that the text of the [folio name] is not visible (since the text is white also).
I'm using firefox v 1.03
It's not that big of a deal, but if it's an easy fix...

Thanks!
Jim

Well somehow this has been resolved.  If it was Head & Co., thank you!  If it's just a fluke, thank the gnomes!

Jim

#6 May 1st, 2005 11:07 PM

Belgareth

zimbonies wrote:

Well somehow this has been resolved.  If it was Head & Co., thank you!  If it's just a fluke, thank the gnomes!
Jim

It is a real nightmare trying to deal with the way in which different browsers render HTML and associated scripts. There are supposed to be international standards, controlled by W3C, the World Wide Web Consortium, unfortunately Mr. Gates doesn't seem to want to abide by them. Equally unfortunately, Internet Exploror is the most widely use web browser and most web sites are designed with this fact in mind. This means that the web page code has to have conditions written into it to accomodate all of the other web browsers. If Microsoft had invented the web browser I might feel a little less peaved but they didn't ,they bent it to suit their own needs and Internet Explorer now behaves in a significantly different way from the original Netscape browser and all of the others that followed it.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#7 May 2nd, 2005 02:02 PM

shannon
Administrator

zimbonies wrote:

Jim

I fixed it after you pointed it out.  Thanks for that.. just let me know if you see any other firefox bugs around the site, and i will investigate.

#8 May 2nd, 2005 07:03 PM

Gimme_Danger

OT but, I find myself wondering...have you considered making a folio Shannon?

#9 May 2nd, 2005 07:36 PM

zimbonies

shannon wrote:

I fixed it after you pointed it out.  Thanks for that.. just let me know if you see any other firefox bugs around the site, and i will investigate.

A-HA!  I knew that Head had someone behind the curtain assisting!  Thank you Shannon, oh Princess of ISM!

Since I have your attention -- this is not a Firefox issue, but a request in general.  Would it be possible to install a spell-check in the forums?  My spelling is awful and all the help I could get (without cutting / pasting from Word) would be great!

Thanks!
Jim
P.S.  Please - nobody suggest spelling lessons!  :-)

Board footer