#1 April 18th, 2005 10:56 PM

dork666

Too much outdoor!

I don't know, maybe everyone here is completely into it.  But, I personally, don't like outdoor shoots.

The problem is, for some reason, it seems that well more than half of the shoots are outdoor... sometimes 5-6 in a row.

Every now and then is cool, but this site seems to be becoming a "outdoor fetish" site...

It would be nice if you'd limit it to like every 4th or 5th shoot...

--Just my opinion.

#2 April 18th, 2005 11:15 PM

MrPicMe

Re: Too much outdoor!

I, for one, disagree! Taking beauty into the beautiful outdoors is hard to beat!!

#3 April 18th, 2005 11:15 PM

liandra_dahl

dork666 wrote:

I don't know, maybe everyone here is completely into it.  But, I personally, don't like outdoor shoots.

The problem is, for some reason, it seems that well more than half of the shoots are outdoor... sometimes 5-6 in a row.

Every now and then is cool, but this site seems to be becoming an "outdoor fetish" site...

--Just my opinion.

I think as this site usually leaves the choice of images and location mostly up to the women shooting the folio, then that limitation might be hard to do. I guess us girls just like getting a bit of fresh air and sun on all of our skin. Have you tried it? It does feel awfully nice (and naughty). I suppose doing the shoot inspires a sense of adventure, and that is frequently (subconsciously?) associated with the outdoors...perhaps...

#4 April 19th, 2005 12:06 AM

MrPicMe

liandra_dahl wrote:

I think as this site usually leaves the choice of images and location mostly up to the women shooting the folio, then that limitation might be hard to do. I guess us girls just like getting a bit of fresh air and sun on all of our skin. Have you tried it? It does feel awfully nice (and naughty). I suppose doing the shoot inspires a sense of adventure, and that is frequently (subconsciously?) associated with the outdoors...perhaps...

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

#5 April 19th, 2005 01:19 AM

liz

There's also the simple fact that, a great deal of the time, shooting outdoors results in higher quality images (not taking into account one's preference for backdrops, but looking purely at technical quality).  Being that many of the artists on ISM have different cameras, of various calibres, the safest bet for high quality photos is to take it outside.

Regardless of whether I am shooting myself, a wedding, portraits, etc., I will always choose to shoot outdoors when I can, because natural light is far superior and far easier to work with.

"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution."
            -Emma Goldman

#6 April 19th, 2005 06:51 AM

Belgareth

liz wrote:

There's also the simple fact that, a great deal of the time, shooting outdoors results in higher quality images (not taking into account one's preference for backdrops, but looking purely at technical quality).  Being that many of the artists on ISM have different cameras, of various calibres, the safest bet for high quality photos is to take it outside.

Regardless of whether I am shooting myself, a wedding, portraits, etc., I will always choose to shoot outdoors when I can, because natural light is far superior and far easier to work with.

Photographically I have to back you up 100% and I know that all professional photographers feel the same way. Natural light is the best light, particularly the soft, subtle light of the  early morning and early evening. The other major advantage is that, because of the higher ambient light levels, the photographer has a wider range of speed and aperture options.

Finally, on a non-technical level, you ladies look beautiful under electric lights but even more beautiful in the sunlight. May Ra shine on you all.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#7 April 19th, 2005 01:05 PM

Head

Belgareth wrote:

Photographically I have to back you up 100% and I know that all professional photographers feel the same way. Natural light is the best light, particularly the soft, subtle light of the  early morning and early evening. The other major advantage is that, because of the higher ambient light levels, the photographer has a wider range of speed and aperture options.

Finally, on a non-technical level, you ladies look beautiful under electric lights but even more beautiful in the sunlight. May Ra shine on you all.

I concur.  Most of the sets which don't make the grade for the site are shot indoors.  Digital cameras are inherently slow (they need a lot of light) and the nature of ISM requires a good depth of field, which you can only get with bright light.  Indoors, you basically have 2 options - flash, which is rarely interesting light, or a slow shutter speed.  Try holding a camera steady at 1/30th second while you're bending backwards with one foot in the air...it's hard enough sitting in a comfy chair.  We encourage girls to shoot outdoors where they can.

#8 April 19th, 2005 05:18 PM

GusTheMynahBird

As far as depth of field goes, I've found that many of the best (i.e., most interesting and aesthetically pleasing) shots I've seen on this site have had short depth of field, focussing in on one part of the foreground whilst blurring everything else. That combined with interesting texture (flesh with goosebumps or hair, for example) can make for a very striking image.

Of course, actually executing such shots could be somewhat tricky (as evidenced by the ones with the foreground out of focus), so I can see how long depth of field can be desirable in a practical (if not aesthetic) sense.

#9 April 19th, 2005 10:30 PM

wantingscott

a while back i posted that i took some pics of myself (huh huh) that trust me- no one will EVER see. anyway- i got shit results until i put the camera on a tripod. it was just too shakey. the best indoor light i have ever seen was the folio EXQUISITE by QUEENIE. i think that set must have used pro lighting gear, more or less...

#10 April 20th, 2005 02:56 AM

nagaloo

Yes many more end up deleted that actually turn out good. I have yet to try outside shots LOL. But regular non-nude pics are better outside under the sweet sun.
Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#11 April 22nd, 2005 02:18 AM

nagaloo

nagaloo wrote:

Yes many more end up deleted that actually turn out good. I have yet to try outside shots LOL. But regular non-nude pics are better outside under the sweet sun.
Stew

That should have read "Yes many more end up deleted 'THAN' actually turn out good."

I am working on some pictures of my calves and thighs if any one is interested. LMAO
Stew

PS Its really bad when you have to reply to your own post to get peoples attention. LMAO

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#12 April 28th, 2005 10:38 PM

MrPicMe

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS OUT THERE, BUT I CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH OF NATURE...
AH_NATURE.JPG
HUG A TREE TODAY!!!

:-)

PS: As far as I know this isn't a layered image. (I hope some find this funny)

#13 April 28th, 2005 11:52 PM

Torture_Garden

That's not a bad photoshop job u got there

James
--
...and when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home...

#14 April 29th, 2005 03:48 AM

Belgareth

MrPicMe wrote:

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS OUT THERE, BUT I CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH OF NATURE...

HUG A TREE TODAY!!!

:-)

PS: As far as I know this isn't a layered image. (I hope some find this funny)

I don't know about layered but if that tree is spotted in a wood it's likely to be laid!

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#15 April 29th, 2005 09:58 AM

zimbonies

Belgareth wrote:

I don't know about layered but if that tree is spotted in a wood it's likely to be laid!

Haa haa!  You said WOOD!  smile

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#16 April 29th, 2005 10:59 PM

brodypaling

dork666 wrote:

Every now and then is cool, but this site seems to be becoming a "outdoor fetish" site...

--Just my opinion.

sad
ahhhhhhh Im doing a outdoor shoot on my balcony i hope when its done ull take a look .........some times its naughty and fun for the girl!

I live on a main road with bus's and ppl walking up and down and hundreds of cars going past......will i get caught...will they go home and talk about me will they go home and fantasie about me ....its a rush for us !

Like sex in a public place.......... will i be caught?

If no one see's me......am I still here?[COLOR=Magenta][COLOR=Magenta]xxx[/COLOR][/COLOR]

#17 April 30th, 2005 06:57 AM

zimbonies

brodypaling wrote:

sad
ahhhhhhh Im doing a outdoor shoot on my balcony i hope when its done ull take a look .........some times its naughty and fun for the girl!

I live on a main road with bus's and ppl walking up and down and hundreds of cars going past......will i get caught...will they go home and talk about me will they go home and fantasie about me ....its a rush for us !

Like sex in a public place.......... will i be caught?

How come I never see women doing this?!  I pride myself in being alert, but it never happens to me!

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

Board footer