#1 March 22nd, 2017 05:44 PM

ricobeast123

Serious question

will the site have transwomen on it at some point. Or maybe a better question is whether you will do that, or maybe you already are and it is for us to figure out. Not trying to kick the hornet's nest on this topic. I am interested in transwomen folios. In my view the site could just start doing it without specifying as such. I am not interested in what plumbing is there or was there, non of my concern, I am just interested in broadening the scope. If not, is there already a place to go. (I am aware of what the proon industry offers, and that is cool too, but I am curious to see it expressed in the ISM context.

Last edited by ricobeast123 (March 22nd, 2017 05:45 PM)

#2 March 23rd, 2017 04:21 PM

Aven Frey

Re: Serious question

As long as you wouldn't cancel your membership? We need to be able to trust that our subscriber base is going to be cool. Guys, you gonna be cool? Serious question?  I think that is the main concern, that subscribers would cancel their membership. I personally don't think this would happen and I personally think that trans inclusivity is the only viable way forward for any credible media production company. Surely it's only a matter of time before the world is good yeah? What say the subscribers? 

http://www.beautifulagony.com/public/main.php

is another one of our sites, it's fully inclusive and it's a beautiful site, it's not quite what you're looking for but you should check it out anyway, if you haven't already!

#3 March 23rd, 2017 07:46 PM

ricobeast123

I will stay. I have actually been here, way back I don't remember, I am thinking 2005. My subscription has lapsed a few times but I would stay. Excuse me if I am covering things already talked about here, I haven't lurked here until recently. Just thinking out loud here, I would go as far as the Patreon approach. Stay a member of course but if I had an opportunity to sponsor a folio or donate the the experimental folio fund I would help out. I don't know what donation level would be needed, and have no basis to guess. I am very interested in this for sure but you know your business better than me, I am just brainstorming.

#4 March 23rd, 2017 07:47 PM

ricobeast123

"Its fully inclusive" not sure what you mean.

#5 March 23rd, 2017 08:08 PM

ricobeast123

Ok I figured it out. I joined that site. Very good work there. In my quick look around I would be kindly interested in folios from all persons in that subset.

#6 March 24th, 2017 08:49 AM

Ivy_Jean

I personally think being all-inclusive is the way to go, but I would definitely be interested to see what more subscribers think about this.
Beautiful Agony is, as suggested in the title, an incredibly beautiful site!!

Last edited by Ivy_Jean (March 24th, 2017 09:28 AM)

~ ISM Editor ~

#7 August 9th, 2018 10:16 PM

Tjeux

Hello, new subscriber here. One of the things I googled before joining was if the site was actively transphobic - straight up denying transwomen from submitting. That would have made me not subscribe. Happily I didn't find anything to suggest that, though granted I didn't dig too deeply (I really want to like this site)

So yeah I also think full inclusivity is the best way forward. And I think userbase of ISM does not contain many people who would be affronted at seeing a trans lady. Or at least I hope so. I think the generally positive and inclusive ethos of the site, drilled even further with the anti-abuse comment policy cultivates userbase who are less prone to rage at something they haven't encountered before and don't possibly quite fully understand.

#8 August 10th, 2018 10:59 AM

_hyperballad_

Welcome Tjeux! We have had a handful of trans folk submit here over the years but I can't think of anyone recently sorry, there's definitely been some great folios from gender queer folx. I personally would love to see a greater representation on ISM too, I don't actually know what the official site policy is though or if there even is one tbh.

#9 August 10th, 2018 06:58 PM

Tjeux

_hyperballad_ wrote:

Welcome Tjeux! We have had a handful of trans folk submit here over the years but I can't think of anyone recently sorry, there's definitely been some great folios from gender queer folx. I personally would love to see a greater representation on ISM too, I don't actually know what the official site policy is though or if there even is one tbh.

Hello! And that is very good to know, and I did dare to assume there is variety in gender representation as there is in everything else.

#10 August 13th, 2018 10:06 AM

Ivy_Jean

Hi all!

We do indeed have a trans person coming up very soon smile

Keep your eyes peeled.

~ ISM Editor ~

Board footer