#1 April 27th, 2005 10:40 PM

Gimme_Danger

censoring of comments left

Head, I can understand you feel the need to edit offensive comments left on a submission/folio but innofensive editing too?

My comment to Arwen_Explorer folio went something like this:

Gimme_Danger says...
nice start arwen...please include more body shots in your reload. great 'kitty'. lovely.
1:33AM Apr 27th 2005

Nothing there that is offensive, denegrating or otherwise. There were many face shots in the folio and I suggested more wide angled shots is all. The 'kitty' remark was a compliment and nothing that hasn't been said before.

If you have to edit my remarks I would prefer that you delete the whole thing rather than dilute or sanitise it because what I ended up with was:

Gimme_Danger says...
nice start arwen...please reload. lovely

not quite what I meant

#2 April 27th, 2005 11:44 PM

wantingscott

Re: censoring of comments left

gimme_danger,
that is suprising. i went as far as telling an artist last week that she had a "cute vagina". it wasn't edited. neither was a post that read, on another folio "great taco", also not deleted. clearly two extremes.
but "nice kitty"? that is suprising...

wscott

#3 April 28th, 2005 12:58 AM

Head

Gimme_Danger wrote:

Head, I can understand you feel the need to edit offensive comments left on a submission/folio but innofensive editing too?

My comment to Arwen_Explorer folio went something like this:

Gimme_Danger says...
nice start arwen...please include more body shots in your reload. great 'kitty'. lovely.

Nothing there that is offensive, denegrating or otherwise. There were many face shots in the folio and I suggested more wide angled shots is all. The 'kitty' remark was a compliment and nothing that hasn't been said before.

If you have to edit my remarks I would prefer that you delete the whole thing rather than dilute or sanitise it because what I ended up with was:

Gimme_Danger says...
nice start arwen...please reload. lovely

not quite what I meant

The deletion was not about the "kitty", it was about your request for the girl to show more of her body.  The site credo is "girls getting naked on their own terms".  To participate in the Project they need to get naked, any more than that is at their discretion. Our policy is to delete requests for girls to "go further", but I will admit we probably misinterpreted your comment in this case.

#4 April 28th, 2005 01:13 AM

Gimme_Danger

my interest is in seeing the human form...the way the light plays on the skin and the textures and shadows. I was strictly encouraging Arwen to go away from the face shots. I am not interested in gynecology if thats what your concern was

#5 April 28th, 2005 06:54 AM

nagaloo

Hmmmm I have been chatting outside of ISM with a few friends who I met here and was wondering if we need to get a few others in on these edits Head makes? In light of Gimme Dangers comments being cut.
Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#6 April 28th, 2005 07:05 AM

wantingscott

you mean like a mutiny, Stew?  wink
do not anger Head. Head gives us sooo much.  (huhhuh, i said "head"...)

#7 April 28th, 2005 07:16 AM

nagaloo

wantingscott wrote:

you mean like a mutiny, Stew?  wink
do not anger Head. Head gives us sooo much.  (huhhuh, i said "head"...)

Head!!! Don't talk to me about head, its obvious you get it, I dont get any!! LMAO

Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#8 April 28th, 2005 01:42 PM

MrPicMe

Is the coping saw 'Head's favorite editing tool?

:-)

PS: Speaking of 'TOOL', thank you "Wantingscott" for sending me that vid. I checked my files for the afore mentioned starlets, but only came up with "Seashore". Thanks for taking me back down that memory lane!!!

#9 April 29th, 2005 07:39 AM

wantingscott

nagaloo wrote:

Head!!! Don't talk to me about head, its obvious you get it, I dont get any!! LMAO

Stew

that's crazy, Stu. half the "professionals" in NYC are Canadian... they're learning their craft somewhere...

Board footer