#1 January 9th, 2005 08:33 AM

samknox

What I find most interesting...

...about my conversations here is that, in spite of the fact that I've said almost nothing about "women", nearly everyone has ascribed attitudes and personality traits to me (none of them flattering) that have to do with my opinion of the female sex.

What up with that?

#2 January 10th, 2005 01:13 AM

samknox

Re: What I find most interesting...

samknox wrote:

...about my conversations here is that, in spite of the fact that I've said almost nothing about "women", nearly everyone has ascribed attitudes and personality traits to me (none of them flattering) that have to do with my opinion of the female sex.

What up with that?

No takers, huh?

Let me put it in a way that's more likely to get a rise out of somebody:

What most of you have done to me, as a man, is precisely what you claim to abhor when done to woman.  Based only on the knowledge that I'm a man and not a feminist, you stereotyped me as a sexist, resentful, close-minded, self-loathing Neanderthal.

It's obvious you don't like your most cherished prejudices challenged, but are you hypocrites as well?

#3 January 10th, 2005 01:31 AM

Belgareth

samknox wrote:

No takers, huh?

Let me put it in a way that's more likely to get a rise out of somebody:

What most of you have done to me, as a man, is precisely what you claim to abhor when done to woman.  Based only on the knowledge that I'm a man and not a feminist, you stereotyped me as a sexist, resentful, close-minded, self-loathing Neanderthal.

It's obvious you don't like your most cherished prejudices challenged, but are you hypocrites as well?

Just accept that there are no takers.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#4 January 10th, 2005 02:07 AM

theda

#5 January 10th, 2005 02:25 AM

samknox

theda wrote:

Thanks for the link.  I registered as "elgato" only because I wasn't able to use any variation on "samknox".

#6 January 10th, 2005 02:54 AM

theda

samknox wrote:

Thanks for the link.  I registered as "elgato" only because I wasn't able to use any variation on "samknox".

el gato means "the cat", yes?

#7 January 10th, 2005 10:02 AM

samknox

theda wrote:

el gato means "the cat", yes?

Yes, but it doesn't refer to a feline.

I have a whitewater cataraft, "cat" for short.

Board footer