#1 June 25th, 2005 01:43 PM

reneeM

Hello! I'm new here

I've just joined after lurking for a bit. I had a dream after a lurking session, and in the dream was someone named Liandra Dahl. I thought "What a beautiful name" and then remembered where I had first seen it. Liandra Dahl was calling me!

After joining and seeing her and all the beautiful, brave women here I am so happy I did. What an incredible place where women can achieve such beautiful self-expression of their sexuality.

The intellectual level here is totally unexpected and such a plus.

I'm so glad I joined.  Thank you to all you beautiful women.

#2 June 25th, 2005 06:13 PM

voyeur2

Re: Hello! I'm new here

reneeM wrote:

I've just joined after lurking for a bit. I had a dream after a lurking session, and in the dream was someone named Liandra Dahl. I thought "What a beautiful name" and then remembered where I had first seen it. Liandra Dahl was calling me!

After joining and seeing her and all the beautiful, brave women here I am so happy I did. What an incredible place where women can achieve such beautiful self-expression of their sexuality.

So, welcome to the verbal side ar least.  I have seen by the number ov views of various threads that lurkers are by far the majority.

A couple of questions for you if you care to reply.  (Though this might be for a different thread.)

For you lurkers out there, and forum contributors
Have you thought of becoming a contributing artist? 
Have you thought of doing your own shoot yourself, just for your own private viewing?

Have I ever lied to you before?

#3 June 25th, 2005 06:16 PM

Belgareth

reneeM wrote:

Welcome reneeM. From a female psychotherapist, that's one hell of an acolade for Liandra and for the site and, if Liandra can pull like that, she deserves a medal!

As you have discovered, the girls on here aren't just boobs and bums, they do have brains as well ans some of the guys aren't bad either ;-)

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#4 June 25th, 2005 08:37 PM

voyeur2

And I forgot the question -
do you get any insights from this site that are relevant to your work?

#5 June 26th, 2005 12:05 AM

reneeM

Thannk you for the nice replies.

As far as posting myself, I don't think I'd make the cut. But I've aged well.

While in college, I did pose in a life drawing class and I quite enjoyed it.

Of course, I think most women who visit or lurk here might enjoy the fantasy of posting. There is interesting thinking about why women like to expose and men like to look, and it has to do with evolutionary necessity and propagation. Sometimes these things can be fun!

My work, unfortunately, has to do with the darker side of things. I try to keep a balanced life to nullify the effects of seeing what I deal with every day; the damage we inflict on one another can be so profound.

What I see here is just the opposite: healthy beings having some fun with the sexual part of their lives. I admire the courage and the trust the women who post on this site must have.

A clinical note about my muse Liandra Dahl: she's hot!

#6 June 26th, 2005 12:12 AM

liandra_dahl

reneeM wrote:

My god, I have never been so flattered in my whole life! I'm not only a contributor but I am also a huge fan of ISM, everything it expresses and the people behind its existance. I am glad to have made my way into you Id, and for that to have manifested itself as your decision to actively participate in all the fun.

#7 June 26th, 2005 12:49 AM

Belgareth

reneeM wrote:

Of course, I think most women who visit or lurk here might enjoy the fantasy of posting. There is interesting thinking about why women like to expose and men like to look, and it has to do with evolutionary necessity and propagation. Sometimes these things can be fun!

My work, unfortunately, has to do with the darker side of things. I try to keep a balanced life to nullify the effects of seeing what I deal with every day; the damage we inflict on one another can be so profound.

What I see here is just the opposite: healthy beings having some fun with the sexual part of their lives. I admire the courage and the trust the women who post on this site must have.

As a psycholigist you should already have realised that the two statements you have made with "I don't think I'd make the cut. But I've aged well." are a logical dichotomy. I am told by youger people that I have aged well but I also know that my body does not have the aesthetic attributes which it had in earlier years. However, I am still proud of it and would not be averse to placing it in a "non-to-public" arena such as ISM, if the ethos of the site would allow it.

We are all the worst critics of our own bodies and, from what the contributors have said and from my own beliefs, ISM allows you to see yourself objectively as others see you, rather than subjectively as you see yourself.

It is interesting that some of the youngest contributors have said that they would not want to see "old" people shoot themselves. I find this rather interesting as age is not a disability, simply something that everyone ultimately attained. Age doesn't change people. Beligerent young people become "cantankerous old buggers", whilst pleasant, caring young people remain the same into old age. Thanks to gravity and the slow loss of agility, the only thing which changes is their outward appearance.

Ooops - me thinks I overextended my reply - Sorry people!

Final word - I agree with your succinct clinical analysis!

#8 June 26th, 2005 02:40 AM

SCSIgirl

reneeM wrote:

>>>  snipped for brevity<<<<

About aging well,  here's a note you might find interesting.  In Santa Cruz there are many unofficial "nudist" beaches.  There you will find all ages from children up to seniors.  However,  most of our beaches are cold so only the "tough" survive there.

On the other hand,  the only "naturalist" resort in the South Bay is Lupin,  in the hills above Los Gatos.  The fees are high but what is most interesting is that there are no "young people".  There are childern but then there is a hugh age gap.  The average adult age there is about 45.  The average body style is obese.  There are a few young adults and a few average bodies, but not in proportion with the overall population.  For that,  you need to go to the beaches.

The point I'm trying to make is that "aging well" is a state of mind.  There are old , obese people perfectly willing to run around nude with others.  You don't have to be perfect.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#9 June 26th, 2005 03:16 AM

reneeM

Liandra, you should be flattered, and I appreciate your acceptance of that.

Aging is a stae of mind and body. I've done well with both. Hmmm. Maybe I would make the cut!

#10 June 26th, 2005 06:23 AM

voyeur2

reneeM wrote:

Aging is a stae of mind and body. I've done well with both. Hmmm. Maybe I would make the cut!

I think you should give it a whirl, girl.  Even if just for your own curiosity and you never send it in.

But on another note it has been mentioned to Head a few times that it might be interesting to have another parallel section.  One available only to, say extra members who post in forum or whatever.  I think the interest is there, and a surcharge might make it financially viable to support.  It is the same philosophy, just less commercial.

One containing anyone who did not make the cut - for whatever reason, but most especially for being outside the rather elevated minimum standard for female beauty.  And men if they wish. 

I think that when it comes to men they are very shy about public self exposure.  Perhaps a link between this, the fact that most lawmakers, religious and secular, worldwide are male, have always been male?

#11 June 27th, 2005 09:52 PM

liandra_dahl

reneeM wrote:

Your right, and I should of thanked you, gosh whatever happened to my manners. Thank you. I hope it was a nice dream that my name/ I featured in.

Don't think about it, do it. My curiosity is all aflame.

#12 June 28th, 2005 12:06 AM

reneeM

I want to dream about you again.

#13 June 29th, 2005 01:39 PM

liandra_dahl

reneeM wrote:

I want to dream about you again.

If it was in my power to grant such things, I'd be more than happy to.

#14 June 29th, 2005 11:48 PM

wantingscott

i reccommmend the psychotropic Seroquel. it seems to elevate one's consciousness during sleep. i've had what i believe to be actual conversatiuons with other people, imho.

Scott

#15 June 30th, 2005 07:18 AM

reneeM

wantingscott wrote:

i reccommmend the psychotropic Seroquel. it seems to elevate one's consciousness during sleep. i've had what i believe to be actual conversatiuons with other people, imho.

Scott

What it does is induce a medication-induced delerium, which is a consciousness reducer.

Seroquel is an old, dangerous psychotropic with many side-efects. It's used, with extreme care and in conjunction with other medications, in the chronically mentally ill who may become dangerous to self or others.

Recommending the abuse of this drug is cavalier and irresponsible. Showing off, are we? Or are you just failing to be funny? Or, worse, are you serious?

Flame me if you wish.

#16 June 30th, 2005 07:23 AM

reneeM

liandra_dahl wrote:

If it was in my power to grant such things, I'd be more than happy to.

Thank you.

#17 June 30th, 2005 08:43 AM

voyeur2

reneeM wrote:

What it does is induce a medication-induced delerium, which is a consciousness reducer.

Seroquel is an old, dangerous psychotropic with many side-efects. It's used, with extreme care and in conjunction with other medications, in the chronically mentally ill who may become dangerous to self or others.

Recommending the abuse of this drug is cavalier and irresponsible. Showing off, are we? Or are you just failing to be funny? Or, worse, are you serious?

Flame me if you wish.

reneeM I think youir response is spot on.  I take a number of drugs daily.  Would you believe a total of around 20 pills.  Some are psychotropic.  I am closely monitored by the mediccal team caring for me, and would never suggest to anyone that they take any drug except under a qualified doctor's supervision.

Side effects can include kidney and other organ damage (your body does process and eliminate these drugs, after all,  otherwise all you would need is the first pill.)

This is not to mention the  interaction of drugs, their side effects can be fatal.

Never ever self prescribe.

that's my rant for the day.

Sorry Scott, I know you meant well, perhaps did not know the implications of the advice - if it was indeed advice, or were you bragging about a side effect you get?

#18 June 30th, 2005 11:22 PM

wantingscott

reneeM, i'm not going to flame you. i read your profile and saw that you were a psychotherapist. i'm deeply sorry if i came off as cavalier and insulting. i just wanted to start a conversation with an interesting person.

yes, i am mentally ill, as many on the board know, and i need to take Seroquel. i have experienced 3 years of a sort of freedom not known before. the side effect of unbelievably lucid dreams is an added comfort to me.

i am deeply sorry.

Scott

#19 July 1st, 2005 05:51 AM

goopher

reneeM wrote:

reneeM, you have obviously realised that this is not a site like all those others.  Here people care for each other,(well most of them do) and most appreciate the human body in all its many many forms.  If you submit a folio and aren't successful, that says so much more about others than about you, and here I agree with the earlier post that suggested a site for all those who haven't made the cut.  This isn't one of those abhorrent beauty contests after all.

You are going away now for a while, so it may be some time before you personally read this.  But I'm sure that you would be surprised by the support you would have if you submitted a portfolio.  As I said at the beginning - go for it.

Finally, keep up the good work professionally.  The world needs all the good people it can get.

#20 July 1st, 2005 06:23 AM

Belgareth

wantingscott wrote:

reneeM, i'm not going to flame you. i read your profile and saw that you were a psychotherapist. i'm deeply sorry if i came off as cavalier and insulting. i just wanted to start a conversation with an interesting person.

yes, i am mentally ill, as many on the board know, and i need to take Seroquel. i have experienced 3 years of a sort of freedom not known before. the side effect of unbelievably lucid dreams is an added comfort to me.

i am deeply sorry.

Scott

Scott - If you will allow me - I would like to come down on both sides of the posts from youself and reneeM.

I understand where you were coming from and why you made that statement. The discuss was, sort of, about dream enhancement and Seroquel certainly appears, subjectively, to induce a dream enhanced state.

On the other side of the coin, as reneeM rightly states in an objective context, in isolation it is a very dangerous drug and requires very careful control.

I know what contributing to this forum means to you and I believe that we are also rewarded by your various quips and insights.

I respect both yourself and reneeM. so can the both of you metaphorically shake hands over a misunderstanding because I think that you could learn a lot from each other.

#21 July 1st, 2005 10:39 AM

wantingscott

cheers to that!

Scott

Board footer