#1 May 15th, 2005 06:55 PM

Belgareth

Performance Problem?

There seems to have been a problem with access to ISM over the last 12-18 hours. The server was obviously up and running and responding within a few milliseconds but the web site was, at times, very slow and frequently inaccessible. I was wondering if this was due to ISM's increasing popularity and insufficient machine resource. Perhaps Shannon can throw some light on it for me?

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#2 May 15th, 2005 09:44 PM

zimbonies

Re: Performance Problem?

I also noticed that we didn't get our standard overload / reload yesterday.  The vid of Jules (which I really enjoyed, BTW) was posted originally on the 13th, but then it shows up on the 14th as the overload.  Could it be the jinx of Friday the 13th?!  smile

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#3 May 15th, 2005 11:19 PM

Head

There was something running on the server which had been cumulatively using memory since Friday, and we didn't know about it until the site slowed down noticeably.  All fixed now.  Jules is today's Extra - yes the clip accidentally went up for a few hours on the 12th but the scheduled Extra for that day was Mirjana.

#4 May 15th, 2005 11:59 PM

Belgareth

Head wrote:

There was something running on the server which had been cumulatively using memory since Friday, and we didn't know about it until the site slowed down noticeably.  All fixed now.  Jules is today's Extra - yes the clip accidentally went up for a few hours on the 12th but the scheduled Extra for that day was Mirjana.

Thanks Head. It all seems to be back to normal again now, even the forum isn't stressed out any more.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#5 May 16th, 2005 11:19 PM

wantingscott

lets give it up for Head!!!!
yay, Head!!!

#6 May 16th, 2005 11:38 PM

MrPicMe

You'll always get a standing 'O' for Head from me!

Board footer