#1 May 13th, 2005 11:31 PM

wantingscott

Opera!!!

this is for you, Head:

my favorite opera song was made famous when sung by the beautiful baritone pipes of Andreas Boccelli. the song?  "Con te Partiro". It is so sad... here are the lyrics. I would gladly sing them for you at the top of my lungs, as i am wont to do down in Rockefeller Park by the Marina...

"Quando sono solo
Sogno all’orizzonte
E mancan le parole
Si lo so che non c’? luce
In una stanza quando manca il sole
Se non ci sei tu con me, con me
Su le finestre
Mostra a tutti il mio cuore
Che hai accesso
Chiudi dentro me
La luce
Che hai incontrato per strada.

Con te partiro
Paesi che non ho mai
Veduto e vissuto con te
Adesso si li vivr?
Con te partiro
Su navi per mari
Che io lo so
No no non esistono pi?
Con te io li rivivro.

Quando sei lontana
Sogno all’orizzonte
E mancan le parole
E io si lo so
Che sei con me con me
Tu mia luna tu sei qui con me
Mio sole tu sei qui con me,
Con me, con me, con me.

Con te partiro
Paesi che non ho mai
Veduto e vissuto con te
Adesso s? li vivr?
Con te partir?
Su navi per mari
Che io lo so
No no non esistono pi?
Con te io li rivivr?
Con te partir?
Su navi per mari
Che io lo so
No no non esistono pi?
Con te io li rivivr?
Con te partiro.
Io con te."

He sings of the death of his lover, and how he looks out the window every day at the oceans, to the horizons of foreign lands he never sailed to with her...  But, one day, they will reunite, and sail those oceans to lands unseen for all eternity... Gives me the chills...

wscott

#2 May 14th, 2005 01:44 AM

nagaloo

Re: Opera!!!

Isn't  this a little hibrow?
Will the kids understand?
Quote Unfriendly Giant "We don't do this show for the kids anyway" LOL

I must admit I do like some of it. I just stuck Opera Babes in my CD player. LOL

Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#3 May 14th, 2005 02:09 AM

wantingscott

nah, Stew, don't worry. i still have PLENTY of high friends in low places... wink
it's just that on the Master Bation thread, head lamented "damn, last week we were talking about opera..."

rent the movie "RONIN" w/ Bobbie DeNiro, you'll hear this song "Con te Partiro". plus Ronin is a must-see for any John Frankenheimer car-chase choreography fans... superb film...

wscott

#4 May 14th, 2005 06:02 AM

Gimme_Danger

wantingscott wrote:

nah, Stew, don't worry. i still have PLENTY of high friends in low places... wink
it's just that on the Master Bation thread, head lamented "damn, last week we were talking about opera..."

rent the movie "RONIN" w/ Bobbie DeNiro, you'll hear this song "Con te Partiro". plus Ronin is a must-see for any John Frankenheimer car-chase choreography fans... superb film...

wscott

scotty, I think you've been doing some selective reading.....

" *sigh* and just last week we were talking about art. "

...someone put that cat in a bag! tongue

#5 May 14th, 2005 09:47 AM

SCSIgirl

wantingscott wrote:

wscott

well,  like we say in my industry:  "Backstage:  where high tech and low life collide"

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

Board footer