#1 February 28th, 2022 02:41 AM

jondavid

Financial Assistance for Ukranian Contributors?

Hello,

I was wondering if ISM administrators have attempted to contact Ukranian artists who have contributed to this website?  If so, I would imagine other members in addition to me would donate towards a "GoFundMe"-type fundraiser should ISM set one up to assist these women who may need help.  I understand this may seem like taking a political stance, but in my mind anyway, it seems like humanitarian aid.

Thanks for considering this.

#2 February 28th, 2022 09:08 AM

Miss_Katia

Re: Financial Assistance for Ukranian Contributors?

Yes we have been in contact with one contributor, who isn't published yet, and she's fled to Prague, but has fears for her sister, who is in the Ukranian army.  And also for family who remain in Kyiv. We are trying to arrange some financial assistance for her.  We did contact one other but haven't heard back, and with all that's going on and the difficulties they have even communicating with their own families, it's not appropriate for us to try to capture their attention.

What you propose is commendable but unfortunately would be impossible to set up, logistically.  We hope you all, like us, wish Ukraine victory with as little bloodshed as possible.  Also we have corresponded with a Russian contributor who is embarrassed and saddened at what's going on.  They are also affected, as we it looks like we'll be unable to get payment to them, so we're unable to invite further contributions.

Miss Katia, ISM Editor

#3 February 28th, 2022 10:17 AM

jondavid

Re: Financial Assistance for Ukranian Contributors?

Thanks for ISM's efforts.

Board footer