#1 June 28th, 2021 10:11 AM

Miss_Katia

Memorable Contributions

Goooodmorning ISM, I hope everyone is keeping warm. It was 3 degrees when I left for work this morning - yikes!

I was wondering which contributions and folios have left a memorable imprint in your mind and why? This can reference a folio going back five years ago, or even last week!

Miss Katia, ISM Editor

#2 July 1st, 2021 12:53 AM

lorbtim

Re: Memorable Contributions

Redbird. Always Redbird. The humor, the toys, the books, the scenery, her magnificent hair, her bright eyes, the timespan across all her folios.

#3 July 1st, 2021 05:57 PM

redbird

Gah, lorbtim WHUT!? Awh! That's really nice of you to say, I'm blushing over here. I can't believe it was over 13 years ago when I first submitted a shoot. I was so terrified and lacked so much confidence from my years of being an incredibly gawky dorky teen. ISM has helped me immeasurably with self confidence and learning to love my perceived flaws.

#4 July 2nd, 2021 01:12 PM

_hyperballad_

Anything by Nio, I have loved everything submitted by Black_Pearl & Dwam is an incredible artist.

#5 July 2nd, 2021 02:21 PM

redbird

_hyperballad_ wrote:

Anything by Nio, I have loved everything submitted by Black_Pearl & Dwam is an incredible artist.

8000% with you there HB!! I was not previously familiar with Black_Pearl though, how the flip did I miss her!?! Thank you for making me aware of her though, her shoots are really gorgeous.

If you're talking about contributions from more than 5 years ago - I've always really adored Maddison, Nel, Sequin_Smut, Dwam and Reyna.

More recent people though are - Ann_H (she's possibly my favourite person on the whole site?), Iris_M, Taylor_K, Piper_A, and Maggie_Finn.

#6 July 5th, 2021 11:19 AM

Miss_Katia

lorbtim wrote:

Redbird. Always Redbird. The humor, the toys, the books, the scenery, her magnificent hair, her bright eyes, the timespan across all her folios.

Yes! Redbird is a stunner!

Miss Katia, ISM Editor

#7 July 5th, 2021 11:21 AM

Miss_Katia

_hyperballad_ wrote:

Oooo Dwam's black and white folios! (I'm a sucker for black and white imagery)

Miss Katia, ISM Editor

#8 July 5th, 2021 11:25 AM

Miss_Katia

redbird wrote:
_hyperballad_ wrote:

8000% with you there HB!! I was not previously familiar with Black_Pearl though, how the flip did I miss her!?! Thank you for making me aware of her though, her shoots are really gorgeous.

If you're talking about contributions from more than 5 years ago - I've always really adored Maddison, Nel, Sequin_Smut, Dwam and Reyna.

More recent people though are - Ann_H (she's possibly my favourite person on the whole site?), Iris_M, Taylor_K, Piper_A, and Maggie_Finn.

Maddison with the saved head *gasp* *hearteyes*

Ann_H is super cute - great folios, and also yes yes yes to Iris_M, Taylor_K + Piper_A!

Miss Katia, ISM Editor

#9 July 9th, 2021 06:17 AM

LBloomSaffron

I am abject in my appreciation of Alma_G; her "aufallen" set has her baring an incredible scowl like she's about to tear through my screen. I love it! She has a wonderful smile coupled with her eyebrows.

Felicity_D did some great stuff with mirrors on "SpineTingling" with Eloise. Rosalie_G was dashing with that little lace corsage (?) in her hair.

"They say that the Devil is a charming man.
And just like you, I bet he can dance."
-Kate Bush, "Heads We're Dancing"

#10 July 9th, 2021 09:36 AM

Miss_Katia

LBloomSaffron wrote:

I am abject in my appreciation of Alma_G; her "aufallen" set has her baring an incredible scowl like she's about to tear through my screen. I love it! She has a wonderful smile coupled with her eyebrows.

Felicity_D did some great stuff with mirrors on "SpineTingling" with Eloise. Rosalie_G was dashing with that little lace corsage (?) in her hair.

I haven't seen Alma_G previously, thank you for introducing me. Her eyebrows - yesss.

Also I'm currently editing Rosalie_G's reload, woo!

Miss Katia, ISM Editor

#11 July 9th, 2021 11:01 AM

ashmedi

Hey Katia <3

Do you have any idea when Rosalie will go back up again?
Certain Secret Admirers are waiting with mounting anticipation wink

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#12 July 9th, 2021 12:43 PM

Miss_Katia

ashmedi wrote:

Hey Katia <3

Hello Ashmedi :-)

It's not set in concrete however at this stage she is scheduled to go up mid-ish August!

Miss Katia, ISM Editor

#13 July 9th, 2021 09:49 PM

ashmedi

Miss_Katia wrote:
ashmedi wrote:

Hey Katia <3

It's not set in concrete however at this stage she is scheduled to go up mid-ish August!

Thanks Katia <3 *hug*
You have slightly different idioms than we do, on the opposite side of the world we say "It's not carved in stone"
Now I have another reason to wake up, but it will probably be a long 5 to 7 weeks  wink

You have probably left for the weekend, hope it was a good one xo

Last edited by ashmedi (July 11th, 2021 10:40 AM)

Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#14 July 12th, 2021 09:53 AM

Miss_Katia

ashmedi wrote:
Miss_Katia wrote:
ashmedi wrote:

Hey Katia <3

Thanks Katia <3 *hug*
You have slightly different idioms than we do, on the opposite side of the world we say "It's not carved in stone"
Now I have another reason to wake up, but it will probably be a long 5 to 7 weeks  wink

*hugs back*

Lots of people also use 'carved in stone' here too however I'm more of a 'set in concrete' kind of gal. What part of the world are you based if you don't mind me asking?

Miss Katia, ISM Editor

#15 July 12th, 2021 10:55 AM

ashmedi

Miss_Katia wrote:
ashmedi wrote:
Miss_Katia wrote:

Thanks Katia <3 *hug*

*hugs back*

Lots of people also use 'carved in stone' here too however I'm more of a 'set in concrete' kind of gal. What part of the world are you based if you don't mind me asking?

I am in London, Ontario, Canada... about 120 miles from Toronto, and 120 miles from Detroit, Michigan, USA... London is equidistant from Lake Huron and Lake Erie, 2 of the 5 Great Lakes...

Last edited by ashmedi (July 12th, 2021 04:55 PM)

#16 July 12th, 2021 11:58 AM

Miss_Katia

ashmedi wrote:
Miss_Katia wrote:
ashmedi wrote:

Thanks Katia <3 *hug*

*hugs back*

I am in London, Ontario, Canada... about 120 miles from Toronto, and 120 miles from Detroit, Michigan, USA... London is equidistant from Lake Huron and Lake Erie, 20 of the 5 Great Lakes...

Ahhh! If the pandemic ever ends in my lifetime, I'd LOVE to visit Canada one day. Fingers and toes crossed.

Miss Katia, ISM Editor

Board footer