#26 October 25th, 2004 11:13 PM

theda

Re: Hello, my folio was just put up

I find Kelly Deals bands seem to have the similar sound and outlook[/QUOTE]

do you mean the breeders with kim and kelly deal or kelly's solo project? haven't heard kelly's band kelly deal 2000 but i love the breeders although last album kind of sucked
but at least kim deal is back in the pixies! woo!

#27 October 27th, 2004 09:44 PM

enigmatic3

theda wrote:

I find Kelly Deals bands seem to have the similar sound and outlook

do you mean the breeders with kim and kelly deal or kelly's solo project? haven't heard kelly's band kelly deal 2000 but i love the breeders although last album kind of sucked
but at least kim deal is back in the pixies! woo![/QUOTE]

Kim Deal, one of the earth's finest women wink  Actually I met her about 12 years ago too but could barely speak with the excitement of the moment - it was KIM DEAL!!!  She probably thought I was slightly insane.  I didn't get to see any of the reunion shows sadly - I was pretty surprised they decided to get back together since I'd always heard that Kim had fallen out pretty badly with Black Francis.  Agree re. the last Breeders album, wasn't a patch on the first two.

#28 October 27th, 2004 09:50 PM

enigmatic3

theda wrote:

...i think the heartbreak of uma has taken its toll poor bastard.

Uma as in Uma?  As in Ethan Hawke?  I didn't know he was involved with her in any way, seems so unlikely.  Anyway I think he's always been that withdrawn.  And what is it with that cap?  He *never* takes it off...

#29 October 28th, 2004 02:30 AM

onedaddy

theda wrote:

but at least kim deal is back in the pixies! woo!

yep Breeders ['last splash' was great] and Kelly Deal 6000 'Go To The Sugar Altar' is recomended.

My membership expired and I am in no position to do anything about it just now..will be back in a few weeks for some more. Hell, I may even upgrade to extra

#30 October 29th, 2004 10:33 PM

theda

enigmatic3 wrote:

Uma as in Uma?  As in Ethan Hawke?  I didn't know he was involved with her in any way, seems so unlikely.  Anyway I think he's always been that withdrawn.  And what is it with that cap?  He *never* takes it off...

they were at high school together and i've read a few articles that say they were together in high school and he never got over her. but i'm not sure if thats strictly true or not..i know he makes fun of it a lot, if you'v ever seen 1991: The Year Punk Broke, J and Kim Gorden have a hilarious conversation about her..."some guy set himself on fire and no one cared cos Uma wasn't around anymore..."

Yeah the cap is cool. He's not wearing it these days anymore. He just lets his long grey hair out and flow.
I love that Spike Jonz clip where he's the golfer...so funny.

#31 October 30th, 2004 07:16 AM

enigmatic3

theda wrote:

if you'v ever seen 1991: The Year Punk Broke, J and Kim Gorden have a hilarious conversation about her..."some guy set himself on fire and no one cared cos Uma wasn't around anymore..."

Yeah the cap is cool. He's not wearing it these days anymore. He just lets his long grey hair out and flow.
I love that Spike Jonz clip where he's the golfer...so funny.

I do have the 1991: TYPB video, never paid any attention to that convo before now.  Will have to watch it again... What a great film that is, such a shame Dave Markey didn't go on to do even better things.  The performance of I Love Her All The Time is fantastically intense and the whole film captures that period of time so well.  Oh and great Gumball performance, what ever happened to them??

There's an excellent Spike Jonz DVD which you should check out, has all his stuff with commentaries, etc.  Very very talented guy but a little, um, eccentric wink I'm not surprised Sofia broke up with him.

#32 October 30th, 2004 12:18 PM

theda

enigmatic3 wrote:

There's an excellent Spike Jonz DVD which you should check out, has all his stuff with commentaries, etc.  Very very talented guy but a little, um, eccentric wink I'm not surprised Sofia broke up with him.

Yeah you can get the dvd with two other directors, Chris Cunningham (his work is amazing) and Michel Gondray who directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. He has some really cool clips but it's basically the same idea rehashed a thousand times so watching them all in a row gets a little boring.
As for Spike and Sofia, Spike is now dating Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs! If I were Spike I'd rather date Karen than Sofia anytime, as much as I adore Lost In Translation, she's a little moody, and Karen O is my personal goddess.

Board footer