#1 September 17th, 2004 08:43 PM

theda

Hello, my folio was just put up

Hey there, my folio "Clover" was just put up. Take a look and let me know what you think, I'd love to hear people's comments.
Although I'm a bit self concious about what a mess the room was when I did the shoot! I'm a very messy person!

-Theda

#2 September 17th, 2004 11:14 PM

drummerjoe

Re: Hello, my folio was just put up

theda wrote:

Although I'm a bit self concious about what a mess the room was when I did the shoot! I'm a very messy person!

-Theda

No, it was great!
I always prefer it if you leave the room how it is, because its the 'naturalness' that I like about this site!
I loved the shots of your eyes - very captivating....and your hair too smile
Are you interested in doing another shoot? you certainly should be proud of this one

#3 September 18th, 2004 06:29 AM

Belgareth

theda wrote:

Hey there, my folio "Clover" was just put up. Take a look and let me know what you think, I'd love to hear people's comments.

-Theda

Hey, your personal presentation contradicts your "I'm a very messy person!" statement, or is that part of the self-concious bit of you ;-).

Loved the folio, messy backgroud or no. Let's see another one soon.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#4 September 18th, 2004 08:50 AM

onedaddy

theda wrote:

-Theda

and that's why I said I'd never lend you my records again!

Seriously tho, I enjoy the snooping around the room/flat as much as the girl in the shoot. It kinda gives an insight into the personality of the shooter.

By the same token, I feel I would pretty much know my way around the ishotmyself warehouse/garage as I've seen so many of the folios shot in the same location...usually the toilet.

#5 September 18th, 2004 12:49 PM

Head

onedaddy wrote:

By the same token, I feel I would pretty much know my way around the ishotmyself warehouse/garage as I've seen so many of the folios shot in the same location...usually the toilet.

There has been one shot in the office loo and it isn't even up yet!  Methinks you're cynical.

#6 September 19th, 2004 04:43 AM

BillyBear

theda wrote:

-Theda

Trust me, no one was looking at how messy your room might be. A lovely young woman like yourself will get ALL of our attention.
;-)

#7 September 19th, 2004 02:57 PM

theda

thanks for your comments. i have a reload coming up soon, in that one i've gone blonde and sort of did a retro kind of theme, hopefully that one will be up soon!

#8 September 19th, 2004 03:49 PM

theda

[QUOTE=onedaddy]and that's why I said I'd never lend you my records again!

hahahha thats hilarious!

#9 September 21st, 2004 06:59 PM

djdanafc

Theda, you looked truly lovely in your folio. What's not to love about you?

I really hope we'll see some more of you in different surroundings. I personally would love to see you outdoors or bathing.

I enjoyed the set cos you went for a certain look and pulled it off. I could have easily been looking at a young and sexy movie star.

Well cheers for now, hopefully you'll do another folio with a bit of a difference in look/style. Until then, thanks.

#10 October 14th, 2004 12:24 AM

theda

if i was allowed to do another one yeah i think a different style would be cool...i'm thinking pink hair and a ramones tshirt!

#11 October 14th, 2004 01:25 AM

onedaddy

theda wrote:

if i was allowed to do another one...

Hey Theda, whats to stop you? Pink hair sounds great

#12 October 14th, 2004 02:15 AM

Head

theda wrote:

if i was allowed to do another one yeah i think a different style would be cool...i'm thinking pink hair and a ramones tshirt!

Please submit that folio immediately!

#13 October 14th, 2004 04:04 AM

soneil

Head wrote:

Be careful of the shirt you pick... we don't need another T-Shirt Slogan  thread started. LOL.

#14 October 14th, 2004 05:36 AM

philos

theda wrote:

You're a sensational woman, Theda.  Another shoot would be just what the doctor ordered.  Pink hair? OK, I'm sure you'll do something dramatic to entertain us.  Ramones T-shirt? OK, but is any kind of shirt necessary in the circumstances?  Please give us more pictures - you're the best!

#15 October 15th, 2004 04:32 AM

Belgareth

theda wrote:

Theda, you're cute, regardless of hair colour. Were you thinking of dying ALL of your hair pink? Now that WOULD be something else!

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#16 October 18th, 2004 11:00 PM

theda

Head wrote:

can i really?

gabba gabba hey

#17 October 18th, 2004 11:01 PM

theda

Belgareth wrote:

Theda, you're cute, regardless of hair colour. Were you thinking of dying ALL of your hair pink? Now that WOULD be something else!

why thankyou. i'd only do the fringe pink, i like my newly blonde hair far too much.

#18 October 18th, 2004 11:14 PM

theda

philos wrote:

You're a sensational woman, Theda.  Another shoot would be just what the doctor ordered.  Pink hair? OK, I'm sure you'll do something dramatic to entertain us.  Ramones T-shirt? OK, but is any kind of shirt necessary in the circumstances?  Please give us more pictures - you're the best!

your very sweet! thankyou. well yes i think its definetly time i did a tribute to the ramones, after all they only have one surviving member left the poor bastards all gone to an early grave save for marky. maybe i should get a ramones fringe for the occasion?

#19 October 19th, 2004 09:02 PM

philos

theda wrote:

i think its definetly time i did a tribute to the ramones?

Thank you for introducing me to the Ramones, Theda.  There's a lot of respect for the original '50s-'60s rock'n'roll in their music and that is my era - from Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis to the Beatles.
Looking forward to more pictures of you, you lovely thing (faints with desire)
- Philos

#20 October 22nd, 2004 07:30 PM

theda

philos wrote:

Thank you for introducing me to the Ramones, Theda.  There's a lot of respect for the original '50s-'60s rock'n'roll in their music and that is my era - from Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis to the Beatles.
Looking forward to more pictures of you, you lovely thing (faints with desire)
- Philos

thats excellent you had a listen to ramones
can i also reccomend the buzzcocks and sonic youth?

#21 October 22nd, 2004 10:32 PM

onedaddy

theda wrote:

thats excellent you had a listen to ramones
can i also reccomend the buzzcocks and sonic youth?

Theda, I knew you had class but a woman with taste as good as yours is a rare thing indeed! Sonic Youth - "Goo" is the one I'd recomend and whilst we are talking 'old school' Wire - 'Pink Flag' or 'Chairs Missing' are both excellent late 70's masterpieces.

More recent stuff: The Detroit Cobras - Mink Rat or Rabbit, The Dirtbombs - 'Ultraglide in Black' for that authentic lo-fi experience. Rock on!

#22 October 23rd, 2004 01:55 AM

theda

onedaddy wrote:

Theda, I knew you had class but a woman with taste as good as yours is a rare thing indeed! Sonic Youth - "Goo" is the one I'd recomend and whilst we are talking 'old school' Wire - 'Pink Flag' or 'Chairs Missing' are both excellent late 70's masterpieces.

More recent stuff: The Detroit Cobras - Mink Rat or Rabbit, The Dirtbombs - 'Ultraglide in Black' for that authentic lo-fi experience. Rock on!

goo is my absolute favourite sonic youth album...it is perfection..i can listen to that album all the way through without stopping ~swoon~
ever seen them live? they are beyond fantastic. was lucky enough to meet kim and thurston (and j masics funnily enough). thurston was lovely.

#23 October 23rd, 2004 05:03 PM

onedaddy

theda wrote:

goo is my absolute favourite sonic youth album...it is perfection..i can listen to that album all the way through without stopping ~swoon~
ever seen them live? they are beyond fantastic. was lucky enough to meet kim and thurston (and j masics funnily enough). thurston was lovely.

not live but I have some bootlegs [the wonder of the net huh?]...I was in Vegas shopping for music when I heard 'Kool Thing' played over the sound system at high volume. I didnt recognise it as Sonic Youth because I only had 'Bad Moon Rising' at that point but I asked the store girl who was playing. I had to buy it...that song has so much attitude.

I find Kelly Deals bands seem to have the similar sound and outlook

#24 October 25th, 2004 10:11 PM

enigmatic3

theda wrote:

I've seen them live 2 or 3 times, always good.  I met all of them at one show, in between soundcheck and gig, and found Lee and Steve to be the most talkative, Kim to be the least talkative and Thurston to be.... well, Thurston wink  Was J Mascis as withdrawn as he always seems?  Never liked Dinosaur Jr. as much as the Sonics.

#25 October 25th, 2004 11:12 PM

theda

enigmatic3 wrote:

I've seen them live 2 or 3 times, always good.  I met all of them at one show, in between soundcheck and gig, and found Lee and Steve to be the most talkative, Kim to be the least talkative and Thurston to be.... well, Thurston wink  Was J Mascis as withdrawn as he always seems?  Never liked Dinosaur Jr. as much as the Sonics.

Yeah I do love Dinosaur Jnr as well but yep not as much as Sonic Youth. When I met Kim she would hardly speak at all but I found Thurston to be really great (unlike some rockstars he actually looks you in the eyes and addresses you)and signed my Daydream Nation cd so I was chuffed. Yeah J Mascis was totally withdrawn...it was like
"hey j, how are you? I'm looking forward to the show tonight"
"ok....."
then he just goes...."um.....see ya"
age has not been kind to him. he used to be really cute ...i think the heartbreak of uma has taken its toll poor bastard.

i love sonic youth's new album, it's fantastic although it took me several listens to 'get it" now i think its one of their best.

yeah some friends of mine met lee as well and said he was really nice. i have crushes on lee and thurston.

Board footer