#26 April 7th, 2005 07:24 PM

EgonArbus

Re: sexiest moments in film history

Oh dear, everyone is so conservative! I have rejected american cinema post-1970 as I have come to the conclusion that they don't believe in feelings! And I refute any association between Godard and avant-garde, who wears dark glasses to hide from the world the fact that he's in a permanent state of ocular masturbation, rubbing himself off against anything and everything on which his eye alights, and that he keeps babbling on about the world being absurd because he can't keep an intellectual hard-on long enough to probe for any responsive warmth.  I have contempt for "Contempt" because I can't come to terms with the fact that Fritz Lang agreed to work for the letch, but I guess that's what hero's do - let you down!  You want sexy? Truffaut's 'Shoot the Piano Player' does it for me!

#27 April 7th, 2005 07:32 PM

liandra_dahl

EgonArbus wrote:

Oh dear, everyone is so conservative! I have rejected american cinema post-1970 as I have come to the conclusion that they don't believe in feelings! And I refute any association between Godard and avant-garde, who wears dark glasses to hide from the world the fact that he's in a permanent state of ocular masturbation, rubbing himself off against anything and everything on which his eye alights, and that he keeps babbling on about the world being absurd because he can't keep an intellectual hard-on long enough to probe for any responsive warmth.  I have contempt for "Contempt" because I can't come to terms with the fact that Fritz Lang agreed to work for the letch, but I guess that's what hero's do - let you down!  You want sexy? Truffaut's 'Shoot the Piano Player' does it for me!

Looks like the forum has dissappointed you again. Too boring before, too conservative now. I have to wonder why you keep coming back, might I suggest you shut up and just look at the pictures?

#28 April 7th, 2005 11:23 PM

tsunami

ilana wrote:

Hey guys, this is my first time on the forums but I just couldn't resist a 'what's you favourite bit from a movie?' question.

I'd have to say the scene in Aussie movie Somersault where Abby Cornish is dancing around her loungroom in her singlet and black stockings to David Bowie's 'My Coo Chi Coo' (at least I think it was David Bowie).  There's something so damn sexy about black school stockings over white undies with a singlet tucked in.  Perhaps some repressed throwback to my Catholic school days?

By the way Head, the scene you were describing of the girl and guy on the rollercoaster, I'm pretty sure that was from 'Fear'.  Crap movie but I agree - very sexy scene.

Wasn't "My CooChiCoo" someone really dodgy (not that I'm suggesting that David Bowie has NEVER been dodgy) like Alvin Stardust with leather gloves and rather too tight biker's gear et al?

Tsun(sorry about the pre-disaster name)ami

#29 April 7th, 2005 11:26 PM

tsunami

liandra_dahl wrote:

Looks like the forum has dissappointed you again. Too boring before, too conservative now. I have to wonder why you keep coming back, might I suggest you shut up and just look at the pictures?

Nicely put my dear, could've sworn his/her's head disappeared up their back passage half way through that pointless waffle :-)

Tsun-my membership will expire and I can change this goddamn nickname-ami

#30 April 8th, 2005 02:02 AM

Head

ilana wrote:

Hey guys, this is my first time on the forums but I just couldn't resist a 'what's you favourite bit from a movie?' question.

I'd have to say the scene in Aussie movie Somersault where Abby Cornish is dancing around her loungroom in her singlet and black stockings to David Bowie's 'My Coo Chi Coo' (at least I think it was David Bowie).  There's something so damn sexy about black school stockings over white undies with a singlet tucked in.  Perhaps some repressed throwback to my Catholic school days?

By the way Head, the scene you were describing of the girl and guy on the rollercoaster, I'm pretty sure that was from 'Fear'.  Crap movie but I agree - very sexy scene.

That's it, Fear!  Must rent that out again.  But I think Bowie woudln't be too pleased about being saddled with "my coo ca choo", it was Alvin Stardust.  Similar lines: "rebel rebel, it's on your dress" and "sweet-ness, I like your dress".  About the same time too.

#31 April 8th, 2005 02:36 AM

enigmatic3

EgonArbus wrote:

Oh dear, everyone is so conservative! I have rejected american cinema post-1970 as I have come to the conclusion that they don't believe in feelings!

What a strange thing to say.  In what way have you "rejected" it?  One of the best - if not the best - films of last year was Before Sunset, Richard Linklater's fantastic follow-up to Before Sunrise.  Try telling me that had no depth of emotion to it.  And Linklater's from Texas.

#32 April 8th, 2005 08:03 AM

EgonArbus

liandra_dahl wrote:

Liandra, how to address you? Are the rules of conduct in these forums to be predetermined and not imputed personally to those partaking? In observing such predefined patterns should i then 'function socially' as a component part of a social system which determines my conduct? The act of purchasing something in a shop is, for example, an anonymous action that in no way involves buyer and seller in personal relations.  Politeness is the archetype of this form of behaviour. Polite conduct is a refusal to establish a personal relationship by adhering to the rules of etiquette. Thus individuals make no pretence to originality and merely inhabit the role prescribed for them by circumstance. Politeness enables individuals to enter into a relationship without conflict insofar as they inhabit a series of social personae, without giving anything of themselves or committing themselves in any way.

#33 April 8th, 2005 04:32 PM

uberkaiser

EgonArbus wrote:

Liandra, how to address you? Are the rules of conduct in these forums to be predetermined and not imputed personally to those partaking? In observing such predefined patterns should i then 'function socially' as a component part of a social system which determines my conduct? The act of purchasing something in a shop is, for example, an anonymous action that in no way involves buyer and seller in personal relations.  Politeness is the archetype of this form of behaviour. Polite conduct is a refusal to establish a personal relationship by adhering to the rules of etiquette. Thus individuals make no pretence to originality and merely inhabit the role prescribed for them by circumstance. Politeness enables individuals to enter into a relationship without conflict insofar as they inhabit a series of social personae, without giving anything of themselves or committing themselves in any way.

Wow, talk about mental masturbation. 

You could have gotten your point across much more effectively with concise, unostentatious language, and not this pseudo-intellectual babble you've been spouting out.

I think you should heed Liandra's advice and stay quiet, look at the pretty pictures, and leave the masturbating to those of us who like to do it with our hands...

#34 July 16th, 2005 03:04 AM

wantingscott

i just re-watched one of my my favorite films. i haven't seen it since i was 16 (19 years ago sad

the ending of "Streets of Fire". Ellen Aim (Diane Lane) is on stage singing. Wearing a gorgeous floor-length tight red sequened gown, long sleeves, with the zipper totally unzipped in the back. Tearing the house down with her voice, and Tom Cody (Michael Pare) looks on from the back of the packed audience... Will he leave? Will he stay?

all i remember is the kick-ass dress. you ladies have all the fun!!!

wscott

#35 July 16th, 2005 02:36 PM

SCSIgirl

[QUOTE=voyeur2]From my personal top fifty movies:

Ellen Barkin and Al Pachino in Sea of Love, an outstanding movie, very gripping sexual tension in several scenes, the best possibly when she meets him near midnight in a grocery store - wearing nothing but a fur coat . . .

It is always best when there is mood and sexual tension, the viewer's imagination at play, rather than the gynecological point of view.

and listen to the song as the credits roll.  What a singer, what a voice.  I wish I could find a CD of that movie sound track.

Yeah,  I'd add that to the list.  BTW - happy belated Bastille Day.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#36 July 16th, 2005 02:39 PM

SCSIgirl

uberkaiser wrote:

3. The Name of the Rose, in the Cathedral...  need I say more?

Actually it was in one of the store rooms,  but what ever happened to that actress??

Probably one of Slater's best movies.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#37 July 16th, 2005 02:48 PM

SCSIgirl

theda wrote:

whats the sexiest scene you've ever seen in a film and why?

I'd have to vote for Victoria Abril in most any movie she has done.  The duckie in the bath has made me want to be a toy ever since.  Not to mention the hanging pipe scene with the cross dresser.

There is one other but it has slipped my brain cells at the moment.  Too much sun this past week.

As an after thought,  Angel Heart.  It's grusome and I've never thought much of Roarke but Lisa Bonet smokes every scene.

#38 July 16th, 2005 03:14 PM

SCSIgirl

[QUOTE=SCSIgirl]I'd have to vote for Victoria Abril in most any movie she has done.  The duckie in the bath has made me want to be a toy ever since.  Not to mention the hanging pipe scene with the cross dresser.

QUOTE]

OK,  let's add the Tara Fitzgerald in Sirens. 

Please forgive me for this very crass movie,  but DeMorney behind the bleachers in the remake of "And God Created Woman".

And this is from someone who like "tech" movies,  like 2001.

#39 July 18th, 2005 06:47 PM

No1Steelerfan

I watched few movies, and none of the 'Euro' flicks some have quoted.

One of my favorite sexual moments on film was the pool/mastubation scene with Phoebe Cates in 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High.'

Yea, I know... I'm weird. But I just know that at the time I though this was the sexiest thing I had ever seen.

But don't take my word for it. I thought 'Porky's' should have won the oscar that year.

#40 July 19th, 2005 01:11 AM

MrPicMe

RISKY BUSINESS: TOM CRUISE AND REBECCA DEMORNAY ON THE ROCKING CHAIR AND ON THE TRAIN WITH TANGERINE DREAM PLAYING THE SCORE!!!...

9 1/2 WEEKS: MICKY ROURQUE AND KIM BASSENGER WITH AN ICE CUBE IN THAT LITTLE HOUSE ON THE WATER AND IN THE ALLEY UNDER THE RAIN GUTTER GETTING ALL WET...

BASIC INSTINCT: MICHAEL DOUGLAS AND SHARON STONE IN MANY CHOICE MOMENTS. (NOT TO MENTION THE HEAT COMING OF THE OPENING SCENE IN THAT FILM)

BOUND: JENNIFER TILLEY AND GINA GERSHON!!! VERY HOT GIRL ON GIRL. (and I'm usually not in to watching that so much)

Summer...(someting): Daryl Hanna gets it on with another couple in Greece.(Depeche Mode playing "I just can't get enough" GREAT HOT WAX DRIPPING SCENE...

PS: SPEAKING OF DARYL HANNA, CLAN OF THE CAVEBEAR WHEN THAT PREHISTORIC DUDE SLIPS IT IN FROM BEHIND FOR SOME PREHISTORIC DOGGIE!!!

PPS: "10" BO DERIK AND THAT SHORT FUNNY DUDE GETTING IT ON TO BOLERO!

PPPS:(for you xxx fans) BARELY 18 III YOU KNOW THE AUDIO FROM THE HOWARD STERN SHOW "OH, OH!, OH! OH YEAH!!"

PPPPS: BLUE LAGOON TOO???

#41 July 19th, 2005 04:45 AM

wantingscott

MrPicMe wrote:

BOUND: JENNIFER TILLEY AND GINA GERSHON!!!

MPM,
hey man...
right on with BOUND. i have that in my DVD collection. that movie fascinates me. the way Joey Pants as "Chesere" is so frikken panick stricken and OCD through the whole film and Gina is just cool as a mofo as "Corky".

yeah. in my next life, THAT"S the kind of woman i want to come back as...

Scott

Board footer