#1 February 4th, 2005 01:14 PM

theda

sexiest moments in film history

whats the sexiest scene you've ever seen in a film and why?

#2 February 4th, 2005 02:37 PM

theda

Re: sexiest moments in film history

theda wrote:

I posted the question yet am struggling to come up with my own answers. Any answers I do have are tied up with romantic feelings as opposed to just "sexiness".
But I'll reveal anyhow...

the scene in amelie where they slowly kiss one another in different places (cheeks, neck etc). I love the shot of the cat falling asleep while they do it also. But its a gorgeous scene, I love it.

#3 February 4th, 2005 04:06 PM

jimmioz

theda wrote:

this isn't easy to think of something as you say...i haven't seen Betty Blue in a while but i think the opening scene with Beatrice Dalle and Jean-Hugues Anglade has to get a mention here and probably my vote...the reason - probably just its overall eroticism. it also raised the question amongst viewers if it was stimulated or actually real sex...

#4 February 4th, 2005 04:14 PM

theda

jimmioz wrote:

this isn't easy to think of something as you say...i haven't seen Betty Blue in a while but i think the opening scene with Beatrice Dalle and Jean-Hugues Anglade has to get a mention here and probably my vote...the reason - probably just its overall eroticism. it also raised the question amongst viewers if it was stimulated or actually real sex...

good answer, Betty Blue is a great film. Have you seen Romance? Real sex scenes were in that film. Same with Anatomy of Hell but I thought Romance was much better.

#5 February 4th, 2005 04:48 PM

jimmioz

theda wrote:

good answer, Betty Blue is a great film. Have you seen Romance? Real sex scenes were in that film. Same with Anatomy of Hell but I thought Romance was much better.

i haven't seen Romance but i intend to hire it out. baise moi is another with real sex scenes but haven't seen that. is that banned in australia? - if not is it available anywhere?

#6 February 4th, 2005 05:03 PM

theda

jimmioz wrote:

i haven't seen Romance but i intend to hire it out. baise moi is another with real sex scenes but haven't seen that. is that banned in australia? - if not is it available anywhere?

Yep it's banned but a particular video store in melbourne has a copy. I haven't gotten around to seeing that either. I hear its similiar to I Spit On Your Grave, which I also havent seen. That was banned over here then they unbanned it then banned it again. Silly censors. Can't make up their minds. Ken Park was also banned here but enough pirate copies exist that if you ask around you can see it. I still can't understand why that film was banned.

#7 February 4th, 2005 05:25 PM

jimmioz

theda wrote:

Yep it's banned but a particular video store in melbourne has a copy. I haven't gotten around to seeing that either. I hear its similiar to I Spit On Your Grave, which I also havent seen. That was banned over here then they unbanned it then banned it again. Silly censors. Can't make up their minds. Ken Park was also banned here but enough pirate copies exist that if you ask around you can see it. I still can't understand why that film was banned.

Censors just don't make sense sometimes but i guess they are under political pressure (still shouldn't justify their erratic behaviour!) when it comes to make some decisions. I checked a well known online book/music store based in the US and it seems I'm able to order Baise Moi and Ken Park on DVD, although i didn't go through with the order.

#8 February 4th, 2005 08:21 PM

capiango

theda wrote:

Im going off the top of my head but that scene with Holly Hunter and Harvey Keitel in The Piano sticks out.

#9 February 4th, 2005 10:31 PM

tsunami

Two movie sex scenes spring to mind...Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland in the classic Don't Look Now and, for it's furtive, realistic, desperate, we-could-die-any-bleedin'-minute fumblings...Enemy At The Gates with Jude Law and, erm, that English actress with the big eyes..oh yeah...Rachel Weisz. Nice.

theda wrote:

#10 February 4th, 2005 11:15 PM

Head

theda wrote:

The opening scene of Contempt, because it's Brigitte Bardot.

Twin Peaks where Audrey ties the cherry stem in a knot with her tongue....

When the english teacher Karen tells Gretchen in Donnie Darko: "Jjust sit next to the boy you think is the cutest"

But the best of all...and I can't think of the movie title but the scene involves a girl (duh), a bad guy with deft fingers, a rollercoaster, and the soundtrack is the Sunday's version of "wild horses".

#11 February 5th, 2005 12:30 AM

jimmioz

Head wrote:

Twin Peaks where Audrey ties the cherry stem in a knot with her tongue....

When the english teacher Karen tells Gretchen in Donnie Darko: "Jjust sit next to the boy you think is the cutest"

But the best of all...and I can't think of the movie title but the scene involves a girl (duh), a bad guy with deft fingers, a rollercoaster, and the soundtrack is the Sunday's version of "wild horses".

could be Buffy the Vampire Slayer? I never saw the show but i bought the soundtrack for $3 second hand from a record store - it does have Wild Horses by the Sundays on it...

#12 February 5th, 2005 12:40 AM

wantingscott

it's such a simple scene. but the part towards the end in "True Romance" when Alabama writes on a napkin "You're so cool" and shows it to Clarence. God, that just shows such deep sexy wild love. It really stuck with me.

#13 February 5th, 2005 01:37 AM

liz

wantingscott wrote:

it's such a simple scene. but the part towards the end in "True Romance" when Alabama writes on a napkin "You're so cool" and shows it to Clarence. God, that just shows such deep sexy wild love. It really stuck with me.

Pretty much any sex scene in "Better Than Chocolate."  I love the scene where they paint each other's bodies - so playful and sensual.  And I *love* the sex they have in the bathroom stall - it's slow and intimate, but also sizzling.  Gets me every time...

"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution."
            -Emma Goldman

#14 February 5th, 2005 03:42 AM

wantingscott

another great movie, from start to finish flat-out sexy was 1995's "When Night is Falling" with Pascal Bussieres. definitely the sexiest arthouse movie, imho.

#15 February 5th, 2005 08:43 AM

centrevom

I can't remember the actors, but I always remember the scene in "The Unbearabale Lightness of Being".

#16 February 5th, 2005 06:04 PM

capiango

centrevom wrote:

I can't remember the actors, but I always remember the scene in "The Unbearabale Lightness of Being".

That would be Lena Olin which leads me to remember another great scene with her in an early Gary Oldman film call Romeo is Bleeding... pretty bleeding hot that is! wink

#17 February 6th, 2005 09:46 AM

voyeur2

theda wrote:

From my personal top fifty movies:

Ellen Barkin and Al Pachino in Sea of Love, an outstanding movie, very gripping sexual tension in several scenes, the best possibly when she meets him near midnight in a grocery store - wearing nothing but a fur coat . . .

It is always best when there is mood and sexual tension, the viewer's imagination at play, rather than the gynecological point of view.

and listen to the song as the credits roll.  What a singer, what a voice.  I wish I could find a CD of that movie sound track.

Or check out the many many stunning visuals in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, the desert sex scenes as well are cool.

Have I ever lied to you before?

#18 February 6th, 2005 03:56 PM

theda

Head wrote:

the opening scene of contempt because its monsieur godard!!
I have yet to see it but hear it's wonderful and based on his marriage with Anna Karina which was falling apart at the time.

#19 February 8th, 2005 02:41 AM

enigmatic3

theda wrote:

The lovemaking scene on top of a WW2 barrage balloon in the middle of rural England, in Map Of The Human Heart.  Beautiful.  Mind you, that film has several other pretty incredible scenes that could rival it.

#20 February 8th, 2005 09:46 AM

Merricat

theda wrote:

The sex scene between Daniel Day Lewis and his co-star in My Beautiful Laundrette. Why? 'Cause hot men getting it on = fucking hot.

#21 February 10th, 2005 06:34 AM

DirtyD

theda wrote:

Monster Ball with Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thornton.  Wow, the first time they had sex, that was truely lustful.  Made my heart sink and desire for the same type of passion and wanting.  If you are not sure about the scene, Anyone want to act it out, I get to play Billy Bob.  LOL

#22 February 10th, 2005 11:38 AM

liandra_dahl

DirtyD wrote:

Monster Ball with Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thornton.  Wow, the first time they had sex, that was truely lustful.  Made my heart sink and desire for the same type of passion and wanting.  If you are not sure about the scene, Anyone want to act it out, I get to play Billy Bob.  LOL

I remember being pretty aroused (and erked) by the butter scene from last tango in paris, it really stuck in my head but I wouldn't want to act it out. I also liked the scene where Kate WInslet dresses Harvey Keitel up as a woman and then fucks him in Holy Smoke. It's also pretty sexy in thta movie when she pisses down her legs and turns there interaction up to that point on it's head. Also his desperate chasing her down the road, begging for her love in a tight black eighties monostrosity of a dress was comedically sexy.

#23 April 6th, 2005 04:12 PM

pixen

I couldn't resist posting a reply to this thread (even though its an oldie).

Y Tu Mama Tambien would have to be one of the sexiest films ever, no particular scene springs to mind...

I harbour fantasies about Prague after watching (and reading) The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Particularly the scene with Tomas, Sabine and her hat.

Oh and hello.

Piracy is the only option.

#24 April 7th, 2005 01:14 PM

uberkaiser

1. Last Tango in Paris, the infamous butter scene

2. Buffalo '66, the scene in the motel bed when they just lie there together and then slowly kiss

3. The Name of the Rose, in the Cathedral...  need I say more?

#25 April 7th, 2005 05:14 PM

ilana

Hey guys, this is my first time on the forums but I just couldn't resist a 'what's you favourite bit from a movie?' question.

I'd have to say the scene in Aussie movie Somersault where Abby Cornish is dancing around her loungroom in her singlet and black stockings to David Bowie's 'My Coo Chi Coo' (at least I think it was David Bowie).  There's something so damn sexy about black school stockings over white undies with a singlet tucked in.  Perhaps some repressed throwback to my Catholic school days?

By the way Head, the scene you were describing of the girl and guy on the rollercoaster, I'm pretty sure that was from 'Fear'.  Crap movie but I agree - very sexy scene.

Board footer