#1 April 1st, 2005 09:32 PM

nagaloo

Hey Head!! What about the Tattoos?

I love tattoos and there are some nice ones on some of the girls here. But some are hard to see because they are not the focus in some of the shoots. Any chance of getting some of the girls to get together and make a folio that features shots that are just the tattoos?

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#2 April 2nd, 2005 12:55 PM

Head

Re: Hey Head!! What about the Tattoos?

nagaloo wrote:

I love tattoos and there are some nice ones on some of the girls here. But some are hard to see because they are not the focus in some of the shoots. Any chance of getting some of the girls to get together and make a folio that features shots that are just the tattoos?

I think this post will serve that purpose.  But please, don't send in 100 pics of your tatts, you won't get accepted...

#3 April 2nd, 2005 10:47 PM

nagaloo

Well Steel by Miss Metal was my inspiration for starting this post. I started at a late age getting tattoos. I have 2 so far, both punched into me in 2004. And I have a few more in mind already. Another that comes to mind is the large tat on Liandra Dahl's hip and leg, its a nice big one. I will have to review the pics I downloaded so far. I will be back in a few weeks LOL. I love them all, the big the small, in places you wouldn't show to your grandmama. LOL
Here are my two. I like cats LOL

Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#4 April 5th, 2005 03:50 AM

Merricat

My tattoo work'll be featured in the next reload I do! I've got new work done and I've just got to show off!

#5 April 5th, 2005 02:08 PM

nagaloo

Merricat wrote:

My tattoo work'll be featured in the next reload I do! I've got new work done and I've just got to show off!

You show off anytime you want girl!!! I love what you have done so far with a glimpse of your tat. Head needed to let us see more of that sword. When did you get your first one, tattoo that is? I have just started getting mine. I guess I will get another few this year too. I wanted one since I was 16 but my dad would have had a stroke LOL. And I have always respected him so no tattoo. And back in the late 70's was a bad time around here to get one anyway. Some of my friends have them and they are not very good. So in defence of my little sister getting tattoos I started getting some. LOL. They cant rag on her, with out ragging on me. And what do you think of mine? And everyone chip in here, who's got the best tattoo on the site? I mean there is 1068 folios, 1199 artists and 72 videos, help me out here folks LOL. I have a job in the daytime I have to go to LOL. I cant sit here looking at the ISM girls all day, as much as I would like to.
Stew

#6 April 5th, 2005 02:25 PM

Merricat

I got my first tattoo when I was 19, three years ago. Now I've got 7! Here, I'll post pics!

From the day after I got my second and third ones (the birds and the little fox on the right shoulder). My first is the one on my left shoudler.
tat3.jpg

Got this one a couple of months ago, sorry for the bad quality:
430457.jpg

And this weekend I went to a tattoo convention and got three new ones!:
zim2.jpg

breathe.jpg

#7 April 5th, 2005 06:10 PM

GusTheMynahBird

Merricat wrote:

I got my first tattoo when I was 19, three years ago. Now I've got 7! Here, I'll post pics!

I love the scene from The Little Prince across your back. The Gir one is pretty cool too.

Can't wait until your next set...

#8 April 5th, 2005 09:30 PM

liandra_dahl

hey Merricat, did you get the idea for the Breathe tattoo on your wrist from Calibre's folio on this site? She has that too. It's pretty darn cool. The work on your back is gorgeous. I'm desperate for more tattoos but I've never got any spare money these days.

#9 April 5th, 2005 09:57 PM

Merricat

Oh cool, I didn't even notice that Calibre had that! I got mine 'cause I have panic attacks and it's a good reminder of what the most helpful thing for me to do is when I'm having one.

#10 April 6th, 2005 02:11 AM

nagaloo

Merricat wrote:

Oh cool, I didn't even notice that Calibre had that! I got mine 'cause I have panic attacks and it's a good reminder of what the most helpful thing for me to do is when I'm having one.

Well I would have waited for the new folio but thanks for showing your tats. And no fair you got yours to load up bigger than mine LOL. If you click on mine they come up larger LOL. Maybe Head is the one to blame for that LOL.
Stew

#11 April 8th, 2005 12:42 PM

catt

<P>*in awe*
<P>Those tatts are glorious, Merricat.  It's been said, but The Little Prince one is especially beautiful...

the beauty of simplicity is the complexity it attracts.

#12 April 8th, 2005 04:41 PM

pixen

Agreed.

The Little Prince tatts are fab.  I've seen a couple of people with Little Prince tatts in varying forms and they've all been divine. Yours are especially so.

Piracy is the only option.

#13 April 9th, 2005 01:41 AM

Merricat

*blush* Thanks everyone. The Little Prince work is probably the stuff I'm fondest of, since it's my favourite book of all time smile I love it when people like them! And when other people have Little Prince tattoos I always get really excited; I know another girl on SG has tattoos from the book and I squealed with joy when I saw them!

#14 April 11th, 2005 10:56 PM

kitty_kat

Hey, i love tattoos too, but I haven't got any yet because I haven't decided what and where yet!  Love all the ones I've seen so far on this thread! 
~ Kitty Kat

#15 April 23rd, 2005 04:01 AM

zille

You'll enjoy the images of me, then!

And I'm trying to get my girlfriend to do a set -- she is simply covered in ink!

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#16 April 23rd, 2005 09:38 AM

alexis

i took extra care to get mine in focus in my last set, 'aquatica' - they define who i am, so why not focus in on them? smile

my full back is being done later this year in a wing style outline, but will probably resemble asian calligraphy in the end (brushstroke effects instead of sharp lines).  i dread to think what it'll cost..

#17 April 23rd, 2005 09:53 AM

nagaloo

alexis wrote:

i took extra care to get mine in focus in my last set, 'aquatica' - they define who i am, so why not focus in on them? smile

my full back is being done later this year in a wing style outline, but will probably resemble asian calligraphy in the end (brushstroke effects instead of sharp lines).  i dread to think what it'll cost..

I have been saving my right arm for a full length dragon. Wrist to shoulder to chest, its head on my chest just above my nipple, body on my shoulder and bicep and the tail wrapped around myforearm. Cost is a factor, I plan to buy the gear and have my sister learn to tattoo me. She an make some money after she gets me done. LOL 

I hoped more folios would be mentioned here so I wouldnt have to spend weeks looking. I do have a job to go to.

I love when the girls promote their own folios here.

Stew

#18 April 23rd, 2005 10:04 AM

alexis

i think you'll find that once you get the (decent quality) gear and all the accessories like gloves, wipes etc etc... you'll have significantly blown your budget.  sure, it would be a bit more personal to have relative doing the work... but if she's keen on learning, get her to do an apprenticeship *at a studio* (note: they usually don't pay you, they just donate their time and hopefully customers will donate skin).  too many health risks involved in home jobs.

either way, be sure to show us the end result!

#19 April 23rd, 2005 05:08 PM

nagaloo

alexis wrote:

i think you'll find that once you get the (decent quality) gear and all the accessories like gloves, wipes etc etc... you'll have significantly blown your budget.  sure, it would be a bit more personal to have relative doing the work... but if she's keen on learning, get her to do an apprenticeship *at a studio* (note: they usually don't pay you, they just donate their time and hopefully customers will donate skin).  too many health risks involved in home jobs.

either way, be sure to show us the end result!

Well we would go clean all the way. I have a friend who works at a hospital so keeping things clean would not be a problem. Its just if I really get the tattoo bug I want a mural on my back. The sceen from Lord of the Rings where Gandalf is on the arch with the Balrog. "You shall not pass!!!!"
I want a Tolkin like dragon with lots of color, the puma/panther on my arm cost 290 cnd so I imagine a whole arm would be a few thousand. And I would rather set my sister up then spend it on the tattoos.
Stew

Board footer