#1 March 30th, 2005 03:20 AM

nagaloo

Profile Picture

I am new to all of this and have just started posting here in the forums not too long ago. There doesn't seem to be a big number using the forums. Head, I like the new format of the forum LOL.
I am having a hard time making any of my pics fit the required format. 100 x 100 pixels Turns most of my pics into blocks of color. Anybody have suggestions of what program to use to shrink them or maybe what I am doing wrong when I do? I am using Corel Print Office 2000. It has been suggested to use Photoshop we shall see.
Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#2 March 30th, 2005 04:15 AM

nagaloo

Re: Profile Picture

That did the trick. Photoshop.
Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#3 March 30th, 2005 05:12 AM

wantingscott

hey Stew,
i didn't know we could post a profile picture. how do i do that?

wscott

#4 March 30th, 2005 09:18 AM

nagaloo

I found a few ways to get there but the quickest when on a page like this, is to click the Quick Links drop down menu and pick "edit profile". In there you will find a lot of things you can add or change. To the left is Settings and Options Click on "edit profile picture". I am still working on getting mine the way I want it. Most don't have much on their profiles. Some of the stuff is turned off by Head or some other all knowing all seeing being LOL.
I am not a comp wiz just persistant in poking around. LOL.
Stew

#5 April 2nd, 2005 10:54 PM

nagaloo

There are over 250 views of this post now. Has anyone added a picture to their profile? I have been changing mine if anyone has bothered to look. LOL None of me yet but before too long I will put one up.
Stew

#6 April 2nd, 2005 11:04 PM

zimbonies

I've added a pic, but I'm not quite sure how and when it shows up...that's why I'm testing a post!

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#7 April 3rd, 2005 03:21 AM

nagaloo

zimbonies wrote:

I've added a pic, but I'm not quite sure how and when it shows up...that's why I'm testing a post!

Mine come up quickly? You have to make it fit the 100 x 100 pixel or 64kb whicherever is smaller restrictions. I used Photoshop 5 and they come out nicely.
Stew

#8 April 3rd, 2005 06:04 AM

Gimme_Danger

nagaloo wrote:

Mine come up quickly?

not from here they dont..I'm not seeing anyone yet. I'm not sure its enabled

#9 April 3rd, 2005 07:24 AM

zimbonies

I think that you have to click on the users name at the top left of a post.  That's the only thing that I can see (when I click on my name).  Then choose 'view public profile'.

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#10 April 3rd, 2005 08:25 AM

nagaloo

I dont see a pic on either of your profiles? Zimbonies or Gimme Danger? If you click on the user name a list of options comes up and if you right click you can open the profile in a new tab or new window if you are using netscape 7.2 If you go to my profile you should see my cat Freddie's head on a yellow background. Any comments Head? Is there some reason I can see mine and not theirs?
Stew

#11 April 3rd, 2005 09:42 AM

Gimme_Danger

nagaloo wrote:

I dont see a pic on either of your profiles? Zimbonies or Gimme Danger? If you click on the user name a list of options comes up and if you right click you can open the profile in a new tab or new window if you are using netscape 7.2 If you go to my profile you should see my cat Freddie's head on a yellow background. Any comments Head? Is there some reason I can see mine and not theirs?
Stew

I didnt add a pic of any kind I was just saying that nothing shows at my end for those of you that bothered to add one. Looks like avatars are not turned on at the moment

#12 April 3rd, 2005 09:50 AM

nagaloo

Gimme_Danger wrote:

I didnt add a pic of any kind I was just saying that nothing shows at my end for those of you that bothered to add one. Looks like avatars are not turned on at the moment

Did anyone bother to add one? Can anyone see mine? Head can you see mine? LMAO Not that its important but why allow them to be put up if no one can see them?
Stew

#13 April 3rd, 2005 02:34 PM

Head

nagaloo wrote:

Stew

I'll leave this to the Supreme High Geekess Shannon to sort out.

#14 April 6th, 2005 12:53 PM

nagaloo

Head wrote:

I'll leave this to the Supreme High Geekess Shannon to sort out.

Any news on this question? I can see mine can you see mine. I cant see yours. Has anyone put a profile pic up yet?
Stew

#15 April 6th, 2005 02:29 PM

Manring

Nope - don't see anything for your profile pic when clicking on your name and choosing View Profile.

#16 April 6th, 2005 05:28 PM

shannon
Administrator

Avatars and profile pics should all be functioning fine now.  go nuts.

Board footer