#1 October 21st, 2005 04:16 AM

jdudley76

Logo with unintentional message?

My school just went through the expensive process of overhauling it's image. The new logo has developed a nickname among the students here. I was wondering if anyone else sees it, or if it's one of those things that has to be pointed out before you see it.

logo.jpg

Any guesses as to the nickname?

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating."   - George W. Bush, as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

#2 October 21st, 2005 04:32 AM

Falcifer

Re: Logo with unintentional message?

jdudley76 wrote:

My school just went through the expensive process of overhauling it's image. The new logo has developed a nickname among the students here. I was wondering if anyone else sees it, or if it's one of those things that has to be pointed out before you see it.

logo.jpg

Thats a view from the top!

#3 October 21st, 2005 06:51 AM

jdudley76

paraphimosis wrote:

Their probably too busy thinking about technology, digital arts, fire science and engineering, to think about sex. Looks like a good place though, I think your lucky.

http://www.cogswell.edu/community.html

Part of the art program is 2d design though! You'd think someone would have noticed. lol

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating."   - George W. Bush, as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

#4 October 21st, 2005 10:06 AM

liandra_dahl

jdudley76 wrote:

Part of the art program is 2d design though! You'd think someone would have noticed. lol

Maybe they did notice...and wanted to keep it...so they could subversively start a sex cult at the school

#5 October 21st, 2005 10:23 AM

fi
Administrator

I'm a bit suss about the Yellow Pages icon myself...

#6 October 21st, 2005 02:47 PM

SCSIgirl

jdudley76 wrote:

logo.jpg

Well, let's see.....  in Campbell we have a research firm called "Whacker Developement"....  we have a town called "Los Banos"  which means "The Toilets"...  but the town in Louisiana called "Toad Suck" probably tops that.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#7 October 21st, 2005 03:52 PM

jdudley76

liandra_dahl wrote:

Maybe they did notice...and wanted to keep it...so they could subversively start a sex cult at the school

I wish! lol  Unfortunately to school is 85-90% guys!

#8 October 21st, 2005 04:17 PM

mikhaill

jdudley76 wrote:

logo.jpg

It wouldn't be anything like "cock swell" now, would it? Surely nobody would be that crude...

Witty one-liner encapsulating powerful insight.

#9 October 22nd, 2005 07:46 AM

jdudley76

mikhaill wrote:

It wouldn't be anything like "cock swell" now, would it? Surely nobody would be that crude...

LOL, no for some reason we never thought of that one. We've just been calling it the "butt sex logo". That's much more imaginative though!

Board footer