#1 September 26th, 2005 08:26 PM

theconia2

Sleeping Naked

How many sponsors or artists sleep naked?  I've slept naked all my life and have been in relationships where my partner found it to be odd.  My ex-wife wouuld sometimes sleep naked if we had sex before and some of my other girlfriends as well.  My present gf always sleeps with pajamas or panties and a t-shirt.  I'd like to hear from others about their sleeping habits.

#2 September 27th, 2005 01:44 AM

SCSIgirl

Re: Sleeping Naked

theconia2 wrote:

How many sponsors or artists sleep naked?  I've slept naked all my life and have been in relationships where my partner found it to be odd.  My ex-wife wouuld sometimes sleep naked if we had sex before and some of my other girlfriends as well.  My present gf always sleeps with pajamas or panties and a t-shirt.  I'd like to hear from others about their sleeping habits.

Haven't worn anything for as long as I can remember.  At least not since school days.  Not even when camping or sleeping overnight at the jobsite  (in the motorhome).  When we are in our summer weather,  I rarely wear anything around the house.  It's a comfort thing.  Maybe it's because I'm claustrophobic,  but I do not like restraints of any kind.  Also,  I tend to be a very cold sleeper.  Even in winter,  I have one thin blanket over the top sheet.  GFs tend to bundle up a lot,  including wearing pjs and even sweatshirts to bed.

So people say "What if your house burns down?"  Well, I guess I grab a towel or blanket on the way out.  I am more concerned about having shoes so I can move about quickly,  rather than what I am wearing.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#3 September 27th, 2005 05:00 AM

wantingscott

yeah, i sleep naked, too. had a fight naked too, once, with a guy who broke into our place at night. it was weird, but also very macho, in retrospect.

Scott

#4 September 27th, 2005 08:33 AM

centrevom

Yeah, me too. Always naked.  It's been so long I can't remember why it started, but it fels weird now in pyjamas or pants.

#5 September 27th, 2005 11:39 AM

jdudley76

I've been sleeping naked for years now. I got my girlfriend in the habit when she moved in with me, and now she's more adverse to wearing anything to bed than I am.

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating."   - George W. Bush, as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

#6 September 29th, 2005 06:54 PM

ixnay3

I always sleep naked - have done for years. Teh wife does too.

#7 September 30th, 2005 12:02 AM

SCSIgirl

ixnay3 wrote:

I always sleep naked - have done for years. Teh wife does too.

Are we actually starting to find a common thread amoungst ourselves?  What's next?  Pajama burning rallies?

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#8 September 30th, 2005 03:34 AM

Belgareth

SCSIgirl wrote:

Are we actually starting to find a common thread amoungst ourselves?  What's next?  Pajama burning rallies?

What pyjamas?

I've never liked clothes, they are an annoyance placed upon us by prudity and weather. I feel relaxed and comfortable wearing my birthday suit and it is not unusual to find myself and my friends wearing nothing but a smile.

In fact, I remember inviting one of my close friends around a short while ago, during the hot weather. She was complaining about the heat, so I suggested that she stripped off, to help her cool down. Her first reaction was surprise, possibly even mild shock but I told her that I prefer to be naked and any embarrasment she felt would soon disappear. The outcome is that she overcame her embarrasment and now she calls round and leaves a trail of clothes from the front door to the lounge - she just loves being naked and can appreciate the freedom it gives. without worrying of being oggled or groped.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#9 October 3rd, 2005 01:44 PM

nagaloo

I cant stand to wear anything now. Only excption is when I am sick and have the fever chills. Then I wear my sweats and socks. As a matter of fact I spend most of my online time naked. So I am naked as I type this. After hours online my underwear seams make me uncomfortable. I recomend being fully clothed while at the stove cooking with oil though.
Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#10 October 3rd, 2005 03:45 PM

tana

I've a foot in both camps when it comes to sleeping naked. If it's warm and the duvets cosy I love it but often the chilliness of England makes naked sleeping rubbish.

#11 October 3rd, 2005 04:32 PM

liandra_dahl

wantingscott wrote:

yeah, i sleep naked, too. had a fight naked too, once, with a guy who broke into our place at night. it was weird, but also very macho, in retrospect.

Scott

Now if you were both naked that would be so hot...mmm...hot naked men wrestling

#12 October 3rd, 2005 04:37 PM

liandra_dahl

tana wrote:

I've a foot in both camps when it comes to sleeping naked. If it's warm and the duvets cosy I love it but often the chilliness of England makes naked sleeping rubbish.

Hey Tana you sexy minx! glad to have you on the forum, I had so much fun doing that IM together!

On the sleeping naked thing I am the same. If it's warm weather or I have a thick duvet then of course I'm naked, but when it's cold I rug up, that's just logical, practical, sensible all those things that I rarely am.

#13 October 4th, 2005 02:54 AM

Belgareth

tana wrote:

It's odd how different people perceive the cold. As you have probably gathered I'm also in the UK and. in my humble opinion, there is nothing like the feeling cold sheets when you first climb into bed and the warmth that develops from ones own body heat., or even better, the heat of two bodies.

I've always hated hospitals because they are far too warm and they always insist on me "remaining decent". There is nothing more decent than a naked body. It doesn't pretend to be something it isn't and it is a great help to them when it comes to bed baths and pre-operative rediness. The nurses don't mind but, somehow, I've never been able to convince the Consultants of that.

#14 October 4th, 2005 02:55 AM

Belgareth

liandra_dahl wrote:

Now if you were both naked that would be so hot...mmm...hot naked men wrestling

That has undertones of D. H. Lawrence!

#15 October 4th, 2005 07:38 AM

Merricat

I almost always sleep naked. I get sad in the winter when it's too cold to sleep that way and I have to put on pajamas.

#16 October 4th, 2005 08:57 AM

centrevom

Merricat wrote:

I almost always sleep naked. I get sad in the winter when it's too cold to sleep that way and I have to put on pajamas.

But then there's that wonderful and cheap invention, the electric underblanket.  I couldn't live without mine.  Getting into bed naked is a blissful expereince, especially on a cold night.

#17 October 4th, 2005 11:41 AM

tana

centrevom wrote:

But then there's that wonderful and cheap invention, the electric underblanket.  I couldn't live without mine.  Getting into bed naked is a blissful expereince, especially on a cold night.

Mmmmm electric underblankets, I have one as a recent addition to my bedroom and it makes getting into bed when it's cold and I'm nude the best thing! I'm not with you on the cold sheet thing Belgareth it takes forever for me to heat up in a cold bed, with or without another person!

#18 October 4th, 2005 12:09 PM

shannon
Administrator

wantingscott wrote:

Scott

That's <i>hilarious</i>.  And then what happened?  was there nakedness plus law enforcement and flashing lights and so on?

#19 October 4th, 2005 12:21 PM

nagaloo

Merricat wrote:

Most cant understand how I generate so much heat. But you wouldnt be able to stand me in the summer and would never need PJ's in the winter, even in a snow drift.
Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#20 October 4th, 2005 12:42 PM

pip

I cannot bear sleeping with clothing on.  Even in the middle of winter. 
I get tangled up and over heated.

#21 October 4th, 2005 12:47 PM

liandra_dahl

shannon wrote:

That's <i>hilarious</i>.  And then what happened?  was there nakedness plus law enforcement and flashing lights and so on?

Talking of hilarious, I just had a chuckle at your autosignature. Anyway, back on topic Shannon, my sensei, are you going to share with us what state of dress or undress you go to bed in?

#22 October 4th, 2005 12:54 PM

shannon
Administrator

liandra_dahl wrote:

Talking of hilarious, I just had a chuckle at your autosignature. Anyway, back on topic Shannon, my sensei, are you going to share with us what state of dress or undress you go to bed in?

Ideally, I would opt for a silver jumpsuit and a stasis chamber.

#23 October 4th, 2005 02:21 PM

tana

That beats a electric blanket and pj's you classey lady!

#24 October 4th, 2005 03:23 PM

liandra_dahl

shannon wrote:

Ideally, I would opt for a silver jumpsuit and a stasis chamber.

ha ha ha ha ha ha, Now for some reason I can't stop imagining you and wantingscott in that late night scuffle, all naked macho man and svelt silver sensei...

#25 October 4th, 2005 04:10 PM

SCSIgirl

nagaloo wrote:

Most cant understand how I generate so much heat. But you wouldnt be able to stand me in the summer and would never need PJ's in the winter, even in a snow drift.
Stew

That's because you and Bel are acclaimated.  I remember the news story back during the cold war of a whale pod caught in the ice  in the Arctic.  Eventually the Russian's became heros when their icebreaker made it to the pod and broke open a channel to the open sea.  The small town up there became a base for all news reporters covering the story.  I distinctly remember the news crews all bundled up so heavily they could hardly move.  Yet the towns people were standing around in shorts and holely T-shirts.

Board footer