#1 June 3rd, 2005 10:00 AM

trebora

Holy Frozen snowballs batman

Why some (okay damn near everyone) sez I'm a wee bit off kilter I aint crazy enough to have sex out in the cold.  So I don't know how long it would take cum to freeze and even in the interest of science I don't plan on finding out. 

Maybe if I was at the south pole I'd do it at the pole itself just for the bragging rights but thats about the only way i would even consider it.  Its a wee bit nippley out there you know (-30.5 at this moment) the south pole is -84 °F  / -64 °C and thats not with wind chill right now. 

Though I do know this it doesnt take long for piss to freeze.  watching the steam rising off the stream is actually kinda cool.  I always feel for the ladies out in the field when they take a piss.  Guys only have to expose a little (way little in this cold;) the ladies have a lot more to freeze off.

---
One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity
---

#2 June 3rd, 2005 03:05 PM

SCSIgirl

Re: Holy Frozen snowballs batman

This is purely a survival question:  When you've over exposed yourself,  how do you recover?  Do you hot tub it or just try and shiver warm?

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#3 June 3rd, 2005 06:36 PM

trebora

Re: Holy Frozen snowballs batman

it depends on where you are when it happens.  If you are out in the field then its basically get you warmed up by shared body heat, put some warm water in our water bottles and put it in the sleeping bag too and all that stuff.  Then try and get back to town asap.  Here in town i don't knwo what doc would do.  I seem to recall something about you don't want to warm someone up to quickly because it could cause shock.  I think they use a blanket of some sort.  I'll can ask doc what he does and let you know.   

Cold related injurys are rare mosly confined to frost nip.  no one goes out of town without a survival bag.  If something were to happen to me out in the field I'd be more worried about food and water than anything else.  I've got enough gear that i look like the kid from christmas story just walking around.  The tents are easy to set up for wind shelter and if im out of town ive got a vehichle of some type with me anyways.

---
One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity
---

Board footer