#1 May 27th, 2005 01:09 AM

wantingscott

please!!! reccommend a vibrator...

please, ladies.
i want to gift one to my wife. she is an angel for these reasons:

1. she has to deal with me. (that is enough reasons)
2. the kids exhaust her
3. we never get mutual play time (or enoough of it) due to my long work hours
4. i think she would enjoy some "me time"

wscott

btw- please take me seriously!!!  smile

#2 May 27th, 2005 04:00 AM

zille

Re: please!!! reccommend a vibrator...

wscott -- why wouldn't I take you seriously?

The easy answer is "Hitachi Magic Wand."  Most women love that ingenious invention with a profound passion.

However, that is not what I would want.  It's too much vibration for my lil clit to handle.  I prefer this:  http://www.goodvibes.com/cgi-bin/sgin01 … 3&TRAN85=N

(if the link doesn't work, it's the "Silver Bullet" on www.goodvibes.com )

So, first you have to find out what you wife likes to get off with.  Does she want just clittoral stimulation?  Just vaginal?  A pleasing combination of both?  Then you have to find out what kind of vibration she would like (for either internal or external or both.)

Have fun experimenting!  This could lead to you buying your wife several toys, in a "what works best" manner, and certainly your willingness to cater to whatever gets her off should make her feel very loved and appreciated!

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#3 May 27th, 2005 04:57 AM

MrPicMe

zille wrote:

wscott -- why wouldn't I take you seriously?

The easy answer is "Hitachi Magic Wand."  Most women love that ingenious invention with a profound passion.

However, that is not what I would want.  It's too much vibration for my lil clit to handle.  I prefer this:  http://www.goodvibes.com/cgi-bin/sgin01 … 3&TRAN85=N

(if the link doesn't work, it's the "Silver Bullet" on www.goodvibes.com )

So, first you have to find out what you wife likes to get off with.  Does she want just clittoral stimulation?  Just vaginal?  A pleasing combination of both?  Then you have to find out what kind of vibration she would like (for either internal or external or both.)

Have fun experimenting!  This could lead to you buying your wife several toys, in a "what works best" manner, and certainly your willingness to cater to whatever gets her off should make her feel very loved and appreciated!

That's what I tried to tell him in the previous thread... I guess he will only take a woman's advice...

#4 May 27th, 2005 04:59 AM

wantingscott

wow!!! thank you, Zille. actually, being a designer, and liking pretty "looking" things (a little of form over function...) i think i'll order her the LAYA,

http://www.goodvibes.com/cgi-bin/sgin01 … 3&TRAN85=N

what do you think? she loves my tongue on her clit, and i'm just kinda going on intuition. this is candy colored, and tongue-shaped...

wscott

#5 May 27th, 2005 05:17 AM

Belgareth

wantingscott wrote:

wow!!! thank you, Zille. actually, being a designer, and liking pretty "looking" things (a little of form over function...) i think i'll order her the LAYA,

what do you think? she loves my tongue on her clit, and i'm just kinda going on intuition. this is candy colored, and tongue-shaped...

wscott

I know where you're coming from Scott but there's only one person that's going to be able to tell you whether you got it right and that is the lady for whom it is intended, unless you're actually trying to buy one for Zille on the sly ;-)

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#6 May 27th, 2005 06:15 AM

wantingscott

Belgareth wrote:

unless you're actually trying to buy one for Zille on the sly ;-)

hey now!!! just cos i might ask the florist what flowers she'd reccommend, it don't mean they're for her...  wink

#7 May 27th, 2005 08:00 AM

wantingscott

pheeeeeew!!!!!

i left a message for my wife that i just bought her a present, it's coming by post. so she just called.
dammit!!! wink she says "a present!!! is it because i was a good girl? or a bad girl... sometimes i get presents for being a bad girl..."

i'll still be at work for a few more hours (it's an office suite with a private loo). i had to run in there, casually and "unload the gun"...

here's hoping the pheromones lay low...

wscott

#8 May 28th, 2005 05:25 AM

zille

wantingscott wrote:

Well, I've never tried that one.  It is very pretty!  I hope you wife likes it!

Sadly, in my experience, (and I've bought many a vibrator in my time!) how a vibrator looks seldom effects how it works (to get you off.)  That's why I use my "bullet" instead of some prettier vibe -- that's just what works for me.

But, as I said, you may be in for the process of many vibrating gifts for your wife, and the "trial and error" process can be a great deal of fun for you both!

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#9 May 28th, 2005 06:02 AM

wantingscott

zille

i will be certain to let you know... thanks so much.
it's funny, isn't it. boards like this make fast friends of complete strangers, where you can ask intimate questions to people you never met, the same questions you might not even ask a close friend...  it certainly expanded my experimental horizons along the way...

wscott

#10 May 28th, 2005 06:57 AM

Belgareth

wantingscott wrote:

zille

i will be certain to let you know... thanks so much.
it's funny, isn't it. boards like this make fast friends of complete strangers, where you can ask intimate questions to people you never met, the same questions you might not even ask a close friend...  it certainly expanded my experimental horizons along the way...

wscott

Please don't take my following comments as criticism. They are simply a series of thought and observations.

Web-based "friendships" are definitely a 21 century phenomenon but it begs the question "Can one have anonymous friends". I believe that one can have very intense and intimate relationships over this medium but is it possible to have a friendship with someone with whom you are not aquainted. Is it reasonable to compare these electronic data packet relationships with the, now outdated, pen-friend of old?

I think that, nay I know that, the answer is "yes" it is possible to gain friends via this medium but it takes a long time and a degree of careful analysis. One cannot take the person(s) on the remote end of a connection at face value because the natural anonymity of this medium allows them to role play without risk of being able to read facial expressions or body language.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#11 May 28th, 2005 10:12 AM

SCSIgirl

Belgareth wrote:

Please don't take my following comments as criticism. They are simply a series of thought and observations.

Web-based "friendships" are definitely a 21 century phenomenon but it begs the question "Can one have anonymous friends". I believe that one can have very intense and intimate relationships over this medium but is it possible to have a friendship with someone with whom you are not aquainted. Is it reasonable to compare these electronic data packet relationships with the, now outdated, pen-friend of old?

I think that, nay I know that, the answer is "yes" it is possible to gain friends via this medium but it takes a long time and a degree of careful analysis. One cannot take the person(s) on the remote end of a connection at face value because the natural anonymity of this medium allows them to role play without risk of being able to read facial expressions or body language.

Yes,  it's just simply the modern version of the pen-pal.  If you do any participation in the usenet (news groups) you will develop a repartee with someone who is a prejudiced asshole,  but that usually doesn't come out for a while.  Everyone is nice until they turn up the heat.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#12 June 1st, 2005 11:00 AM

jbmjbm

zille wrote:

Well, I've never tried that one.  It is very pretty!  I hope you wife likes it!

Sadly, in my experience, (and I've bought many a vibrator in my time!) how a vibrator looks seldom effects how it works (to get you off.)  That's why I use my "bullet" instead of some prettier vibe -- that's just what works for me.

But, as I said, you may be in for the process of many vibrating gifts for your wife, and the "trial and error" process can be a great deal of fun for you both!

Yes, that tongue-esque model is a visually-appealing design exercise, and I hope the recipient ends up enjoying it.

If it turns out not to be quite what the doctor ordered, I can report that my girlfriend has found that the battery-operated models she's tried so far have offered her a sensation ranging from a nice addition to whatever else was going on to a kind-of-annoyingly-buzzy distraction, but when she's been a little stressed and wanted an electromechanical helper to achieve the goal of getting her off, not even optionally, however insistent the distracting internal voices in her head chattering about work and billpaying and laundry and the cat's health, the good ol' Hitachi Magic Wand has been the ticket.  I think some of the other plug-in-the-wall "massagers" may be in the same league.  Since you seem to be in the US:

(plug-ins from the friendly  Blowfish folk)

But of course, as zille reports, everybody is different, and these big ol' things may be too much for your spouse's particular nerve wiring.  I dated someone who was so hypersensitive that she couldn't stand for her clit to be touched ever, no matter how gentle or well-moistened the touch;  one of these gizmos might seem like a form of torture to her.

#13 June 1st, 2005 10:38 PM

wantingscott

yeah. you know, it's just that we've never even broached the subject, and i wanted to come across with something "cuddly" (and possibly ineffective) that she'd be more likely to use rather than something , though highly reccommended, would be larger, have a cord, and be kind of "appliance-like"...

plus the Laya is waterproof and highly "concealable", and not easily recogniseable for what it is...

wscott

#14 June 2nd, 2005 12:41 PM

liz

wantingscott wrote:

wscott

I'm a little behind in this thread, so maybe you've already made a final decision, but I had to put in my recommendation - I am super picky, and have several different vibrators that, while decent, have never been quite what I was looking for...

But then I found this little lady:

http://www.a-womans-touch.com/product/16/75/Leia.html

(At my very favorite sex shop, A Woman's Touch in Madison, WI U$A)

It's hella cheap, but just awesome - I love it.  Being that it's cheaper, it may not last as long, but I think it's totally worth it.  And it's an excellent starter vibe - she can get an idea of what she likes, and if she doesn't like this one, you're not out big bucks...

"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution."
            -Emma Goldman

#15 June 2nd, 2005 09:57 PM

wantingscott

thanks, Liz, but look at the one i picked. i figured she'd be much less freaked out with a "non-insertion" type...

Board footer