#26 April 21st, 2005 12:42 PM

Torture_Garden

Re: For Catt and for Head

catt wrote:

TG,
That's awfully kind of you - i'll certainly keep it in mind, thanks!  I had some old (precious) VHS cassettes of Liquid Television for many years, and AF was the highlight, for me.  I also like what the creators did for Animatrix (although i'm not a huge fan of The Matrix itself).  Are they still working on making a live action movie of AFlux?  Because I just don't know how they could...
"You are a very discerning woman of immaculate taste."
It won't take long for you to retract that statement (after all, I was listening to Dolly Parton last night), buti'll certainly take that for now!

Credit where it is due Catt. I loved Liquid Television & along with Æon, loved Stick Figure Theatre & Crazy Daisy Ed (he was one whacked-out flower). Anyone who likes the same things as I, has to be brilliant!

Peter Chung the creator is an wonderfully talented man; if you liked what he did for Animatrix check out "Dark Fury" which is the animated bridge between "Pitch Black" & the "Chronicles of Riddick" & "Reign" which is, I think, a four or five DVD set about Alexander the Great.

I'm pretty sure that they are still doing the live action Æon. I think that last I heard though, it was behind schedule due to Charlize injuring herslef on set.

James
--
...and when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home...

#27 April 21st, 2005 12:45 PM

catt

zimbonies wrote:

What about men who LOVE cats?!  smile

Even hotter!

the beauty of simplicity is the complexity it attracts.

#28 April 21st, 2005 12:51 PM

catt

Torture_Garden wrote:

Credit where it is due Catt. I loved Liquid Television & along with Æon, loved Stick Figure Theatre & Crazy Daisy Ed (he was one whacked-out flower). Anyone who likes the same things as I, has to be brilliant!

Peter Chung the creator is an wonderfully talented man; if you liked what he did for Animatrix check out "Dark Fury" which is the animated bridge between "Pitch Black" & the "Chronicles of Riddick" & "Reign" which is, I think, a four or five DVD set about Alexander the Great

Well, you've sold me on the Pitch Black and Reign (which I loved)comparisions - I wasn't a huge fan of the Chronicles, as Pitch Black was only so marvellous due to it's 'b-grade' qualities, and Vin, of course, as Riddick.  Liquid TV had some great one-offs, too...do you remember the japanimae of the racing car driver, who became like a machine and self-destructed in his quest to break all the records?  THAT was a brilliant short film - and i'm not really a fan of animae (apart from Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D).

#29 April 21st, 2005 01:03 PM

Torture_Garden

catt wrote:

Well, you've sold me on the Pitch Black and Reign (which I loved)comparisions - I wasn't a huge fan of the Chronicles, as Pitch Black was only so marvellous due to it's 'b-grade' qualities, and Vin, of course, as Riddick.  Liquid TV had some great one-offs, too...do you remember the japanimae of the racing car driver, who became like a machine and self-destructed in his quest to break all the records?  THAT was a brilliant short film - and i'm not really a fan of animae (apart from Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D).

I completely agree about Pitch Black. Some things are best left as is. Riddick, the Holy man & the girl floating around in space after escaping the planet left me thinking "...man, I wonder what happens to them?" & I had envisaged all these scenarios & they got quashed when Chronicles came out. Don't get me wrong, I liked it but it wasn't a shade on Pitch Black; simple story & as you mentioned "B-Grade" qualities. Kinda like "Deep Rising" pentultimate B-Grade but thoroughly watchable.

I do remember that race driver & loved it but have never quite understood it. Was he actually driving the car? Why was he in a room floating above the chair he was sitting in? I will have to watch it again now to see if I can grasp it better.

James
--
...and when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home...

#30 April 21st, 2005 01:55 PM

catt

Torture_Garden wrote:

I completely agree about Pitch Black. Some things are best left as is. Riddick, the Holy man & the girl floating around in space after escaping the planet left me thinking "...man, I wonder what happens to them?" & I had envisaged all these scenarios & they got quashed when Chronicles came out. Don't get me wrong, I liked it but it wasn't a shade on Pitch Black; simple story & as you mentioned "B-Grade" qualities. Kinda like "Deep Rising" pentultimate B-Grade but thoroughly watchable.

I do remember that race driver & loved it but have never quite understood it. Was he actually driving the car? Why was he in a room floating above the chair he was sitting in? I will have to watch it again now to see if I can grasp it better.

I think you're the only person ever to mention Deep Rising to me as a 'quality' b-grade film - I LOVE that movie (and not just because of Famke Jensen, or how wonderfully tacky Treat Williams is in the lead role...and it doesn't hurt that Jason Flemyng is one of the hottest men in film - i'm a sucker for the gingernut).  It's so underrated.  That they escape the vessel in jet skis?  Pure class.  And also set up for a rocking sequel...
It was a mind-control thing.  Drivers hooked up to the computers and astrally projecting their energies into the cars - he just blew a couple of brain fuses.  That's my take on it anyways, and i'm sticking with it *S*

#31 April 21st, 2005 02:06 PM

Torture_Garden

catt wrote:

I think you're the only person ever to mention Deep Rising to me as a 'quality' b-grade film - I LOVE that movie (and not just because of Famke Jensen, or how wonderfully tacky Treat Williams is in the lead role...and it doesn't hurt that Jason Flemyng is one of the hottest men in film - i'm a sucker for the gingernut).  It's so underrated.  That they escape the vessel in jet skis?  Pure class.  And also set up for a rocking sequel...
It was a mind-control thing.  Drivers hooked up to the computers and astrally projecting their energies into the cars - he just blew a couple of brain fuses.  That's my take on it anyways, and i'm sticking with it *S*

How could you not refer to Deep Rising as a quality piece of b-grade cinema?! Giant deep-sea worms attacking a cruise liner, it doesn't get any better! I would only accept a sequel if there was a giant squid involved (I have a "thing" for squid too)

...and thank you for your take on the racer animation. Reading your interpretation, makes perfect sense now. I think perhaps the timest that I saw it, I was too much in the wrong dimension. Oh! Art School Girls from Hell (that was what it was called?)! That was another excellent series on Liquid TV.

Charlize as ÆON

James
--

#32 April 21st, 2005 07:42 PM

zimbonies

Torture_Garden wrote:

Charlize as ÆON

Now that's something that I'd like to see.  Charlize is one of the most beautiful and talented actresses around, IMO.

I do remember Liquid TV and remember watching AEon coz I thought she was H-O-T!  I didn't really "get" what it was about, but I still watched!

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#33 April 21st, 2005 10:06 PM

Torture_Garden

zimbonies wrote:

Now that's something that I'd like to see.  Charlize is one of the most beautiful and talented actresses around, IMO.

I do remember Liquid TV and remember watching AEon coz I thought she was H-O-T!  I didn't really "get" what it was about, but I still watched!

Come the third quarter of this year, we all will be able to see the magical Charlize as Æon; should be interesting...

Æon is SO hot! It's kinda wrong to say that about an animated character but hey, it's true. She was a Monican spy, I admit I didn't really get it but here we have a gun-toting, half-naked, wicked-hairstyled assassin running round killing people. That was more than enough to have me still suckered in.

James
--

#34 April 22nd, 2005 06:19 AM

voyeur2

catt wrote:

*laughs*  When i'm ready to do an ISM shoot, you guys will be the first to know!  For now, i'm throwing around ideas and themes in my head (and hoping that my grandmother hasn't become technologically adept since we last spoke).
I guess i'd have to wax my back and the soles of my feet too, eh? *grins*

WAX?

My intrest in folios wanes as wax maxes.  Let it all hang out, and rock on!

Have I ever lied to you before?

Board footer