#1 April 17th, 2005 09:09 PM

liandra_dahl

For Catt and for Head

Hey,

I went searching for your folio and then I remembered you mentioned you haven't as yet mustered up the courage to shoot yourself. I think the popularity of your thread on women in uniform makes it pretty certain that a folio on the same theme will attract as much attention, and then some. It'll get my vote anyway. So come on head, give the girl a camera...

#2 April 17th, 2005 09:24 PM

nagaloo

Re: For Catt and for Head

Yes Head you need to get a camera to Catt ASAP. She has my vote too.
Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#3 April 18th, 2005 11:33 AM

Head

liandra_dahl wrote:

Hey,

I went searching for your folio and then I remembered you mentioned you haven't as yet mustered up the courage to shoot yourself. I think the popularity of your thread on women in uniform makes it pretty certain that a folio on the same theme will attract as much attention, and then some. It'll get my vote anyway. So come on head, give the girl a camera...

Consider it done.

#4 April 18th, 2005 05:05 PM

Torture_Garden

Head wrote:

Consider it done.

Way to go Head

James
--
...and when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home...

#5 April 20th, 2005 10:13 AM

catt

*laughs*  When i'm ready to do an ISM shoot, you guys will be the first to know!  For now, i'm throwing around ideas and themes in my head (and hoping that my grandmother hasn't become technologically adept since we last spoke).
I guess i'd have to wax my back and the soles of my feet too, eh? *grins*

the beauty of simplicity is the complexity it attracts.

#6 April 20th, 2005 01:26 PM

nagaloo

catt wrote:

*laughs*  When i'm ready to do an ISM shoot, you guys will be the first to know!  For now, i'm throwing around ideas and themes in my head (and hoping that my grandmother hasn't become technologically adept since we last spoke).
I guess i'd have to wax my back and the soles of my feet too, eh? *grins*

Lots of hair lovers here, no need to delay a shoot for hair. And when you do your second shoot you can make them all cringe when you shave it all off. LOL Just don't wait too long I am holding my breath till you shoot LOL. If thats you in your avatar pic it would be cool to see you with that makeup on, ears and a cute tie-on tail.
Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#7 April 20th, 2005 02:04 PM

catt

nagaloo wrote:

Lots of hair lovers here, no need to delay a shoot for hair. And when you do your second shoot you can make them all cringe when you shave it all off. LOL Just don't wait too long I am holding my breath till you shoot LOL. If thats you in your avatar pic it would be cool to see you with that makeup on, ears and a cute tie-on tail.
Stew

Stew,
Yep, that's me in the avatar - complete with cat ears, nose and whiskers (God bless Photoshop!)  Although it was taken 2 years ago, and i've gotten into a few scraps with alley toms since then *winks*.
O, and for posterity - I don't actually have a hairy back.  Just the soles of the feet.

#8 April 20th, 2005 02:18 PM

nagaloo

If you check out my tattoos in "Hey Head what about the tattoos" you can tell I am partial to cats. I like the short haired ones best. We have a beautiful siamese who is kind, if you can believe that. I would love to curl up with a tiger if it wouldn't eat me LOL.
Stew

#9 April 20th, 2005 04:30 PM

catt

nagaloo wrote:

If you check out my tattoos in "Hey Head what about the tattoos" you can tell I am partial to cats. I like the short haired ones best. We have a beautiful siamese who is kind, if you can believe that. I would love to curl up with a tiger if it wouldn't eat me LOL.
Stew

Stew,
I saw that post a while back - great tattoos!  I'm a bit of a cat lady myself.  Currently i'm desperate to get my paws on a chocolate Burmese (i'm not usually into the pedigrees, but there's just something about them, don't you think?). The Siamese cats i've known have been very loud and a bit...dim?  Whatever the case, they were constantly running into glass doors at top speed, or getting stuck in the washing machine.  But there's no denying that they're one of the most beautiful breeds of cat out there.  And tigers - who wouldn't love to curl up with one of those?

#10 April 20th, 2005 05:53 PM

Torture_Garden

Oh, it is so refreshing to hear praise for the feline. Too oft recently, have we heard of derranged teenage boys torturing cats here in Melbourne. I feel like tying those kids up and doing to them what they do to the poor, defenseless, little kittens *GRRRR* See how they feel getting beaten to death with a stick or doused in gasoline and set alight, "...look at me, mom. I'm finally the bright , shining star you'd always hoped for..." Sorry I digress.

I love my kitties (irrespective of my not having 'custody' of Fudgey). I must admit though, I am a bit of a pedigree snob when it comes to the feline; you just don't get those psychotic, unpredictable tendencies with your average run of the mill (non-inbred) moggie. I love my Fudge. He's a cock-eyed, very-not-right-in-the-head seal-point Siamese born of an Oriental. He really is a gorgeous man indeed; much personality and a really annoyingly constant and loud talker...my point? Ummm, the solution to all the worlds' problems lays with cats and giant praying mantis...

James
--
...and when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home...

#11 April 20th, 2005 07:36 PM

zimbonies

It's so nice to see people talking about cat's in a good way!  I get abused at the office for having a cat, and it's nice to know that there are like minded people out there!

I have a 3 y.o. full-bred Bengal named Bennie.  Talk about a tiger!  He's quite a character too!  He woke me at 4 AM today coz he wanted to play...ugh.  I luv the little f*cker though!

Jim

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#12 April 20th, 2005 08:08 PM

nagaloo

Well here she is all the way from Alberta to Nova Scotia. I thought my mom lost her mind when she told me she was flying back with a cat. Sammy, very kind, non-vocal but loves to play rough so watch out for those fishhook claws.
Stew

#13 April 20th, 2005 10:09 PM

catt

Torture_Garden wrote:

Oh, it is so refreshing to hear praise for the feline. Too oft recently, have we heard of derranged teenage boys torturing cats here in Melbourne. I feel like tying those kids up and doing to them what they do to the poor, defenseless, little kittens *GRRRR* See how they feel getting beaten to death with a stick or doused in gasoline and set alight, "...look at me, mom. I'm finally the bright , shining star you'd always hoped for..." Sorry I digress.

I love my kitties (irrespective of my not having 'custody' of Fudgey). I must admit though, I am a bit of a pedigree snob when it comes to the feline; you just don't get those psychotic, unpredictable tendencies with your average run of the mill (non-inbred) moggie. I love my Fudge. He's a cock-eyed, very-not-right-in-the-head seal-point Siamese born of an Oriental. He really is a gorgeous man indeed; much personality and a really annoyingly constant and loud talker...my point? Ummm, the solution to all the worlds' problems lays with cats and giant praying mantis...

Don't start me on that.  As a Melbourne girl myself, I recently popped a few gaskets watching that footage of those boys throwing a kitten onto the train tracks.  I'm not going to go into how the world concerns me right now, but animal cruelty is the lowest of the low.  The most cats i've ever had under my roof is 9 - 6 being strays.  We'd rehabilitate them (ie: get them over their fear of humans, who had maltreated/beaten them), and find them new homes.  Currently we only have 3 - all moggies, all bonkers.  But I can never say No to a stray...especially a cat.
Give me a shopping trolley and a couple of bags to lug my belongings about in, and i'm just a few casks of Stanley away from being one of those Crazy Cat Ladies.
(Cats and the praying mantis, AND Aeon Flux?  Be still my beating heart!)

#14 April 20th, 2005 10:11 PM

catt

zimbonies wrote:

It's so nice to see people talking about cat's in a good way!  I get abused at the office for having a cat, and it's nice to know that there are like minded people out there!

I have a 3 y.o. full-bred Bengal named Bennie.  Talk about a tiger!  He's quite a character too!  He woke me at 4 AM today coz he wanted to play...ugh.  I luv the little f*cker though!

Jim

Okay, so I like dogs but I LOVE cats.  And I just don't trust anyone who doesn't like cats. 
(Plus, men who like cats?  Hot.)

#15 April 20th, 2005 10:12 PM

catt

nagaloo wrote:

Well here she is all the way from Alberta to Nova Scotia. I thought my mom lost her mind when she told me she was flying back with a cat. Sammy, very kind, non-vocal but loves to play rough so watch out for those fishhook claws.
Stew

She's beautiful, Stew!  Thanks for posting these - now my mission for a Burmese has just stepped up the priority ladder...

#16 April 21st, 2005 01:59 AM

Belgareth

I absolutely adore cats, unfortunately they seem to telepathically sense this fact.

My first cat was a stray kitten and she was a pathetic, bedraggled mess when I took her in. Three weeks later she was a beautiful black, half-siamese with a wicked sense of humour who had decided that I was a soft touch.

I got up one morning to find that she had "adopted" another five cats almost identical to herself and I was stuck with them for eight years!

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#17 April 21st, 2005 02:04 AM

nagaloo

Well I am a stray for now, just getting my new house underway soon. Been living between two places for years. And like you I like dogs but LOVE cats. I can curl up with you and purrrrr if you would like LOL. I plan on getting a tiger tattoo on the back of my left forearm someday.
Stew

#18 April 21st, 2005 04:12 AM

Torture_Garden

zimbonies wrote:

It's so nice to see people talking about cat's in a good way! I get abused at the office for having a cat, and it's nice to know that there are like minded people out there!...I have a 3 y.o. full-bred Bengal named Bennie...

Jim, I think we are many, us cat-lovers. We are just the few (men) that sing it loud & proud. I personally think that a lot of guys are, they just are afraid to voice it for fear of kitties being too "girly" or "feminine". I may be way off though, wouldn't be the first time. I mean, how can you not love 'em?!

nagaloo wrote:

...Sammy, very kind, non-vocal but loves to play rough so watch out for those fishhook claws.

Awwwe, she is very cute, Stew. Just wanna razz her up and have her shred my arm.

catt wrote:

(Cats and the praying mantis, AND Aeon Flux?...)

OMG! Catt, you know of the existence of my beloved Æon? Be still MY beating heart! You are a very discerning woman of immaculate taste. If ever you want the DVD of her greatest hits, just let me know.

Belgareth wrote:

...I got up one morning to find that she had "adopted" another five cats almost identical to herself and I was stuck with them for eight years!

Have to love the ballsy little fluff-balls don't you. We had a very similar experience, though not quite as many kittie friends were invited to the party by our wee stray.

James
--

#19 April 21st, 2005 07:04 AM

nagaloo

Torture_Garden wrote:

Awwwe, she is very cute, Stew. Just wanna razz her up and have her shred my arm.

Shred your arm you say HA!!!! Right to the bone and purrrrrrrrrrr all while she was doing it LOL

Awww Pretty pussy SAMMY get your claws out of my arm!!!!

She can see the pointer on my screen, not all animals can "see" a TV or monitor.
Stew

#20 April 21st, 2005 07:04 AM

zimbonies

Torture_Garden wrote:

Jim, I think we are many, us cat-lovers. We are just the few (men) that sing it loud & proud. I personally think that a lot of guys are, they just are afraid to voice it for fear of kitties being too "girly" or "feminine". I may be way off though, wouldn't be the first time. I mean, how can you not love 'em?!

Especially when you're a bachelor and can't make it home every 4 hours to let the dog out!  wink

I've never been much of a dog-lover, but I have met a few that I can tolerate.  Something about cat's that intrigues me is that they love you on their terms so it's not a 'every second of every day' kinda relationship.  When a cat wants attention, he (or she!) will certainly let you know -- otherwise you can piss off!

#21 April 21st, 2005 07:20 AM

nagaloo

zimbonies wrote:

Something about cat's that intrigues me is that they love you on their terms so it's not a 'every second of every day' kinda relationship.  When a cat wants attention, he (or she!) will certainly let you know -- otherwise you can piss off!

I am hoping to find a woman like that. Without too much of the piss off part!! LMAO
Stew

#22 April 21st, 2005 07:25 AM

zimbonies

catt wrote:

Okay, so I like dogs but I LOVE cats.  And I just don't trust anyone who doesn't like cats. 
(Plus, men who like cats?  Hot.)

What about men who LOVE cats?!  smile

#23 April 21st, 2005 07:37 AM

zimbonies

Here's a pic of my boy -- he looks just like his dad!  smile

#24 April 21st, 2005 12:21 PM

Torture_Garden

zimbonies wrote:

Here's a pic of my boy -- he looks just like his dad!  smile

Jim, he's a good-lookin' man indeed

James
--

#25 April 21st, 2005 12:29 PM

catt

[QUOTE=Torture_Garden]OMG! Catt, you know of the existence of my beloved Æon? Be still MY beating heart! You are a very discerning woman of immaculate taste. If ever you want the DVD of her greatest hits, just let me know.[QUOTE]

TG,
That's awfully kind of you - i'll certainly keep it in mind, thanks!  I had some old (precious) VHS cassettes of Liquid Television for many years, and AF was the highlight, for me.  I also like what the creators did for Animatrix (although i'm not a huge fan of The Matrix itself).  Are they still working on making a live action movie of AFlux?  Because I just don't know how they could...
"You are a very discerning woman of immaculate taste."
It won't take long for you to retract that statement (after all, I was listening to Dolly Parton last night), buti'll certainly take that for now!

Board footer