#26 July 1st, 2005 01:41 AM

Head

Re: Dreaming

[QUOTE=liandra_dahl]Rubber bullets are part of a motif in my dreaming life. Whenever I have a dream where I am compelled to be violent, I am always violent in a completely ineffectual way..i.e. rubber bullets when I have a gun, boneless arms when I'm in a fight. SOmetimes it's very comical but on others it's incredibly frustrating.
[QUOTE]

This is a feeling of inefficacy.  You're angry about an injustice, you're trying to right it yet you feel your protestations are falling on deaf ears.

#27 July 1st, 2005 10:10 PM

Head

voyeur2 wrote:

My dreams sometimes have me find out I am naked. This one goes way back to childhood.  When I was a child -n the dream I would become anxious to go home.  Now - it seems I just carry on as if nothing is wrong.  I hope it means that now I am cool about what made me anxious before.

This is about vulnerability.  As a child you feared failure and the humiliation it would bring. But now you've come to terms with your limitations and you aren't afraid to make mistakes.  You feel you can defend your decisions and actions even if they're unpopular.

#28 July 1st, 2005 10:58 PM

Jing

To me, i don't really dream much, but it seems that when I'm really down and sad about something, usually I dream at night... about happy things.....

maybe for me, dreams is like a way of escaping reality and going far far away to find a sense of comfort. Dream has become a fairy tale place for me......

dream on.... everyone!

#29 July 2nd, 2005 04:18 AM

voyeur2

Head wrote:

This is about vulnerability.  As a child you feared failure and the humiliation it would bring. But now you've come to terms with your limitations and you aren't afraid to make mistakes.  You feel you can defend your decisions and actions even if they're unpopular.

Thanks Head.  I do believe you have hit the spot on that one.  I was super sensitive to criticism when young.  Now that I know that I am very nearly perfect, I can take a bit of criticism from the envious.

Hee hee

Sorta toungue in cheekily said the geezer.

Have I ever lied to you before?

#30 July 5th, 2005 12:56 AM

liandra_dahl

Head wrote:

It's a rendering of your subconscious hope that your child will be a saviour, specifically to balance out some wrongs you (perceive you might) have perpetrated.  Mary syndrome.

May some divine force (preferably female) save her if I am expecting her to right all my wrongs!

#31 July 5th, 2005 01:04 AM

liandra_dahl

liandra_dahl wrote:

Rubber bullets are part of a motif in my dreaming life. Whenever I have a dream where I am compelled to be violent, I am always violent in a completely ineffectual way..i.e. rubber bullets when I have a gun, boneless arms when I'm in a fight. SOmetimes it's very comical but on others it's incredibly frustrating.

Head wrote:

This is a feeling of inefficacy.  You're angry about an injustice, you're trying to right it yet you feel your protestations are falling on deaf ears.

Perhaps, it certainly sounds familiar for some reason, I'll have to think on what that injustice might be...

By the way, have you abandoned ISM to take up the life of a gypsy travelling round australia interpreting dreams?

#32 July 7th, 2005 10:10 PM

Head

liandra_dahl wrote:

By the way, have you abandoned ISM to take up the life of a gypsy travelling round australia interpreting dreams?

Well it's a backup for my foundering career in advert production.

#33 July 13th, 2005 05:39 AM

wantingscott

hi all,
for the past 2 years i've had incredibly lucid dreams (seemingly coinciding with the start of psychotropic meds.)

i have met people in dreams that i knew and didn't know. these dreams are tenfold beyond anything i had experienced before, full of back-and-forth conversation and many times a group sort-of consciousness, in a commune-type setting with a dozen or more people. fully fleshed out with faces and full names.

does anyone believe in the astral plane? i firmly think that a door has opened for me in a Timothy Leary sense of the word. and to keep this ism-relative, i have had sex in these dreams and i've woken up so relaxed. once it was with a friend who lives across-country. i'm betting she had the same dream, but i can't bring myself to ask (it would be vastly inappropriate)...

wscott

Board footer