#26 June 8th, 2005 08:06 AM

Belgareth

Re: Hello Everyone

lightyear wrote:

I just don't find it fair that anyone can criticise somebody else for being offensive, while being the same to said person...

I agree with you entirely and that is part of point I am trying to make. My criticism is intended for precisely that reason. No-one, including myself, has the right to be offensive and I have offended my own sensibilities by taking this stance in order to get the point across, because I am not a naturally aggresive person.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#27 June 8th, 2005 08:12 AM

liandra_dahl

Belgareth wrote:

I agree with you entirely and that is part of point I am trying to make. My criticism is intended for precisely that reason. No-one, including myself, has the right to be offensive and I have offended my own sensibilities by taking this stance in order to get the point across, because I am not a naturally aggresive person.

oooh, Hello Belgareth, we've just posted at almost exactly the same time. How are you?

#28 June 8th, 2005 04:09 PM

Belgareth

liandra_dahl wrote:

oooh, Hello Belgareth, we've just posted at almost exactly the same time. How are you?

Well hello Liandra, it's good to have you back again. I think that this is the closest we will ever get to doing anything together.

I'm OK really but as you may have gathered, I'm just getting a bit frustrated, trying to get across the same point that you have made so effectively in your last post.

By the way, as no-one has asked, how was your trip to the other side of the world?

#29 June 8th, 2005 08:20 PM

EgonArbus

Contributing in the wrong thread here, I know, but as MrPicMe is around in this one too, I just wanted to offer my thanks to him for proving nihilism is not dead yet!  The backlash you have received offers us a perfect example of the difficulties that always accompany the idea of "free choice".  In most scanarios the conditions that allow such a choice make the choice itself unfree.

i say to you reject the sneering insinuations of these neo-liberals.  What an egregious lot they are, who offer us only the choice to conform to their expert moral code or to display one's 'irrational' immaturity!  The longer these thread become, the more I am made aware of the exponential growth of idiocy levels among ISM contributors!  This lot scarcely qualify as fully sentient humans. They're people-shaped amoebas existing on raw narcissim!

(oh, and by the way, the creme fraiche folio? I completely disagree with you)

#30 June 8th, 2005 09:39 PM

liandra_dahl

EgonArbus wrote:

Contributing in the wrong thread here, I know, but as MrPicMe is around in this one too, I just wanted to offer my thanks to him for proving nihilism is not dead yet!  The backlash you have received offers us a perfect example of the difficulties that always accompany the idea of "free choice".  In most scanarios the conditions that allow such a choice make the choice itself unfree.

i say to you reject the sneering insinuations of these neo-liberals.  What an egregious lot they are, who offer us only the choice to conform to their expert moral code or to display one's 'irrational' immaturity!  The longer these thread become, the more I am made aware of the exponential growth of idiocy levels among ISM contributors!  This lot scarcely qualify as fully sentient humans. They're people-shaped amoebas existing on raw narcissim!

(oh, and by the way, the creme fraiche folio? I completely disagree with you)

It's always a joy to have you with us EgonArbus, though I fear you're diatribes are becoming a bit predictable. No one is sneering at MrPicMe, but I should imagine you find it very hard to get your face out of a contorted sneer long enough to interact verbally with other sentient humans in any sort of meaningful way. I've found myself wondering what sort of life you live. I've wonder, on occaission, if your just a sad lonely hateful little man, but I'm probably completely off the mark and you have a wonderful life and your completely fulfilled and satiated by it in everyway; you just come to the ISM forum to vent out bad feelings that have no place in your glorious existance. Of course probably neither of those is right and your antipathy towards us is just a cry for attention. In fact your jealous of MrPicMe for stealing your spot so you thought you'd go one better than him. No no, you're too intelligent for that, you're probably just being brutally honest, but I am never going to credit your words with any truth, no matter how many times you write it, and I'm having too much fun speculating about your possible misery to settle on that conclusion.

#31 June 8th, 2005 09:50 PM

liandra_dahl

Belgareth wrote:

Well hello Liandra, it's good to have you back again. I think that this is the closest we will ever get to doing anything together.

I'm OK really but as you may have gathered, I'm just getting a bit frustrated, trying to get across the same point that you have made so effectively in your last post.

By the way, as no-one has asked, how was your trip to the other side of the world?

I had a great time, thank you. I stayed at the Landmark Hotel on Marlybone Road in London. It's a very nice hotel. The room was GBP330 per night! I'm glad I was paying for it! I met some of my old dancing buddies and we went out and shook our booties in the Cafe de Paris. Then I did a whirlwind tour of all my family and friends and discovered my rather excentric father has now gone completely mad. Ultimately I realised that Australia is my home now, and fond as I am of UK it's great to be back.

#32 June 8th, 2005 10:05 PM

Head

EgonArbus wrote:

This lot scarcely qualify as fully sentient humans. They're people-shaped amoebas existing on raw narcissim!

Welcome to our petrie dish.  Try the yellow scum, it's particularly good this year.

#33 June 8th, 2005 10:44 PM

liandra_dahl

Head wrote:

Welcome to our petrie dish.  Try the yellow scum, it's particularly good this year.

I object to your favouritism! Why do gentlemen always prefer the yellow scum?

#34 June 8th, 2005 11:00 PM

SCSIgirl

liandra_dahl wrote:

I object to your favouritism! Why do gentlemen always prefer the yellow scum?

The green one gives us gas.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#35 June 9th, 2005 02:47 AM

Belgareth

SCSIgirl wrote:

The green one gives us gas.

And more gas in here we definitely do not need ;-)

#36 June 9th, 2005 06:06 AM

EgonArbus

liandra_dahl wrote:

It's always a joy to have you with us EgonArbus, though I fear you're diatribes are becoming a bit predictable. No one is sneering at MrPicMe, but I should imagine you find it very hard to get your face out of a contorted sneer long enough to interact verbally with other sentient humans in any sort of meaningful way. I've found myself wondering what sort of life you live. I've wonder, on occaission, if your just a sad lonely hateful little man, but I'm probably completely off the mark and you have a wonderful life and your completely fulfilled and satiated by it in everyway; you just come to the ISM forum to vent out bad feelings that have no place in your glorious existance. Of course probably neither of those is right and your antipathy towards us is just a cry for attention. In fact your jealous of MrPicMe for stealing your spot so you thought you'd go one better than him. No no, you're too intelligent for that, you're probably just being brutally honest, but I am never going to credit your words with any truth, no matter how many times you write it, and I'm having too much fun speculating about your possible misery to settle on that conclusion.

Hey Liandra? I can't quite work it out; have you just made a pass at me?

if not, then we might, perhaps, still have something we can build on: this could be a positive start to a debate about what kind of world we want.  I am therefore advocating that we stand up to the ensuing global domination of a heteroclitic sexuality, and, who knows, maybe we can bring about the beginning of the end for the cliche?

p.s. you have an avatar!!  Apparently, when that photographer went to NY, thousands turned up for the shoot!  And when he went to Sydney, again thousands turned up!  When he arrived in London hundreds turned up!  And when he went to Paris....?  Nobody, not a single naked soul!  I think the French are going to save us all. Non to Iraq, non to the EU constitution and non to superflous mass nudity!  Viva France!

#37 June 9th, 2005 06:53 AM

voyeur2

EgonArbus wrote:

if not, then we might, perhaps, still have something we can build on: this could be a positive start to a debate about what kind of world we want.  I am therefore advocating that we stand up to the ensuing global domination of a heteroclitic sexuality, and, who knows, maybe we can bring about the beginning of the end for the cliche?

p.s. you have an avatar!!  Apparently, when that photographer went to NY, thousands turned up for the shoot!  And when he went to Sydney, again thousands turned up!  When he arrived in London hundreds turned up!  And when he went to Paris....?  Nobody, not a single naked soul!  I think the French are going to save us all. Non to Iraq, non to the EU constitution and non to superflous mass nudity!  Viva France!

As I read this pompous semi educated blather, I am struck by a few things.

Obviously it is not a pass at you, more like she just gave you a pass.

Standing up to an ensuing anything is improbable because it has already arisen, and is usually the inevitable ensuing thing from whatever event is referred to; perhaps the word Oncumming might be a better one?  Its my new one for this occasion.  But feel free to use it.

As for heteroclitic society - does it mean as in heterosexual, that both the male and the female approach the topic ic a clitoral way?  Sounds like something devoutly to be desired.
Devoured?

What kind of sexuality do you advocate in its place?

and blah blah until the end.

Please do not stray to languages you clearly do not understand.

Viva is a Spanish word.  You are mixing your whereafors.

the actual phrase is "Vive La France!"

just a note from the guy who is living there.

And why, pray tell, are you against the EU constitution and what has it got to do with this forum?

And I also disagree about mass nudity, there isnt enough of it.

Oh by the way - what IS the Cliche you refer to?

All the typos are mine, I am too lazy to proofread.  And yup - its a flame.

Have I ever lied to you before?

#38 June 9th, 2005 07:25 AM

wantingscott

EgonArbus wrote:

I am therefore advocating that we stand up...

yes, EgonArbus. sometimes one must stand up, back away from the laptop, wipe one's hands on the jizzrag, and hide the handlotion before mommy calls him up to dinner.

i do get the impression that when you get the feeling to use ISM with BOTH typing hands, it's to assuage guilt, or something...

but don't worry, hey you don't have to impress us. "Hi, i'm Scott and I masturbate about 4 times a week."

wscott

#39 June 9th, 2005 06:01 PM

lightyear

voyeur2 wrote:

Standing up to an ensuing anything is improbable because it has already arisen, and is usually the inevitable ensuing thing from whatever event is referred to; perhaps the word Oncumming might be a better one?  Its my new one for this occasion.  But feel free to use it.

As for heteroclitic society - does it mean as in heterosexual, that both the male and the female approach the topic ic a clitoral way?  Sounds like something devoutly to be desired.
Devoured?

And why, pray tell, are you against the EU constitution and what has it got to do with this forum?

I fear a growing tide of intolerance amongst us... And intellectual one-upmanship.

#40 June 9th, 2005 10:56 PM

wantingscott

lightyear wrote:

I fear a growing tide of intolerance amongst us... And intellectual one-upmanship.

Lightyear,

just keep perspective. this whole discussion started over a pictoral display of a fully-aroused woman's vagina. someone posted that the creamynatural love lube looked to him like "sour cream", i believe...

Perspective. that's all. it really is a discussion of "going down" and reciprocity, i think.

wscott

#41 June 10th, 2005 12:20 AM

icheratus

EgonArbus wrote:

I just wanted to offer my thanks to him for proving nihilism is not dead yet!

So you value nihilism? Interesting...

#42 June 10th, 2005 03:11 AM

Belgareth

icheratus wrote:

So you value nihilism? Interesting...

Indeed it is. How does one value nothing? I suppose it could be considered priceless!

#43 June 10th, 2005 03:15 AM

wantingscott

kinda like knowing the price of everythiing and the value of nothing.

seems EgonArbus knows the value of nothing.

cool.
wscott

#44 June 10th, 2005 06:39 AM

voyeur2

wantingscott wrote:

kinda like knowing the price of everythiing and the value of nothing.

seems EgonArbus knows the value of nothing.

cool.
wscott

So, in my copious free time I did a google on egonarbus without the ego, and came up with this on page 3
(I really do have loads of freet ime from time to time) this was a bunch of great one liners from some IRC hound's archive.

"I will hate you for the rest of time. I will change the background on my computer to a list of people I hate, and you will be at the top of it, so every day I will see your name and remember you suck." -Narbus makes the list!!!

"Hmm, Bob's egotism would be impressive if it weren't so irritating. I should've noticed it sooner...but nope, he's just an egotistical bastard." -Kintara

Is there a connection here?

nah.

But at least I am comforted with the thought that the ego will be here forty years from now still looking for someone who wants to do it all for him.

yup, its a flame.

Nothing personal mind you, just something humerous to keep everyone on their toes.

yuk yuk
he said with an ironic twist.

Have I ever lied to you before?

#45 June 10th, 2005 07:20 AM

EgonArbus

voyeur2 wrote:

Devoured?

Well, if it can evoke such a paternal, didactic response, I can only summise that it must have been a pass!

And might I suppose the subsequent popularity of the event (although probably more for reasons to do with intellectual convenience?) may have an inhibiting effect on developments, consigning any 'irrational' ideas to oblivion as a result of uncritical acceptance.  The problem here is a tendency to think in power terms, to be acutely sensitive to questions of who dominates whom.  Your thinking makes more than the usual use of stereotypes and it also seems to be me that you like order and are made uncomfortable by disorder so that if a phenomena you are exposed to is complex and subtle, you must impose you own tight categories upon them and ignore their nuances.

I think I might have said this before, but there is a preoccupation around here with virility, tending toward an exaggerated assertion of impatience with, and opposition to (?), the subjective and tender-minded. One of its more conspicuous forms has made itself evident in an inability to introspect, to acknowledge, one's own feelings and fantasies (it does make you blind after all!)

Old puritanism repressed sexual love by forbidding it; modern life represses it by making trivial goals obsessive, trivialising sexuality. It has split the human psyche very rigidly and what should be sexual liberation has turned barbaric.  Maculine narcissism- the prisoners of self-perfection- with their hyper-trophy of the 'performance principle' has made modern man one-dimensional.

oh yeah, nihilism? Just something I use to discredit a whole range of things I happen to disagree with

#46 June 10th, 2005 09:01 AM

EgonArbus

voyeur2 wrote:

So, in my copious free time I did a google on egonarbus without the ego, and came up with this on page 3
(I really do have loads of freet ime from time to time) this was a bunch of great one liners from some IRC hound's archive.

"I will hate you for the rest of time. I will change the background on my computer to a list of people I hate, and you will be at the top of it, so every day I will see your name and remember you suck." -Narbus makes the list!!!

"Hmm, Bob's egotism would be impressive if it weren't so irritating. I should've noticed it sooner...but nope, he's just an egotistical bastard." -Kintara

Is there a connection here?

nah.

But at least I am comforted with the thought that the ego will be here forty years from now still looking for someone who wants to do it all for him.

yup, its a flame.

Nothing personal mind you, just something humerous to keep everyone on their toes.

yuk yuk
he said with an ironic twist.

I'm sure the point of humour is to reveal an underlying tendency to fight for self-preservation.

Hmmm, fastidious men make difficult patrons!

#47 June 10th, 2005 10:05 AM

trebora

Sometimes I sit here reading forums and the thought hits me.  Where are people using there computers.   Are they sitting in a dark corner of the basement clicking away laughing manicly with glee as they plot to take over the world.  Or is it a sunlit room.  Are they sitting out at a sidewalk cafe sipping coffee.  What noises are there in the background.  What type of facial expressions are the person writting the post making.

Yeah I know its all silly but sometimes I wonder about these things.

---
One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity
---

#48 June 10th, 2005 11:45 AM

zille

trebora wrote:

Sometimes I sit here reading forums and the thought hits me.  Where are people using there computers.   [...]

Not silly at all -- you are redeeming this whole thread!

I am usually on my bed, in some form of undress (now that it's summer) and have the old lap-top on a raised-tray-thing over my lap to keep it from over-heating.  Since I am a free-lancer, and my desk is still in the process of being fauz-finished, this is often where I these days.

Or, sometimes, I am at the tapicoa-pearl internet-cafe down the road a bit, listening to techno or bad pop and teenagers gossiping.

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#49 June 12th, 2005 05:57 PM

liandra_dahl

EgonArbus wrote:

Ok..so this did make me laugh. What a strange man you are. That is if you are a man, I've been wrong about gender before on this site. I don't know that my making a pass at you, or not, as the case may be, could start a debate of any sort; other than the status of my sanity had I actually made the said pass. However I am all for heteroclitic sexuality, I am against hegemonic heterosexuality. I have nothing against the cliché personally, so I'll leave you to bring about the beginning of its end all on your tod, being the profound iconoclast that you are I'm sure you'll do fine. As I am sure there is nothing that would alleviate you of your contempt for me, nor me of mine for you, I'll not waste too much more of either of our time in this futile pursuit.   

P.S. I do have an avatar. I'm not in it, but I would of been if I could of. Head is in it though. I have to say on my visit to France when I was 14, to live with a family for a few weeks, I was shocked to see nudity in adverts and gameshows on TV at a time it never would have been in England (Australia or USA either). So perhaps they were getting enough of it already and they had no need to liberate their bodies in a photograph of mass nudity. I think censorship laws there are much less restrictive than the UK, USA, AUS. ANyway, who knows, maybe they were too busy "giving/getting a French girlie". I don't think the French will save us all but I think mass nudity could.

#50 June 12th, 2005 06:08 PM

liandra_dahl

zille wrote:

Not silly at all -- you are redeeming this whole thread!

Sorry Zille, I think I might have dragged the thread back down again.

trebora wrote:

Sometimes I sit here reading forums and the thought hits me. Where are people using there computers. [...]

I am mostly in the corner of my living room. So no semi-clothed lounging on the bed here. Sorry that's not very exciting.

Board footer