#26 January 16th, 2005 03:52 AM

doggie

Re: lovely hairy woman out there

Belgareth wrote:

I've noticed a few references to "social" influences concerning body hair, including my own. It suddenly struck me that there are certain races on this planet who do not have natural body hair. I wonder how we fit those into the equation, because no hair is their natural state and growing it is not an option.

I would be curious to see that.

One of the additional negative things about shaving is that it often leaves the skin red, spotty and marked.

#27 January 17th, 2005 06:45 AM

meristim

i love hairy and natural woman.....Please just keep them on coming into this site.  I am not trying to blow away other sites, but I can truely appreciate woman feeling great about NEVER shaving their pits, legs and especially their pubic hair.  Delicious!!

meristim wrote:

There is NOTHING more pleasing to my eyes to see a woman who DOEST NOT SHAVE her pits, pubic, and leg hair.   Seems like Santa Cruz, CA and much of Europe tops places to get what I desire and, of course this site!

#28 January 17th, 2005 10:41 AM

theda

voyeur2 wrote:

Now the fashion of men shaving some or all body hair is more prevalent.  Seems the ladies like a hairless chest.  Is this an age thing - looking like a prepubescent male?  Other aesthetics?

Germaine Greer wrote a book and made a documentary for the BBC about this very fact. Mind you though, I kind of think she's romanticising her sexual life as a teenager, I don't see what the attraction for a teenage boy would be, just as I can't see why older men would find teenage girls attractive. But then I think the epitomy of sexy is Jarvis Cocker from Pulp and he looks a bit like a schoolboy doesn't he?

#29 January 17th, 2005 08:00 PM

ixnay3

I absolutely love hair on girls - there is a disturning trend towards no body hair at all.

Who was it that persueded women that "ugly superflous hair" was bad? Yes, advertising men in New York. And it has become so ingrained into popular perception that nowadays most people imagine that the only women who do not shave their armpits are hippies, gypsys and dykes. Well, back in the forties I believe it was (not that I was there to see it) the only women that DID regularly shave armpits were prostitutes. But glamour and the Hollywood way have changed all that and the percentage of women worldwide that shave everything is scary.
In the eighties when I was a major sexual scamp in London, I would say that around 90% of the girls I knew as friends and lovers did not shave. And it wasnt even an issue with us/them. They just didnt, and that was that. It was such an obviously pointless thing to do no one did or even discussed it. Its part of growing up; part of the way girls change into women and I love it. Its part of the equation and I for one feel royally ripped off that women have been scared and shamed by social conditioning.
My wife is American, and it is practically illegal to have hairy armpits in the States - I am sure that you can actually be arrested for lewdness in some parts of the country. When she first came over here to live I respected the power of social conditioning and didnt even bring it up for the first few years. I gently broached the subject with her and initially got the expected reaction. "You are really weird to like underarm hair so much"
Well, no actually. Quite the reverse. What I think is weird is to prefer females to be shaved, sterile and looking like pre-pubescant Barbi dolls. What, pray, is weird about being turned on by women's bodies appearing in the way they were designed to be? There is a plan you know. Its only hair. Yeah. And tits are only lumps of fat with a nipple on the end. And dicks are only bits of veiny gristle. And yet men and women have certain primal deep down buttons pushed by touching and seeing them. And armpit hair used to be one of those primal buttons but got demoted by the media. And nearly everyone bought it.
I am glad to report that my wife is an intelligent woman and has been able to see through the whole scam and goes hairy and proud of it. She gets some looks, sure. In the Somerset town where we live I am certain that many people are so sheltered that they have never seen a woman with hair under her arms before and talk and snigger about it. But maybe thats how education works sometimes. I am immensly proud of her. I would never insist that she did it purely to please me (as if I could!) - rather I wanted her to see the light in her own time.
I spend a lot of time in Holland and Germany and until recently it was not uncomman to see women in mainstream adverts, TV programes and films with hair. But media globalisation is making its mark even there these days.
I applaud women who have the balls to say "Fuck you! I dont need to shave to be sexy"
Think about it. It is JUST social conditioning. That's all it is. "Oh, but no. Its gross" you say.
That's because you have been led to believe that. Thats how conditioning works. I am not expecting for anyone to read this and go "Fuckin A - Ixnay is right on!" and throw away their razors. But just think about it. Cultural diversity. Lets not all get too homogenised eh?
Over and out.

#30 January 18th, 2005 03:36 AM

doggie

ixnay3 wrote:

I absolutely love hair on girls - there is a disturning trend towards no body hair at all.

Who was it that persueded women that "ugly superflous hair" was bad? Yes, advertising men in New York. And it has become so ingrained into popular perception that nowadays most people imagine that the only women who do not shave their armpits are hippies, gypsys and dykes. Well, back in the forties I believe it was (not that I was there to see it) the only women that DID regularly shave armpits were prostitutes. But glamour and the Hollywood way have changed all that and the percentage of women worldwide that shave everything is scary.
In the eighties when I was a major sexual scamp in London, I would say that around 90% of the girls I knew as friends and lovers did not shave. And it wasnt even an issue with us/them. They just didnt, and that was that. It was such an obviously pointless thing to do no one did or even discussed it. Its part of growing up; part of the way girls change into women and I love it. Its part of the equation and I for one feel royally ripped off that women have been scared and shamed by social conditioning.
My wife is American, and it is practically illegal to have hairy armpits in the States - I am sure that you can actually be arrested for lewdness in some parts of the country. When she first came over here to live I respected the power of social conditioning and didnt even bring it up for the first few years. I gently broached the subject with her and initially got the expected reaction. "You are really weird to like underarm hair so much"
Well, no actually. Quite the reverse. What I think is weird is to prefer females to be shaved, sterile and looking like pre-pubescant Barbi dolls. What, pray, is weird about being turned on by women's bodies appearing in the way they were designed to be? There is a plan you know. Its only hair. Yeah. And tits are only lumps of fat with a nipple on the end. And dicks are only bits of veiny gristle. And yet men and women have certain primal deep down buttons pushed by touching and seeing them. And armpit hair used to be one of those primal buttons but got demoted by the media. And nearly everyone bought it.
I am glad to report that my wife is an intelligent woman and has been able to see through the whole scam and goes hairy and proud of it. She gets some looks, sure. In the Somerset town where we live I am certain that many people are so sheltered that they have never seen a woman with hair under her arms before and talk and snigger about it. But maybe thats how education works sometimes. I am immensly proud of her. I would never insist that she did it purely to please me (as if I could!) - rather I wanted her to see the light in her own time.
I spend a lot of time in Holland and Germany and until recently it was not uncomman to see women in mainstream adverts, TV programes and films with hair. But media globalisation is making its mark even there these days.
I applaud women who have the balls to say "Fuck you! I dont need to shave to be sexy"
Think about it. It is JUST social conditioning. That's all it is. "Oh, but no. Its gross" you say.
That's because you have been led to believe that. Thats how conditioning works. I am not expecting for anyone to read this and go "Fuckin A - Ixnay is right on!" and throw away their razors. But just think about it. Cultural diversity. Lets not all get too homogenised eh?
Over and out.

Nice post ixnay - you took the trouble to express the things I wanted too ;o)

#31 January 18th, 2005 10:52 AM

Head

theda wrote:

I can't see why older men would find teenage girls attractive.

They are fun, uncomplicated, unembittered, and aren't gagging to breed. That's the less obvious answer.

#32 January 18th, 2005 11:09 AM

theda

ixnay3 wrote:

Over and out.

Thankyou for that post! smile

#33 January 18th, 2005 11:23 AM

centrevom

I totally agree that dislike of body hair on women is a result of social conditioning and not natural.

But the trouble is, I've been socially conditioned.  I find armpit hair and leg hair very unattractive.  I don't have too much of a problem with pubic hair, but I certainly prefer the hair around the labia trimmed.

Is there a cure?

#34 January 18th, 2005 01:13 PM

theda

Head wrote:

They are fun, uncomplicated, unembittered, and aren't gagging to breed. That;s the less obvious answer.

uncomplicated! obviously you've never been a teenage girl. The older I've become the less complicated and together I've become, and I think thats true for most of the women I know. I'm really sad to hear that! We're fun! Bitter maybe, but then you didn't know me as Theda the Teenage Goth now did you? THAT was bitter.
I think older men desire teenage girls because, as lucille mentioned in another post, vulnerable and passive equals desirable, wheras aggressive is the opposite. Simply, teenage girls have no idea what they want, are easily manipulated and controlled and are likely to take whatever the older man says as gospel and cater to their every whim and need. They are also inexperienced sexually, and for some men the thrill of corrupting innocence is what provokes them. This is where Germaine Greer kind of went off the rails...she started talking about how women would much rather prefer being with teenage boys and what not...but who want's an inexperienced lover?
I'm not slamming relationships between people in genuine relationships with age differences, just that I think men who are into teenage girls are afraid of real relationships with thinking people that might threaten their sense of superiority.

#35 January 18th, 2005 01:16 PM

theda

centrevom wrote:

Is there a cure?

Sure is.

www.thecure.com

#36 January 18th, 2005 02:39 PM

Head

theda wrote:

I think older men desire teenage girls because, as lucille mentioned in another post, vulnerable and passive equals desirable, wheras aggressive is the opposite. Simply, teenage girls have no idea what they want, are easily manipulated and controlled and are likely to take whatever the older man says as gospel and cater to their every whim and need. They are also inexperienced sexually, and for some men the thrill of corrupting innocence is what provokes them. This is where Germaine Greer kind of went off the rails...she started talking about how women would much rather prefer being with teenage boys and what not...but who want's an inexperienced lover?
I'm not slamming relationships between people in genuine relationships with age differences, just that I think men who are into teenage girls are afraid of real relationships with thinking people that might threaten their sense of superiority.

There are some pretty wild generalisations in there.  But first we need to agree on what men want females ~for~.  If it's just to look at at, well younger girls are for the most part prettier, just like kittens, or new clothes, and men don't have a monopoly on desire.   But for relationships, most men don't prefer teenage girls at all, and even fewer want a girl who's vulnerable, naive or malleable.  Mostly we want girls who are stable, and sensible, and can read a map.  Usually we settle for 2 out of 3.

#37 January 18th, 2005 04:10 PM

lucille

hey why does no one kick up a fuss about older women liking younger men??  why doesn’t anyone call me perverted if I appreciate the beauty of a group of school boys? (well maybe they do, afta I told em!)

women like young men because they are fun, uncomplicated, unembittered (can you introduce me, head to one of these women...??) and aren't gagging to breed!

Of course young women are beautiful and desirable, they are fresh (looking anyway….not always smelling) not all are stupid and malleable some are smart and know exactly what they are getting out of the relationship with sugar daddy. 

Young men are the same, it seems perfectly acceptable for a nation of housewives to all wanna do the wild thang with Ian Thorpe, but disgusting and seedy for the nations working men to fantasize about some nubile barely there 18 yo. 

The other thing is that 14- 18 y.o is a very exciting time for both male and female, it’s when we discover mature sexual desire and fulfillment.  Who wouldn’t want to be along for that ride??

You are young and desirable and old and desirable but for different reasons and that is ok wink

#38 January 19th, 2005 07:10 AM

Belgareth

lucille wrote:

hey why does no one kick up a fuss about older women liking younger men??  why doesn’t anyone call me perverted if I appreciate the beauty of a group of school boys? (well maybe they do, afta I told em!)

women like young men because they are fun, uncomplicated, unembittered (can you introduce me, head to one of these women...??) and aren't gagging to breed!

Of course young women are beautiful and desirable, they are fresh (looking anyway….not always smelling) not all are stupid and malleable some are smart and know exactly what they are getting out of the relationship with sugar daddy. 

Young men are the same, it seems perfectly acceptable for a nation of housewives to all wanna do the wild thang with Ian Thorpe, but disgusting and seedy for the nations working men to fantasize about some nubile barely there 18 yo. 

The other thing is that 14- 18 y.o is a very exciting time for both male and female, it’s when we discover mature sexual desire and fulfillment.  Who wouldn’t want to be along for that ride??

You are young and desirable and old and desirable but for different reasons and that is ok wink

Age is a very misconstrued and ambiguous marker. Some young people, while possessing a beautiful, nubile body have old uninteresting attitudes, to the point of being downright boring and some old people, while possessing the physical marks of age, are fun to be around and still possess a young approach to life. It's true, it does depend upon what one person is look for in another, as to which way they choose.

I can't argue that viewed from purely the physical aspect, young people are the more pleasing and I think that most would agree with that statement. However, being "along for the ride" with a young person may not always prove to be interesting.

I will offer a possible explanation for your point about the acceptance of older women with younger men. The male gender is considered to have become impotent and sexually useless by late middle age and therefore does not take care of himself, because he no longer has a reason to do so, ergo the "dirty old man" concept. Whereas the female, despite the difficulties of menopause et al, tries to remain attractive to the opposite sex and is considered to have achieved this goal if she can attract a younger male.

Before anyone verbally kicks me around the head for stereotyping, that is not my intention.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#39 January 19th, 2005 09:56 AM

lucille

'I will offer a possible explanation for your point about the acceptance of older women with younger men. The male gender is considered to have become impotent and sexually useless by late middle age and therefore does not take care of himself, because he no longer has a reason to do so, ergo the "dirty old man" concept. Whereas the female, despite the difficulties of menopause et al, tries to remain attractive to the opposite sex and is considered to have achieved this goal if she can attract a younger male.'

mmm, i do get your drift. and i guess if attractiveness was a direct outcome of the amount of time and money invested in it then yes I would agree (e.g waxes, haircuts, makeup, injections, reductions enhancements etc). 

But as a female I am certainly not attracted to a man who places value on his ‘attractiveness’ in terms of the amount of time he invests in it. 

I actually prefer men who are as unaware of their allure as possible, and who spend little to no time in preening or attempting to make themselves more attractive to females. 

I suppose the ‘dirty old man’ concept only applies to me in that I find it the opposite of repulsive!

#40 January 19th, 2005 10:57 AM

theda

Belgareth wrote:

The male gender is considered to have become impotent and sexually useless by late middle age .

so not true.

#41 January 28th, 2005 12:39 AM

meristim

teatree....what a wonder lovely and hairy woman....thank you once again ishotmyself for finding her!

meristim wrote:

There is NOTHING more pleasing to my eyes to see a woman who DOEST NOT SHAVE her pits, pubic, and leg hair.   Seems like Santa Cruz, CA and much of Europe tops places to get what I desire and, of course this site!

#42 March 10th, 2005 12:44 PM

meristim

thank for your posting young and hairy photos....thank you ruby_rose...

#43 March 10th, 2005 02:38 PM

liandra_dahl

Head wrote:

They are fun, uncomplicated, unembittered, and aren't gagging to breed. That's the less obvious answer.

This reply had me rolling on the floor laughing! So Head does this mean you're indulging yourself in teenage delights?

#44 March 11th, 2005 09:21 AM

Head

liandra_dahl wrote:

This reply had me rolling on the floor laughing! So Head does this mean you're indulging yourself in teenage delights?

When you put it that way, no!

#45 March 11th, 2005 12:43 PM

SCSIgirl

meristim wrote:

Well, I think you all know how I feel on the subject.  So I will only add that several of my models  (who are friends so they must get together on this) have fairly dense bushes.  This gives them the option of carving unique designs above or around their lips.  They have appeared at shoots (in Santa Cruz) with butterfiles, hearts, abstracts, a turtle,  a vollyball and even a face where the lips were the mouth!  Some of the abstracts are intriguing when they resemble company logos.  As one girl put it "It's like have a tatoo you can change on a whim".
From a photographers point of view,  it's also an item of interest.  Something to shoot close up.  The same goes with tats.  If a model goes through the time and expense of a tatoo,  it means something to her.  An I've seen some real beauties.  I always shoot the tat.  It's part of her character.  it's part of her portfolio.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#46 March 12th, 2005 06:43 PM

CubmanPi

centrevom wrote:

I totally agree that dislike of body hair on women is a result of social conditioning and not natural.

But the trouble is, I've been socially conditioned.  I find armpit hair and leg hair very unattractive.  I don't have too much of a problem with pubic hair, but I certainly prefer the hair around the labia trimmed.

Is there a cure?

I realize I'm going to be in the minority here, but my feelings are firmly planted, so I just felt I'd share for the sake of discussion.

I agree almost completely with the above post, though I'm not necessarily in search for a cure. Part of my social conditioning, to use the accepted phrase for this discussion, is that body hair is more of a masculine trait. Speaking in general terms only, men tend to be more gruff and rugged, whereas the "fairer sex" is softer, petite, and ....well, fair. In my mind, the more hair someone has, the more masculine they will look--the less hair, the more feminine. There are some minor exceptions, but not when it comes to the nude female. A "natural-looking" female to me just looks more manly.

On a more practical standpoint, hair helps trap odors and oils and funk and all that fun stuff our body lets out over the course of the day. I have never shaved my pits, but I have shaved my head, chest, stomach, and down under, and I still trim my pits. Something I have noticed (and which my girlfriend confirmed) is that if I've had a day that's pretty active overall, the amount of body funk I retain is proportional to the amount of hair I have. If I wore a hat outside all day, it was very pungent when I took it off, but when I shaved my head, the odor was negligible at best.

Given this, my gf would shave just as a courtesy to me. Prior to her, I was pretty indifferent on the topic, but I now obviously have my opinions. Now that it's what I've grown accustomed to, the natural look just doesn't do as much for me anymore. I feel it's just much more feminine, and being hairy is manly, and if manly was what i wanted, well....

I'm not sure how well this all fit together, and I can even sort of see just how societally (if that's a word) conditioned people would need to be to grow into this mindset to begin with. Just my two cents.

#47 March 13th, 2005 01:48 PM

liandra_dahl

Head wrote:

When you put it that way, no!

hmmm... perhaps my choice of words were wrong as I certainly wasn't intending it to offend. In case there is any doubt, I was laughing with your sentiments and not at you for having them. The fact that the TYPE of "older woman" that caused you to define what is good about teenage girls by describing what can sometimes be not good about the other, made it all too easy to conjure up the image of the "embittered, complicated, baby hungry older women" that may have personally brought you to this conclusion, and that tickled my funny bone.

#48 March 18th, 2005 12:55 AM

meristim

theda wrote:

Thankyou for that post! smile

Yes...I completely agree with you.  I wish to see more hairy sisters on this site.  Not alway like sites that feature Hippie Goddess....but pretty darn close...thank you for all the contributions here.

#49 March 22nd, 2005 06:47 PM

glynn

i'm kind of jumping in at the end of this conversation, but i thought i'd chuck in my bit anyway about how confronting some people find hairy women.  i've fully had people follow me down the street yelling about my armpits.  old women talking about my "filthy" legs in my earshot.  i was on the tram once and these teenage (about 15-16) male yobs were hollering about my underarm hair being longer than theirs and eventually i told them it's what happens when you hit puberty and if they keep waiting they'll get some too. good thing i love my hair more than these people or i'd spend a fortune torturing it off myself.  i guess my opinion on body hair is that it's something that grows and if you've got some kind of naked bald pussy fetish or whatever and want to shave it all off there's nothing stopping you, i just find it kind of odd and just not quite right that it;s simply the expected norm for women to be completely or mostly void of pubic, underarm and leg hair, i don't know, it's always seemed just on the verge of dodgy to me.  for it to be the norm that is.  ultimately it's just down to your own taste.  i used to shave everything off coz it freaked me out, then i got over it by the time i was about 15.  and as for it being more dirty or smelly or whatever... maybe...  i just wash.  i pride myself on my adequate hygiene schedule, i don't know where i'd be without it!  on that pleasant note, cheerio.  glynn.

#50 March 22nd, 2005 11:27 PM

voyeur2

glynn wrote:

i'm kind of jumping in at the end of this conversation, but i thought i'd chuck in my bit anyway "

I have to say that this last post says it all for me.  As a male, I love to see the whole deal as natural as it comes.  Not a hair fetish, it just looks more normal, and to me I think the sight of a completely natural woman is more erotic on a basic level.  On the social level, hygene is very important, (though I like a certain amount of fresh funky exercise smell), but most important is what I believe is the attitude driving the appearance.  A willingness to put up with a hassle factor to be whome she is, says volumes about character.  And character is more erotic than mere shape.  Hence the attractiveness of older versus younger in both men and women.  More texture to the relationship.

Have I ever lied to you before?

Board footer