#1 August 19th, 2019 03:21 PM

viva

we love your COMMENTS!

Hey members! This is just a little PSA to remind you member-folks to COMMENT! if you like a folio! The day a contributor's folio goes online, they get a membership and I know many of them check back over the next couple of days and weeks to check their comments. We work hard on our folios and also, it's pretty vulnerable to show our naked bodies! So it really feels nice to get sweet and appreciative comments.

In the past, folios could get dozens of comments, but now it's more like 3 or 4 for a really spectacular folio!

We know membership waxes and wanes, but we can see there's still plenty of people peeping each folio. So be a sweetheart, and comment. it really warms our little hearts!

thanks xoxo

#2 August 19th, 2019 03:35 PM

Piper_A

Re: we love your COMMENTS!

Wholeheartedly support this notion!! There's no feeling more beautiful than seeing a comment from somebody who has not only seen your folio but really observed the details of what you've created - hearing what people appreciate about our bodies, our blurbs, our artist statements and creative expression, it's a really empowering thing <3

#3 August 19th, 2019 03:45 PM

Piper_A

ACTUALLY - on this topic: I want to do a little shout-out to theconia3 smile
Your comments are always SO thoughtful and a few of the women here in the office have mentioned recently how thankful we are for your support! Hopefully you see this thread tongue
I feel so validated by the comments you've made on my shoots and I often see you comment on other shoots and find it really wonderful how you appreciate each unique body, but also look beyond the physical and find remarkable things about each woman on here. Very lovely!! x

#4 August 20th, 2019 03:30 AM

mori910a

I'll have to try to comment more! (my original reply started out longer, but that's all I really wanted to say)

#5 August 21st, 2019 05:55 PM

redbird

YES PLEASE. I absolutely love reading comments on our shoots and is something that I rather miss. xox

#6 August 24th, 2019 11:31 PM

susie

Yes, for sure!

x

#7 August 29th, 2019 10:12 AM

viva

thank you everyone! I think the comments have been picking up and it feels so good to see folks are listening!! makes me want to engage with y'all even more...

#8 September 10th, 2019 04:28 PM

_hyperballad_

Sometimes when I'm struggling to feel my usual goddess like self I go back & read the comments on my ISM's. Not gonna lie, it makes my heart feel so good.

Validation is nice. ISM is such a beautiful, respectful & kind place. I love leaving thoughtful comments!

#9 March 15th, 2020 07:46 PM

LeoBloom

Is there by any chance a maximum number of comments you can post in a particular period of time?
I've occasionally found - like today, for example - that the comment doesn't go through the system. I think the "post comment" square may look slightly less sharply focused when this happens. Any idea what it is?

#10 March 16th, 2020 08:32 AM

viva

Hey leo! Sometimes comments need approval because you've used a specific word which often appears in unacceptable comments. In this case it was "shave" smile Your comment was fine but often members tell contributors to shave or not to shave and that's not on! I've released your comment now and you should be able to see it on the folio smile

#11 March 16th, 2020 10:29 AM

Terriblesjeux

Oh this is good to know - I noticed recently one of my comments must have hit a filter and I realized immediately why; I then proceeded to send feedback form explaining what happened but I think either my browser hiccuped or the feedback thing also blocked the same word... ANYWAY I hope it was apparent that I wasn't trolling or shaming, just talking about shaming D:

#12 March 16th, 2020 10:39 AM

viva

it's always fine! I check and accept reasonable comments. just may take a few days. If it's not happening fast enough, post here and I'll do it ASAP!

#13 March 16th, 2020 05:46 PM

LeoBloom

Yes, of course.
I'd sometimes wondered what system you used to police the comments, but hadn't anticipated it might actually filter out certain words. It might be useful - and certainly interesting - to see a short list of "dangerous" terms.

#14 March 17th, 2020 09:35 AM

viva

That's our little secret wink

#15 March 19th, 2020 05:18 PM

LeoBloom

Just happened again! Perhaps "ink" was the trigger word this time.

#16 March 20th, 2020 08:26 AM

viva

haha it's 'tits' in this case lol

#17 March 20th, 2020 08:28 AM

viva

I changed it to breasts smile

#18 March 20th, 2020 05:42 PM

LeoBloom

And there's me thinking I wrote "titties"!

#19 March 23rd, 2020 09:06 AM

viva

same/same smile

#20 March 23rd, 2020 05:18 PM

LeoBloom

Even if it has "little" in front of it?

#21 March 24th, 2020 08:39 AM

viva

Probably especially lol.

#22 March 24th, 2020 05:33 PM

LeoBloom

Well, there's always that, of course.

#23 April 25th, 2020 04:11 AM

Juvenon

When I first started subscribing to ISM a few years ago I thought to my self "naked girls, wow!" Then I thought nude women, then artistic, then I read about empowerment from the contributors, and now I'm reading about nude selfies as high art - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/opin … e=Homepage
Quite a change.
And let me give a great shout out to all the wonderful women on ISM, I love all of you and your efforts here.

#24 April 25th, 2020 04:13 AM

Juvenon

Here's the complete link I just posted, the first got chopped up:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/opin … e=Homepage

#25 April 25th, 2020 07:05 AM

Juvenon

Ok, ok, so my link doesn't appear as it should.
So just go to nytimes.com and search for nude selfie, and you'll get it.

Board footer