#1 April 20th, 2017 08:40 AM

ashmedi

Videos Question...

I've been away from my fav site for about a year...
Yesterday I dowm loaded and played 2 videos by Manko in the wmv format and everything was good...
Today I tried to download videos in wmv format from today and last week by Sondrine and Louise... They downloaded, but will not play... I also noticed that if you mouseover the file name in Windows Explorer, the older wmv files display a number of data items in a bubble such as duration, bit rate, size, etc,  but the 2 new wmv files do not display that same type of info...
Has something changed in the wmv files?  Sondrine is only offered as a wmv...

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#2 April 21st, 2017 03:53 AM

mori910a

Re: Videos Question...

You could try downloading and installing the Klite video decoder pack (codecs), which contains all of the most up to date decoders. Just do a search for Klite and download it from one the sites listed, such as codecguide. This usually fixes problems when new videos don't play but old ones do (or vice versa). Takes about 5 minutes to get and install. (be careful when doing the download to use the links to mirror servers, not the big button that is usually there that says *download" - that's an advert for something completely different.

Last edited by mori910a (April 21st, 2017 03:55 AM)

#3 April 21st, 2017 07:12 PM

sirgeorge

Re: Videos Question...

k-lite is the correct name to be found under codecguide.com

Board footer