#1 January 30th, 2017 12:22 PM

Ivy_Jean

New Editor ~

Hi everyone!

I'm Ivy_Jean, the new Editor here at ISM! I've been here for a little while now, slowly getting accustomed to all of the bits and bobs on the site. I figured it was time to introduce myself to you all, let you know there's somebody here reading your posts, comments and what not smile

I've been having lots of fun running the ISM social media accounts, the Instagram is going quite well now - pop on over and give us a follow if you're so inclined wink
https://www.instagram.com/project_ism/

I've also been coming up with some ideas of things to post on the forum, to get it pumping again. Perhaps a 'coming soon' highlight post every now and then... what do you think?

Anyway, feel free to ask me any questions you may have, or share ideas about things you'd like to see more of.

Happy Browsing!

Ivy X

~ ISM Editor ~

#2 January 30th, 2017 10:29 PM

ranger87

Re: New Editor ~

I thought there must have been a technical problem of some kind for a forum that had daily posts to be inactive all of a sudden for over a month ?
The BA banner links have been neglected for even longer.

#3 January 31st, 2017 03:13 AM

Skyhawk

Woops!
I responded to your other post before I saw this one.  smile

Welcome, Ivy,
I suggest as a start you might review Laney's posts to the forum.
She was doing something right.
An Ivy_Jean folio would probably get things going, too.  smile

Last edited by Skyhawk (January 31st, 2017 04:27 AM)

#4 January 31st, 2017 09:14 AM

MacKenzie

Welcome Ivy! Thanks for saying hi. I'm loving the instagram account big_smile

#5 January 31st, 2017 09:20 AM

scully

Welcome Ivy_Jean!

The ISM Instagram account is looking really hot, it's like a greatest hits of ISM which is rad because I am relatively new to the site. Perhaps you could regularly point us to the interesting folios from the past in the forums? I remember stumbling across an octopus folio from 2009 which was amazinnnng.

I'd also be interested to know what sort of art/photography that an Editor of a site like I Shot Myself would be inspired by? And the "coming soon" highlight post is a nice idea too, I do love teasers smile

Thanks! xx

#6 January 31st, 2017 09:38 AM

Ivy_Jean

ranger87 wrote:

I thought there must have been a technical problem of some kind for a forum that had daily posts to be inactive all of a sudden for over a month ?

Hey there ranger!

I apologise for the BA malfunction, there was a glitch with that. I will have my people talk to their people's people and it should be all fixed very soon wink

~ ISM Editor ~

#7 January 31st, 2017 09:55 AM

Ivy_Jean

Thanks for the tips and kind words everyone~!

I look forward to a more interactive forum smile

~ ISM Editor ~

#8 January 31st, 2017 05:46 PM

trevor

Dear Ivy,

Indeed, welcome.  I wish you much success with enlivening the ISM Forum.  As a member, I tried for quite sometime without success and without support; it takes more than two to tango.  Overtime, I made quite a few suggestions that seemed never to be tried, including giving incentives to the artist contributors to respond to comments they receive in the folio section as well as in the Forum.  While occasionally i received "feedback" and responses, the occassions were rather few and even these exchanges were short lived.  If you are interested, you may review my comments in this Forum as well as a few of my letters directly to the staff.  You and your colleagues may also reach me privately.

I'll keep my eyes upon the Forum.  If it becomes more engaging, I'll consider rejoining.

Again, I wish you and your colleagues success, as I think Feck is quite a good project.

Cordially,

Trevor

#9 February 1st, 2017 04:02 PM

Ivy_Jean

ranger87 wrote:

Hey ranger,

Just letting you know that the problem has been fixed and all of the BA's are now linked smile

They will also be automatically linked from now on!

Hurrah!

~ ISM Editor ~

#10 February 1st, 2017 04:05 PM

Ivy_Jean

trevor wrote:

Dear Ivy,

Indeed, welcome.  I wish you much success with enlivening the ISM Forum.  As a member, I tried for quite sometime without success and without support; it takes more than two to tango.  Overtime, I made quite a few suggestions that seemed never to be tried, including giving incentives to the artist contributors to respond to comments they receive in the folio section as well as in the Forum.  While occasionally i received "feedback" and responses, the occassions were rather few and even these exchanges were short lived.  If you are interested, you may review my comments in this Forum as well as a few of my letters directly to the staff.  You and your colleagues may also reach me privately.

I'll keep my eyes upon the Forum.  If it becomes more engaging, I'll consider rejoining.

Again, I wish you and your colleagues success, as I think Feck is quite a good project.

Cordially,

Trevor

Thank you for the kind words Trevor. You're right, it does take two (or more) to tango. I appreciate your efforts much-ly! I will voice your suggestions with the team and keep working on enlivening the forum with goodness as often as I can!

Ivy

~ ISM Editor ~

Board footer